August Starters **May contain food talk**

Hi Jash,

Your nearest one will probably be the one I go to ;)

They have a circuit of equipment, 10 items and you spend 3 minutes on each. It doesn't seem much but it's 30 minutes well spent.
They have machines which work specific parts of your body and they will go through each machine with you to get the best out of it.

Have a look on their website, it might give you an idea of what happens. You can call them and have an introductory session where they show you around and explain everything. They're all nice girls there and it's a very relaxed environment.

I will bear the Lloyds chemist suggestion in mind if they will accept that. Will save going to the quacks anyway!

Nice to see you're still here and doing well anyway :D

xx

I'm not sure about the 28 day check up thing. I'm in week 4 now and to be honest I hate going to the doctors when I'm ill...let alone when I'm not and just want him to sign something! I would ask your LLC and see what she says ;)

The crisps are GREAT! I like to do them for a change - the only issue I have is getting them off the sodding paper when they're cooked. A lot of the time i end up eating the paper as well!! :D

Hope everyone is well and happy :cool:

xx

Hello girls!

Polly, what kind of paper r u making the crisps on? One of the girls in my class said she makes them on baking paper / parchment and once they've cooled they peel off really easily - in fact she even made some and brought them to class so the rest of us could try them!! ( I obv couldnt coz I was fasting - typical!)
When I made them I used one of those teflon baking sheets that u can use to line your baking trays so they don't get food burnt on to them, and the crisps peeled off really well and were yummy!! :drool:

As for the 28 day check up, I'm like you I hate going to the Doc's, was bad enough going to get the initial medical form signed!! So anyway, I was walking past a Britannia pharmacy yesterday and I remembered that one of the girls in my group saying that she got her BP etc checked at one of the machines at Lloyds so I went in and they had one of those machines too :scale:, £2 to check your weight, height, BMI, body fat percentage, BP and pulse rate... so did so and will show the slip to my LLC on Sunday!! From what I remember she was fine with accepting the slips if you're not on any medication, which I'm not!!

Good luck girlies!! :grouphugg:

Hi Sweety,

I use greaseproof paper, which is what I thought I should be using. I thought parchment and grwaseproof were the same thing? It drives me crackers when they stick. They just won't come off without taking paper with them!

If anyone has any tips on using something different then I'm more than happy to try it!

xx

Hi everyone,

I only lost 2 llbs in week 5 so was a bit down.

I made the crisps today and they turned out quite well and it does make a change to have something to crunch on. Might try some of the other recipes. Whats every one else tried?

Hello Ladies, I started the lighter life diet on 9th September, had my first weigh in on Mon 15th and had lost 9lbs! Was so chuffed that the hard work had paid off. Am determined to lose at least 5 stone and will stick with it, but is anyone else dreaming of food constantly?!
I keep dreaming that I am cheating and wake up feeling really angry with myself, after a few seconds I realise its been another dream! Its driving me mad!!!

weight.png

week one : 9lbs :D

Last edited:
Oh yesssss. It's very common to dream about cheating, so don't worry about it!

9lb is a fabulous 1st week loss - well done! :D Stick with it and that 5 stone will soon be a distant memory :cool:

Jash - don't you be disheartened girl - a loss is better than a gain :D

Hope everyone is well - the weekend is here! Woop!

xx

Well done Guy - it's coming off with lightning speed now! :D

xx

Yes - those food dreams are quite common - I've never had one (thank god!), but I read a thread on here someone once about them... and they do go away after a while, so don't worry! At least you get to 'enjoy food' subconsciously, without the calories!! Hehe.

Guy.... YOU ARE DOING SO SO WELL!! Congratulations and keep it up!

Polly - 6lbs off in week three - that is excellent!! I lost 3lbs in week 2 and week 3... I am hoping for better this week but my water intake has been down - so I am going to start afresh next week, start working out at Curves (have been a member since Feb, and haven't been since March!! Hehe) and drinking for England!!

To all you other August starters - how are you all doing? Don't be shy! ;o)

Anna x

Hello everyone!!!

Just had my week 5 weigh in this morning, lost another 5lbs!! Am sooo pleased!! Good luck with your weigh ins all!! xxx

Well done to everybody on their continued success. Life has been really busy so I haven't been around as much as I would have liked. However, I have stuck with it and lost a further ten pounds since I last posted. (3lbs in week three and 7lbs in week four)

I seemed to have solved my water problems. Consuming the amount of water I need only seems to be a problem when I'm at home a lot and keep forgetting to drink.

Onwards to week five for me and hopefully more of those pesky pounds disappearing. :)

Hi everyone - and welcome back Nnif! I just had to post because YEYYYYY!!!! I lost 6 POUNDS at my weigh in tonight!!! I was really worried because I haven't been drinking my water (only 2 glasses a day on the whole!!) and have had my period... but WOOOOOHOOOOOO! I actually yelped for joy when she told me. So so so excited! :eek:D IT'S HAPPENING!!! Only 1.2 left on my BMI before I am no longer 'obese'!!

Hope you all had a good weekend! xx

Hey everyone,

Nnif - welcome back and well done!!!! 7lbs in week 4 - wow brilliant!!!

Anna - well done!! It was worth those 3lb weeks to lose 6lbs this week eh!!

It's such an inspiration to read everyone's weight losses!! I love this website lol!!

Have a brill week everyone!! :)

Well done everyone! You are doing great :D

I have my weigh in tomorrow, I'm expecting a smaller loss because I had such a good loss last week. I think we will get into a pattern of loss....just don't know what mine will be yet!

Very well done Anna - I bet you are delighted with 6lbs after the last couple of weeks!
Also well done Sweety - no need to worry afterall!!
Nice to see you again Nnif :D

Where are you Jash? How are you getting on?

My fellow Stokie! 9lbs is AMAZIN' :D

We are all going to be sooooo slim!! :cool:

xx

Hellllllllllooooooooooo Ladies!

Hope you are all well, got my second weigh in tonight and am very nervous/excited! Been trying on loads of my old clothes today and some have felt a little looser than cutting off my circulation so something must be working!! Hope you all have a positive week and will report bk with my weight loss! Good Luck Lovelys,

Laura

xxxx

P.S - Last night I didnt dream about food!! yay!!!! x

Another 5lbs gone :D

More happy with my first measuring....5 inches off my hips!!!

So - I am happy for another week, at least!

xx

Hope you are all having a fab week, I lost 5lbs last week, so thats a stone in total in 2 weeks. They have probably been the worst 2 weeks of my life so am glad that the perseverence has paid off!! Defo going to continue with this diet. :D

Hope you have all had a rewarding loss :party0011:

Laura

Well done Laura - that's amazing in 2 weeks! :jelous: Makes me a little bit envious!

We all lose at different rates, so it's a case of taking our bag and dealing with it. I'm still really happy with a stone and a half in a month - it's more than I expected and well on target to drop half of my lard before Christmas!

Hows everyone else doing? It's gone a little quiet on this thread lately....

xx

Hi everyone -

It has indeed gone quite quiet on this thread! Come on people - get posting! Hehe.

I'm doing well - starting to feel the difference, although I have had a bit of a spot breakout which is most unfortunate... it was my TOTM last week, so I am hoping it's just an after thought from that!

Also found things on the 'loo' front have got a bit more, ummmm, exciting? Starting to go more regularly after no mans land for a while, and it's all a bit 'fluid' - not sure if that is normal or not... sorry for all the information!!!!! :p

Looking forward to my weigh in on Sunday - last week was incredible - lost 6lbs in week 4, but I'd be happy with a 3lb loss - just hope I have managed it! I'm still terrible with my water intake - boooo.

Picking up my new car this afternoon, so very very excited about that! I probably shouldn't have bought it, but hey - I'm being so good in every other area of my life, lol.

Hope everyone's week is going well! Stay in touch!

Anna x

(PS I am stupidly wearing a corset to work under my dress today... it is amazing, but BOY - it's pretty hardcore and I am feeling sorry for all those victorian women already!! Gulp - breeeeathe, lol)

Back