August Starters **May contain food talk**

Hi everyone,

I started 4 weeks ago and have managed on my own without any problem because there wasn't enough to start a class. I 'm joining a new class tonight and just wondered what you all thought about the classes and whether they are useful.

Jash

Hi Jash,

I love my class - it's invaluable. Not only do you have the support of the other women that are there, but you do learn things that you may not have considered. Some bits are quite cheesy but if you can get passed the urge to giggle, there are some real nuggets of advice.
As far as I was aware the 2 hour counselling sessions are integral to the programme, and without them you cannot go LL; you may as well be on the Cambridge that doesn't have them at all - and is half the price!

Personally, I know that when I finish the diet I will need a good toolbox of tips and braintraining to stop me going straight back to my old ways; and most people that have over three stone to lose (as all us 'LL'ers do) must have a problem with food or they wouldn't be here.

SO - in summary... do the sessions! It is because of them (and RTM) that LL gets such high results in people keeping the weight off.

A x

(PS - well done on your losses so far, you're doing brilliantly!)

Hi Janey,
I was reading your posts, I hope you dont mind if I ask you a few wee questions.
Is the lighter life expensive? Cost for me is an issue at the moment, but Im sure I could get it from somewhere. Also, would they take me on as im 10st 8lb but I am only 5ft so have at least 2 stone to lose. Sorry to perster you but I saw you just posted so must still be up.
Thanks
Laura (also in Sunny Scotland)

I know that LighterLife - you have to have a BMI of over 30+ and three stone to lose. Hope that helps.

Well done Guy!!

I have my week 4 weigh in tomorrow - wish me luck!! xx

Sweety - good luck with your weigh in today!!

I had my week 3 weigh in last night and lost another 3 lbs, so at least it is going in the right direction! :D On target for my first stone in month one. Yey!!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!

Anna x

Well done Anna!! Feeling good now I bet? How much are you looking to lose while on LL? :D

I have my third WI tomorrow, so I'm a day behind you but incredibly nervous about it :sigh: It all means so much!

I will come back and post when it's done - until then I hope everyone is doing well...and well done again Anna :)

xx

Awww, thanks Polly!

I had a total of six stone to lose, so still a long way off - but i'll get there! I feel ok about the programme, and it is good to see the results, but I just wish it was quicker! Hehe. The idea of another 25 weeks of this is too much to think about - just need to take it one day at a time! I found week three flew by, but other girls in my group found it a tough week... so we all respond differently.

I also found all the PAC lessons we are taught in Week 3/4 classes, quite emotional - drudged up quite a lot of old messages my late father used to instill into me... so I can see this becoming a bit of an emotional rollercoaster - probably needed though! Need to break my vicious circle of eating.

I'm sure your weigh in will be fine tonight... I wasn't really expecting to lose another 3 this week, but it's amazing! Let me know how you get on!

Anna x

Hi Anna and Polly,

You're both doing really well. I've got my fifth weigh in on Wednesday but I don't think I'll have lost very much this week. I'm finding the same things to eat a bit boring and I'm going to change my routine a bit next week. I want to have finished this by Christmas.:D

Hi Jash & All,

It's all ups and downs at the moment. I have my 3rd weigh in at 1pm today - really want to hit 4lb this week and that will be my first stone! I have started going back to the gym, so I'm hoping that will help tone me up as well as burn a few extra calories :eek:

I am happy most of the time, but definately I have my moody moments around food. <Repeat>This is my choice, not eating is MY choice. :D

The one thing thats really hacking me off at the moment is heartburn. I have no idea why I'm getting it and haven't seen anyone else reporting it. Will speak to my LLC later and see if it's normal...but it does worry me.

Anyways, I hope you are all happy and doing well - I will come and post later to update on my weigh in (good or not so good!) :p

xx

6lbs!!!!!!

I cannot believe it - and I swore when I saw it (not that my LLC seemed to mind that much!) :D

So, thats 1 stone and 2lbs gone in 3 weeks.

I am sooooo happy! :party0011:

xx

WOWSERS!! Polly, that is an incredible week 3 loss! Almost got me reaching for the phone of my nearest gym!! Almost... hahaha. How often are you going? What kind of stuff are you doing? I am worried that I will get light headed if I try and do something too vigorous - I have very little energy at the moment, although I feel gerrrrr-reat!

A x

Polly,

Well done ! I bet you can really see the weight loss now.

I'm feeling very tired at the moment and although I'm not hungry I feel like picking at something I think from boredom more than anything. I made one of those muffins the other day but it wasn't up to much and don't think I'll be trying that again. I'm determind to see this through to the end.

Keep up the good work all August starters:party0011:

Hiya girls!

Thank you for your lovely comments :D

I'm going to the gym twice a week - i think thats more than enough to start with. It's all cardiovascular stuff, so not too much of a strain. Just need to keep it easy and slide into it gently :)

If you have a Gymophobics near you then it's well worth going to have a look....

xx

Anna! well done on your weight loss!!

Polly! well done on your weight loss!!

Jash - I tried making the crisps out of vege soup last night they came out really nice, taste all cheesy, it felt so good to be able to crunch on something!! Give it a try!

So anyway ladies, had my week 4 weigh in on Sunday and lost 2lbs. I was a bit disappointed with this but my LLC assured me that it was fine and 2-3lbs a week is perfectly normal with this programme. She also thought it might have something to do with the fact that I'm fasting at the moment (so basically wake up before dawn to eat something (well a litre of water and a shake for me!) then can't eat or drink ANYTHING during daylight hours then eat again at around 7:30pm when it starts to get dark!) so anyway, LLC was saying coz I'm cramming in 1 litre first thing and then 2 litres between 7 - 10pm, my body might be retaining water differently.... then my sister who has also started LL had her week 2 weigh in on Monday and she only lost 2lbs too (after losing 6lbs week 1) and she is fasting too so definitely think LLC is onto something there! Well only 1 1/2 week of fasting left so if that's affecting it should see some improvement then!! Sorry for rambling on girls lol....

Keep up the good work fellow August starters!! xxx

Ooh by the way I haven't been for my 28 day check up... my LLC wasn't in at week 3 weigh in, we had a locum, and I forgot to ask her about it, and then when LLC was back I guess she forgot... should I wait til Sunday and ask her then or just go and have a check up... what dyu reckon??

Hiya Sweety,

Well done yourself for your loss - you're doing really well! I can see how fasting would affect your routine...but you seem to be doing well anyway :D

I'm not sure about the 28 day check up thing. I'm in week 4 now and to be honest I hate going to the doctors when I'm ill...let alone when I'm not and just want him to sign something! I would ask your LLC and see what she says ;)

The crisps are GREAT! I like to do them for a change - the only issue I have is getting them off the sodding paper when they're cooked. A lot of the time i end up eating the paper as well!! :D

Hope everyone is well and happy :cool:

xx

Hi Polly Sweety and Anna,

Sweety, I'm going to have a go at the crisps tonight- hope they work out.

Polly and Sweety,
I've done my 4 week health check by going into Lloyds chemist and getting them to do a blood pressure test. They write it onto a form and you can hand this is but its better not to say its for LL because I undertsand they can be a bit funny about it.

2 pounds loss is still much more than if you were doing WW and like your LLC says there will be a catch up when you've finished fasting. I only lost 2 pounds in week 3.

I've got my weigh in tonight so I'll post my loss later and Polly there is a Gymophobics near to me. What do they actually do there. I've just cancelled Esporta because I never go.:wavey:

Back