August Starters **May contain food talk**

Hi

I started LL on the 22nd August, so I am now into my 3rd week.
To be honest I breezed through my first two weeks :), but now I am started to find it hard to resist lol.
Any tips?

Last edited:
Hello everyone!!

I'm off to my third week weigh in in about half an hour.... am a bit worried coz it has been TOTM this week, and I know some people gain instead of lose :eek::confused::eek: ..... anyway will let you all know at some point today how it was :wave_cry: xxx

Amberrykerry,

I stared on 11 the August. The boredom of the same things to drink does start to get to you. I found that it is best to avoid cooking and the kitchen if you can but it is difficult if like me you have 3 kids but rather than cooking anything from scratch I am cooking most things from frozen. I also get the kids to help a lot more. Also keep your self busy. Around tea time I have planned out to do a job at home each evening to get me over the worst such as tidying out wardrobes, cleaning windows. I've never had such a tidy home. Keep at it and :whistle: good luck.
Jash

Thanks Jash,

I also have 2 kids to cook for but like you it has mostly been frozen food I have given them.
But even their food looks appealing at the moment ha ha.
My house has never been cleaner.
The things we do eh
Thanks, good luck to you to

Hi everyone!

Long time no speak! All going ok for me. I had my second weigh in last night - only a total loss of 9lbs so far, which is a bit pants really, I am never happy! :(

Also suddenly getting loads more cravings. The first couple of weeks were no problem - but my head is really getting me in trouble now.

Had The Wedding on Saturday, which I was dreading - but coped. I went home during the sit down dinner... avoidance is the best medicine for me at the moment!!

Enjoy your week! :D I just hope this gets easier again!

Annaphylactic x

Nice to see you again Anna! Well done on the loss :D

My second weigh in tomorrow, so will come and post again to let you know how it's gone.....

I think I will be trying some of the recipies with the foodpacks this week. There's only so long I can be enthusiastic about soup and shakes! :rolleyes:

xx

Polly,

If you try any recipes let us know what the're like. I'm getting a bit fed up of the same thing all the time.

I've noticed your in Stoke. I'm in Stafford.

Jash:party0011:

Hello peeps...
Well I had my 3rd weigh in yesterday, lost 3lbs... bit low but it was TOTM.... oh well better off than on I guess! :)
I am getting a bit bored with the shakes and bars now too (I don't have the soups - don't like them)!! So yesterday I tried making a chocolate muffin and banana custard - it was lush!!!!!:drool: so did the same today but don't think I will be able to keep it up as my 3 yr old daughter keeps saying 'I want to have chocolate cake and custard for dinner' and when I say she's not allowed, she says 'but you're having it, Mummy!'.... so I don't really know what to say to that LOL :rotflmao:
Well done to everyone on their weight losses xxxxxx

O.M.G. was just messing around with a BMI calculator online and just realised that I have gone from the 'severely obese' category to just 'obese'!!!! - Didn't think I'd be happy about being obese lol!!

I tried doing the crisps / popadums last night. They are actually fairly palatable! Makes a change to eat something that feels real.
Just make sure you don't spread them too thick if you try to do the crisps. And don't overcook them! :eek:

Theres a load of recipies on the main thread - so plenty to have a go at. I might do Ice cream later.

I have my second weigh in at 1pm...so will update later (fingers crossed!) :D

xx

Hi Jash...I work in Stafford and am part of the Stafford LL crew just off Common Road.:D It's easier to call after work or at lunchtime (like today).

I start the group sessions at the end of September, although I don't think I'm doing too badly without them at the moment. Will be nice to meet other people going on the same journey :D

xx

Polly 740,

Like you I started at Stafford LL on my own 4 weeks ago. I'm starting a class tomorrow but I haven't found it too bad on my own. Let us know how you get on.

jash:flowers:

Another 3lb gone.... 70 to go!

A tad sad that it wasn't a bit more, but I have to be realisitic about it. 3lb a week is near enough a stone a month - and I've already lost 10lb in 2 weeks :cool:

Roll on next Tuesday! :D

xx

Hi Polly,

Well done with your weight losses - 3lbs is fine per week... I was quite pleased with my week two loss of 3lbs... I just wish i'd lost more in week one.. simply because others in my group were losing nearly a stone! :S In the greater scheme of things it is still damn good and my clothes feel looser already! YEAH :D
How are you finding it? Getting bored of the routine yet? Hehe. Most of my group are starting to lose the novelty factor... it just seems like such a long road left to travel. I know in 6 months time it will seem like a blip - just can't wait to get there!

Annaphylactic x
A x

Yesssss, bored, bored, bored!

I'm trying some new stuff with the foodpacks, just to add a bit of variety :rolleyes:

Not too worried about the weight loss, it will level itself out soon enough and I am starting my exercise regime tonight...hopefully that will help with the loss and tone the wobbly bits up a bit :D

I'm pleased that you are happy and feeling a bit slimmer - you'll get there and be at your target sooner than you think! Wooop! :D

xx

Hi Nnif,

The water thing is a bit of an issue with me to. I started off by buying two litre bottles of water from the shop and then I just top them up with tap water and the flavourings that I bought from my LLC. It makes it easier to drink! I keep them on my desk at work, take them in the car and sit with them at home.

You can take the water you mix your packs with and water that you make tea or coffee with into account, so you are probably drinking more than you think you are.
I average about 3 litres a day I think, which I still don't think is enough for me personally.

Just stick with it and try to be more aware of what you are drinking. Having the litre bottles is a good idea so you can keep track of what you're drinking. 3.5lbs is a good loss for your second week ;)

That's my opinion anyway :D

xx

Well done on your weight loss Nnif!! :D

Great week two loss Nnif! Excellent! You will be at your goal in no time :D

Guy - good luck at your 2nd weigh in! Let us know how you get on! :)

A x

Back