B210K

Hello all, some familiar faces here. I've been doing C25K, but my timings are way out. I think when I get to 30 mins though I'd like to try the B210K.

I notice a couple of people asked about the programme and I found a good synopsis here. Also I believe it is available on Android.

The Bridge to 10k (B210k) is specifically designed for Couch to 5K graduates. Pick up where C25K leaves off and get to the 10K distance in just 6 weeks.

Each workout session is from 53 to 70 minutes long.

Week 1: 5 minute warmup Run 10 min/walk 1 min (Repeat 4x) 5 minute cooldown

Week 2: 5 minute warmup Run 15 min/walk 1 min (Repeat 3x) 5 minute cooldown

Week 3: 5 minute warmup Run 17 min/walk 1 min (Repeat 3x) 5 minute cooldown

Week 4: 5 minute warmup Run 18 min/walk 1 min (Repeat 3x) 5 minute cooldown

Week 5 Day 1: 5 minute warmup Run 22 min/walk 1 min (Repeat 2x) 5 minute cooldown

Week 5 Day 2: 5 minute warmup Run 25 min/walk 1 min (Repeat 2x) 5 minute cooldown

Week 5 Day 3: 5 minute warmup Run 30 min/walk 1 min (Repeat 2x) 5 minute cooldown

Week 6: 5 minute warmup Run 60 minutes 5 minute cooldown

Yes I have done my first run!! I struggled a little with the last 5 mins, my legs were really aching!! I feel so much better for doing it.
I think it was the length of the workout that was putting me off Just Jools, don't worry it wasn't your comments. :)

Haha!! Well done. Glad it wasn't just me that struggled on that first run (or that was putting you off). It gets easier, stick at it. x :D

Week 1, day 2 completed. It was much easier today thankfully. I am in two minds whether to do a 5k run to increase my speed at the w/e, or to do week day 3 of B210k.......mmmmnn decisions, decisions!

Told you it got easier!! ;)

So have you decided about the weekend yet? x :)

Hello all, some familiar faces here. I've been doing C25K, but my timings are way out. I think when I get to 30 mins though I'd like to try the B210K.

I notice a couple of people asked about the programme and I found a good synopsis here. Also I believe it is available on Android.

The Bridge to 10k (B210k) is specifically designed for Couch to 5K graduates. Pick up where C25K leaves off and get to the 10K distance in just 6 weeks.

Each workout session is from 53 to 70 minutes long.

Week 1: 5 minute warmup Run 10 min/walk 1 min (Repeat 4x) 5 minute cooldown

Week 2: 5 minute warmup Run 15 min/walk 1 min (Repeat 3x) 5 minute cooldown

Week 3: 5 minute warmup Run 17 min/walk 1 min (Repeat 3x) 5 minute cooldown

Week 4: 5 minute warmup Run 18 min/walk 1 min (Repeat 3x) 5 minute cooldown

Week 5 Day 1: 5 minute warmup Run 22 min/walk 1 min (Repeat 2x) 5 minute cooldown

Week 5 Day 2: 5 minute warmup Run 25 min/walk 1 min (Repeat 2x) 5 minute cooldown

Week 5 Day 3: 5 minute warmup Run 30 min/walk 1 min (Repeat 2x) 5 minute cooldown

Week 6: 5 minute warmup Run 60 minutes 5 minute cooldown

Thanks for posting this. Not sure why I didn't do that!! :rolleyes:

What time you running 5k in at the moment? x :)

Morning all, hope you're all well.

W3D1 - done! :checkmark green: W3D2 - done! :checkmark green:

Off out to do W3D3 tonight. Still loving it. What else can I say?! lol

Have a great day all. x :)

36 mins! Though I did do it in 33 when running at work the other week. I'll persist and it'll get better, then I'll move on to this programme.

That's not that bad. You'll knock a few minutes off that in no time. x :D

I'm on week 4 of C25k, I'm really glad there is something after week 9. :D Looking forward to catching up with you guys.

I'm on week 4 of C25k, I'm really glad there is something after week 9. :D Looking forward to catching up with you guys.

Welcome to the gang! :D

How you getting on with C25K? x

Your doing great Just Jools!!!!
It will depend on how many glasses of wine I have 2moro whether it's a fast 5k run or a slow B210k, Lol x

Well done Raspberry. It's amazing how the C25K program works. You'll be joining us real soon :)

Your doing great Just Jools!!!!
It will depend on how many glasses of wine I have 2moro whether it's a fast 5k run or a slow B210k, Lol x

:8855::8855: Will look forward to seeing how it turns out Saturday then!!

Just got back from W3D3. Not a great pace tonight as I seemed to get held up at every single road I had to cross & it was a bit warmer than I'd anticipated!! :rolleyes:

Won't let it get me down, looking forward to W4! x :D

:D it's been ok actually. I'll be finishing my last week 4 run on Sunday , giving myself a longer break because I was really feeling it on the last few minutes. I'm impressed how simple it's been getting to this point - still can't say I love running but I certainly don't loath my time with Laura and that's good. :)

:8855::8855: Will look forward to seeing how it turns out Saturday then!!

Just got back from W3D3. Not a great pace tonight as I seemed to get held up at every single road I had to cross & it was a bit warmer than I'd anticipated!! :rolleyes:

Won't let it get me down, looking forward to W4! x :D

I put off last nights run because it was soo warm here. Looking forward to going this evening though & might try to squeeze another one in tomorrow morning too so that will be week 7 completed :D

I put off last nights run because it was soo warm here. Looking forward to going this evening though & might try to squeeze another one in tomorrow morning too so that will be week 7 completed :D

Your doing great Sweet!! Not long left now! :)

I know. I cant believe I made it as far. I thought I was going to die after week 1!!!!! :eek:

Probably wise. It was a lot warmer than I expected once I was out!

You're doing great. x :)

I completed week 1 of B210k today. Felt good!

Well done Biggysmalls!!! How did u find it?

Well I've bitten the bullet and started B210k!:cool: On the treadie - super slow (my excuse being that I had a headache and the gym was like a sauna!) and did 6.55k in 43.33 mins which is about 10.5 minute miles I think. But check my weight thingie - my BMI has finally gone into normal range!:bliss:I think it might have been the long run I did with the running club on Thurs, cos my diet has been crap!

Anyhow - glad to be finally with you girls - I will also try and bring my 5k down by doing a short, fast run every now and then (can't believe I'm calling a 5k a short, fast run!) and will work v. slowly towards the 10k goal. Now I need to find a race to aim for - I'm thinking some time in September.

Sunshine runner said:
Well I've bitten the bullet and started B210k!:cool: On the treadie - super slow (my excuse being that I had a headache and the gym was like a sauna!) and did 6.55k in 43.33 mins which is about 10.5 minute miles I think. But check my weight thingie - my BMI has finally gone into normal range!:bliss:I think it might have been the long run I did with the running club on Thurs, cos my diet has been crap!

Anyhow - glad to be finally with you girls - I will also try and bring my 5k down by doing a short, fast run every now and then (can't believe I'm calling a 5k a short, fast run!) and will work v. slowly towards the 10k goal. Now I need to find a race to aim for - I'm thinking some time in September.

I can't believe you're calling 5k a short run either! I'm on week 4 of C25K and keeping running for 5mins is still a novelty. I will persevere and maybe join your elite group in a few months. Lol!

Well done Sunshine!!!

Fiona, I'm sure we'll see you on here very soon :)

Well I did week 1, day 3. Boy it is not easy!! I struggled again, I think it's to do with running, then walking, then running again. If I ran for 40 mins straight I would probably cope much better! Well I would like to think so :)

Back