August Starters **May contain food talk**

August Starters List

Just seen this on the Sept Starters thread, and thought we should do the same.... so.... just copy and paste into a quick reply... and add your's:
<name> - <county> - <current week> - <amount to lose> - <loss so far>

I'll go first! xx

August Starters List
annaphylactic - warwickshire - week 5 - 6 stone - 18lbs gone!

August Starters List
annaphylactic - warwickshire - week 5 - 6 stone - 18lbs
Polly740 - Staffordshire - Week 5 - 5/6 Stone - 21lbs

Had my week 4 weigh in last night and lost 8lbs! Very surprised. I thought I'd only done half that...

August Starters List
annaphylactic - warwickshire - week 5 - 6 stone - 18lbs lost

Polly740 - Staffordshire - Week 5 - 5/6 Stone - 21lbs lost
Guy - Essex - Week 5 - 6/7 stone - 31lbs lost

Thats brilliant Guy, well done. These bloomin men are whipping us girls! :D

August Starters List

HI everyone,

Just had my end of 6 week weigh in and lost 4 pounds so I'm very pleased. Well done to everyone;)

August Starters List

Jash- Staffordshire week 7 - 4 stone - 26 llbs lost

Hello all,

Wow you're all doing sooo well!! I'm really starting to feel a difference in my clothes now, so much so that last Saturday at work I had my massive bunch of work keys clipped onto the belt loop of my trousers and where they were weighing the trs down, my trs were almost falling off!! Had to keep hitching them up!! Now that wouldn't have been a pretty sight, the Manageress with her trousers round her ankles in the banking lobby.... would've given the customers something to laugh about tho!!

August Starters List

Jash- Staffordshire week 7 - 4 stone - 26 llbs lost
SweetySuperstar - Essex - Week 6 - 8.5 stone - 24lbs lost

Hey Guy, just noticed that you are a fellow Essex inhabitant!! Whereabouts in Essex are you? Which LL group do you go to?

Anna,

just had to say you look soooo sooo pwetty in your profile pic or avatar or whatever it's called!! You do not look like you need to lose weight!! xx

Awwww, thanks SS... I think people think that because I am fortunate with my proportions... but the fact of the matter is I was over 16 stone (about 15.5 in this pic I think) and couldn't wear anything in less than a 20/22 (i.e. big shops only!), and was just miserable - let alone really unhealthy and putting myself at risk. I couldn't do anything without being out of puff... still not great, but getting better each day!

Your description of your trousers made me laugh out loud - I had a pair of baggy jeans on last weekend and decided to scrub my front steps... so there I was, bending over, marigolds on and a bucket of water and bleach and my jeans started to slip... I didn't want to pull them up because I had bleach on my hands, so I ended up doing a very odd reverse-shimmy... hehe... didn't go well and I ended up with my jeans around my ankles... luckily no one saw - apart from practically ALL the neighbours kids who were trampolining in the garden next door. Grrrr... hehe. They always snigger when I see them now... swines!

A x

I'm really surprised that I lost 7.5lbs this week. Not that I cheated but I have had a nasty cold since Thursday and struggled to drink water. *shrugs* Oh well, I'm over the moon with the amount. Still making steps in the right direction.

Wow Nnif! That is amazing!!! Well done!! I've just had my week 5 weigh in and only lost 3... but I'm happy with that... I know of women that only lose 2 per week and that would really hurt. I must up my water this week though - my pee stick was reeeeally dark. Doh!!

How are the rest of you getting on?

xx

Well done Anna. I see you're on to your 5th goal already! :) I have my week 5 weigh in on Wednesday. Hoping to lose 11lbs over the next 2 weeks so I can hit 3 stone on week 6. Nothing like shooting for the stars lol! I;m desperate for my ticker to say more on 'lost' than 'to go'....

Sweety, I go the the Leigh on Sea LLC. :)

Hello peeps,

I had my week 6 WI on Sunday... only lost the dreaded 1lb :( But then I did come on my totm literally the night before WI so I think that's got something to do with it. Am hoping for a better loss this week!! Good luck all!!

Guy, oh you're miles away in proper proper Essex then lol. I am in Ilford. :)

Hi Guys n' Dolls.....

Well done Anna, certainly getting there now and your pic looks lovely!
Great loss Nnif, I bet you are really happy with that!
Sweety, don't worry about the 1lb loss. A loss is better than a gain and your body will catch up with the losses :D
Nice to see you Jash - another good loss, well done!

I have my weigh in today (at 1pm) but the TOTM keeps popping in and out (for the first time in years!) so I'm not sure how thats going to affect me. Fingers crossed.

It's funny to think that I'm starting week 6 tomorrow....it doesn't seem that long since I started! Nearly half way through now and looking forward to the next 9 weeks of dropping the weight ;)

Hope you are all well. I will update later.....

xx

Another 3lbs lost this week. It's getting there.......

xx

Polly and Guy - well done.. great losses!! You're flying towards your targets!!

Knock knock? Anyone there? No posts for three days - AHEM - oi! You lot! I want to know how you are all getting on!!!

For the record, I've just got back from my week 6 weigh in and I only lost 2lbs last week so feeling a bit ****. Booooo.

On the up side, I have now bust my 10% of my body weight goal, and I feel better in my clothes - it's just that damn number... grrrr... lol.

One thing I have been bad with - and I know it is bad - is getting all my packs in. for the last few days I've managed a max of 3... and on Friday I only had 2!! :eek: I really must get on top of this... do you think this could be why the loss has been so small? I have upped my water again this week, so was expecting more... has anyone else had little losses when they've missed packs???

Was quite an emotional one for me tonight. I lost my step-dad to Motor Neurone Disease a few years ago and my dad on Boxing Day last year; and during 'crooked thinking' we were talking about how, for example, someone dying would be a bad thing... and not just the fact we forgot to brush our hair... of course, the second the 'someone dying' was brought up my eyes started to go, and within a few minutes of talking about how crap it is to lose someone, I was off - armed with tissues I had to leave the room.

I knew this kind of thing would happen, and I had it before when we talked about ego states and critical parent, because - bless him - my dad was one of the most critical ever of my weight, eating etc... never happy. Hey ho... another hurdle leapt - it was tough, but I'm through it.

Righty-o you lot, I've got loads of tidying up to do before bath and bed, so I'm going to shoot.

Please keep posting my fellow Augusters... :eek:)

Speak to you all soon! xxx

Get those bloody packs in Anna!
You must have all 4 - it's the rules and probably why your loss hasn't been as high as previous weeks. Have 2 at a time if it helps.

I sympathise with the losses you have had. My Dad is also my biggest critic and even though he has said some quite hurtful things in the past, I know it's only because he wants what is best for me. And I love him for it. I would be lost without him, so I really do feel for you.

Please try to get back on track with your packs. Have a talk with your LLC if you need to.

Let us know how you're getting on.

xx

Back