August Starters **May contain food talk**

Hi Folks,

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better Sweety. It's tough when you have pains and have to deal with them as well as your normal everyday issues!

Babs - arrrggghh@ stew! I love it and it would be sooo comforting...change the channel quick!

Jash - I know exactly how you feel. My stomach is starting to resemble a Jim Henson creation...quite bizarre really. The bio oil is working overtime at the moment :D

Anyhoo - weigh in update....I lost another 5 lbs this week. I am over the moon :D woop!!

xx

Hey all,

Had my weigh in this afternoon, I have stayed the same. Ws pretty disappointed although I know it can be water retention etc but after really struggling a couple of days this week, sts is like adding insult to injury!!

Am not off the rails or anything tho, in fact am determined to do well this week, my first week of developers. Don't really like the fact that wi's have moved from 10am to 4pm coz obv shakes and water drunk during the day makes a diff but oh well, don't think llc will move the whole developers group coz i dont like the time lol ;)

Didn't get any bars this week coz a couple ppl in my group swear by not having them for better weight loss - thought that anything was worth a try!!

Hope u have all done better than me!! xxx

hey sweety sorry about the weigh in, it'll be big next week. i only lost 1lb last wed then when i weighed the day after at home it showed another 2lbs.
i've gone over to cd now but still want to check in here and see how everyones getting on.
have you tried measuring yourself apparently sometimes you lose inches not lbs.

xx

Hey babs,

Nice to see you here although u have moved to CD, u have to stick with us, ur still one of our august starters gang!! (not many of us left tho...!)

Haven't measured myself, but feel it in my clothes week on week so am not too worried! Been really determined and motivated today and feeling quite positive!!

How will your weigh ins work on the CD? Do u weigh yourself or do u go to a counsellor? xxx

Hi everyone - conscious of the fact that after shouting at people for not using this thread I disappeared off the face of the planet. Sorry about that!

Great to read about how everyone is getting on...

Polly - wow, another 5lbs! That is incredible!! I was hoping for a third good week in a row, but alas, was not to be - what is your secret?! ;)

Sweety - don't lose heart honey - it'll go - you could have stayed the same for all manner of reasons - water retention in this cold weather, totm or near to etc etc... keep at it, and your next WI will be better :)

Babs - TRAITOR! Hehe. Kidding :) Glad you've found a programme you are happy with in CD (assuming you are happy of course). Don't you dare go anywhere though, be good to hear how you are getting on... things they do differently etc...

Jash - I'm not sure if milk week is week 13 or week 14... I think it's 14, following 13 weeks of consecutive abstinance... it will say in the back of your Foundation workbook somewhere... I'm DEFINITELY carrying on - I'm only half way there - another three stone to go. Yikes!

Guy - have you had your double whammy weigh in yet? How did you get on? It's great reaching a stone you've not seen in a while isn't it?? You'll be in the fifteens in no time :D

If I've missed anyone, big sorries... hard to remember who's posted what!

All in all, i'm feeling ok - I lost 2lbs last week, which wasn't too bad because I had had 6lb and 5lb weeks previously... hoping to get the numbers up a bit this week, but I am starting at the gym on Wednesday and have heard that working out can slow weight loss because you body stores more/builds muscle etc... is that an old wives tale??!

Any hoo... it is DAMN cold in my office today, and the thought of shovelling down water is not sitting well with me. Going to head up to the tea shop in a bit and invest in a selection of weird and wonderful teas in an attempt to mask the water intake - I've never been good at 'tea' but I'm running out of options!! :(

Hope your weeks are all going good - will check back in again soon x x x

Hellooo!

Milk week is week 13, you're only meant to do 12 weeks on a VLCD, so you introduce milk on week 13 to make it a LCD for a week.

Apparently I will be on RTM by Christmas (I'm not sure where the decision was made but thats what my LLC says!!!). If I lose another stone in this month then I still want to lose an additional stone after that. I'm not sure if it's possible to lose a stone in RTM.....I'm a bit confused about all of this at the moment. It all seems to be ifs and buts. :confused:

Anyway - where the bloody hell is everyone??!! I'm starting to get a complex about this August thread.......

Someone talk to me...I'm lonely goddamit!

xx

Helllooooo all! :wavey:

Anna - Nice to hear from u, was wondering where u had disappeared off to lol!! Well done on the loss, 2lbs off is 2lbs off!!

Polly - How can your LLC decide when u will go into RTM?! It's your decision!! I know some people go into RTM when they still have some weight to lose and manage to lose it even on food.. but our LLC recommended getting to your target weight in abstinence or even a little below it, then going back into food so you won't be so worried if you put on a few lbs or sts which happens to loads of ppl. I think coz everyone's triggers are different and also everyone's body reacts differently to food, some ppl find it easy to lose weight in rtm whereas others don't!!

As for milk week, our llc told us firstly that we didnt have to do it if we didn't want to which obviously isn't the official ll stance on it but her take on it coz again some ppl sts or even gain on milk week... but also, she said that milk week only applied if you had been 100% abstinent through the 12 preceding weeks! So if you have lapsed even a tiny bit, milk week is irrelevant!

On Sunday, I was in a development group rather than our lovely foundation group... Only 5 people from our foundation grp of 11(!) turned up so bit sad at that and have since heard via f'book from one of the ladies that she is not sure whether she is coming back as she has been lapsing... it's so scary how close you become with your foundation group, they're like my extended family!! and will be really sorry to see any of them go :(

As for other people in developers, there were only 2 other ladies there, who have both been doing LL for over a year, both did really well in foundation (which they finished in August 07!!)but then kinda lost the plot and have been lapsing almost every week resulting in hovering at the same weight ever since - i think hearing this really hit home and has made me soo determined to really DO THIS.

No disrespect to them or anything but I do NOT want to be sitting in a developers group in a yrs time at the same weight that I am now, no siree!! And think of all the money!!!

Didn't really understand where all the other ppl were either, LLC said that she had loads of ppl on her books but sometimes some of them don't turn up for a couple of weeks... don't get what they then do for foodpacks?? Unless they aren't turning up coz they haven't been abstaining... anyway luvvies think I've rambled on enough, hope u r all having a terrific tuesday lol x x x

Hi August starters,

Polly, I hope to go into RTM soon. I'm not sure this is the right thing to do because my problem has always been losing the weight in the first place and having read a lot about it on this site I'm pondering whether to do this on my own. I think I'll give it a go.

I haven't done the milk week this week but can't honestly say I haven't lapsed at all.

Well done to Anna and Sweetey on your weight losses.

Jash:innocent0002:

hi all
anna 13lbs in 3 weeks thats pretty bloody great isn't it?
i'm in week 13 now and my llc told me not to bother with milk week, but since sunday i've been feeling really light headed.
as i'm switching to cd tom they have 2 vlcd ss (abstinence 415 cals perday) and ss+ which is 3 packs some milk and a 200 cal protein/veg meal.
i've had a some milk and a small meal yesterday and today and feeling much better for it.
i'll hopefully go back to ss after a week but its only 3 packs.
so just wanted to say listen to your bodies....
well done everyone will weigh in tom and update.
babs
xx

Hi Guys,

Sweety - I have no idea why my LLC thinks I'll be in RTM, we haven't discussed my target weight or BMI....but at the end of the 14 weeks I will still have about a stone and a half that I want to lose. I think it's pretty pointless to do 14 weeks and then not hit your target.

Jash, just you be careful if you go it alone! I must admit that the maintaining is the part that scares me the most. Hopefully when I make the decision to do RTM (or anything similar) then I will have the good habits ingrained into my brain!!

<sigh>
I'm in turmoil over all this at the minute. I wonder if it would be worth doing the 14 weeks and then switching to slimming world to lose the remaining weight...or would that be a dangerous thing to do??

Arrrrggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Hi everyone -

Yes Babs, I am thrilled with 13lbs in 3 weeks :) Brilliant! It is so strange that it isn't slowing down - I keep expecting to hit a plateau!

Polly - sounds like you've got a lot going on in your noggin - have you had a candid discussion with your LLC? Essentially - they can't stop you doing abstinance unless your BMI falls below 22. As far as I understand it, this is the only point (and worries for your health/wellbeing) that they would take you off the programme. Now I know RTM is still the programme - but a LLC can't dictate to you how much you should lose. I don't know what would happen if you switched to Slimming World - I have always liked the idea of it, but the principles are so different to LL that you may have a bit of an upset. Low GI is the way forward, and is essentially the way we will be taught to eat going forward - but it can work well for weightloss as well as maintaining. Personally - if my LLC was being a total tool i'd probably move over to CD - at least it is the same principle, and you have the choice of adding meals etc....

Sweety - I know - I'm awful, must do better! ;) I like the sound of your LLC. I'm dreading leaving my Foundation group - luckily I think most of us are carrying on, so hopefully will end up in the same Developers session. Are the Developers sessions the same as when you are in Foundation, or are they less/more indepth?

Jash - good luck with whatever you choose to do. Please be careful - the success rate of people leaving LL without doing the formal RTM programme is pretty low, compared to 80-90% that do, that have... for the sake of three more months of the programme it may be worth considering. You also hear of people (like Blonde Logic/Laststraw etc) that were reeeeallly motivated that end up having a wobble - even the most die hard Lighter lifers find it tough, so just think it through. Either way, I wish you all the best and please keep checking in :)

Righty then - I'm going to make a concerted effort to pop some more onto my blog today - keep getting my wrists slapped!! haha

Enjoy your days xxx

Are the Developers sessions the same as when you are in Foundation, or are they less/more indepth?

Developers are less in depth if anything, and shorter too, only an hour long as there is no dvd to watch (and did u know LL are doing away with the DVDs altogether following client feedback!!) so u dont get that time of chatting to your fellow 'groupees' while the DVD is on (lol), it's just the LLC counselling. Our group is the last one on a Sunday so I think the LLC is understandably, in a bit of a rush to get the group finished on time.. whereas our foundation group often used to go over, was v.relaxed!!

You're nearly there yourself, hope ur group works out ok... will your wi day change much? Btw, just saw your before and after pic in your album - cannot believe the diff in 12/13 weeks!!! You are one gorgeous gal!! :D

jash why dont you try cd, if your not happy. they have loads of plans and you can work your way up to a normal calorie intake.
lots of shakes and soups to choose from plus bars and even porridge.. and its half the price.
please be carefull you've done so well.

good luck.
babsx

Awww thanks Sweety - and that 'after' pic was taken about week 9 I think... I have lost another stone since then :D:D:D:D:D!! It is pretty cool when you start seeing differences isn't it!!?

In a way I am glad the meetings are shorter in Developers, although will miss talking to the girls in my group - I often swtich off after that much listening anyway... no idea when the new WI will be - at the moment I'm a Sunday nighter, so would be good if that changed - i'd like to not do a weekend one anymore ideally.

xxx

Good grief Anna, you don't look like the same person in your pics! You had a very pretty face to start with...but you are beautiful now :D

Well done, you look fabulous ;)

xx

Morning all. Well done to everyone on their losses so far. Had my week 11 weigh in last night after another 2 week stint and lost another 10lbs. Takes me to a total loss of 67lbs or 4 stone 11lbs.

Should hit 5 stone next week!

Thank you Polly!!

Guy - wow - five stone by next weigh in is just incredible!! I AM SO JEALOUS! But then again, I prefer being a woman so it's just one of those things I have to put up with I suppose... slower weight loss, but a FAR better selection of shoes to choose from :p hahahaha!

Hope you are all having a great day x

OMG Anna have you seen the latest comment on your blog from LL Head Office?! Have a look - quick... very exciting... x x x

Back