Back on the road to the magic slimdom - Roosters Road trip

Last post is most unlike you.How are you now? Coming down with something? ??pregnant?? maybe you've been overdoing it. It's got colder again & that doesn't help with energy.
Anything I can do old friend?

Last post is most unlike you.How are you now? Coming down with something? ??pregnant?? maybe you've been overdoing it. It's got colder again & that doesn't help with energy.
Anything I can do old friend?

Just the same, totally wiped out! oh just got home and took Evie off me so I can relax :) ( I even threw the domestic goddess thing right out the window and took her for her tea at Asda cafe ((just earl gray for me)) I must confess I did think *pregnant*, I am a few days late but 2 tests confirm not ( :( ) :)cry: ). So I guess it's just a cold coming on perhaps.

thankyou for your kind concern dear Jane, I'm sure I'll be back to the old Roosters by morning!

early night then. I'm in mattress already. I know why i'm tired but don't tell H. Up til 2am on the site(god i'm getting obsessed) reading some seriouly interesting diaries etc. Still i should be able to settle down & just get on for an hour or so in the evenings when I've caught up on the background reading.

early night then. I'm in mattress already. I know why i'm tired but don't tell H. Up til 2am on the site(god i'm getting obsessed) reading some seriouly interesting diaries etc. Still i should be able to settle down & just get on for an hour or so in the evenings when I've caught up on the background reading.

'In mattress' ahh - you make me laugh!! :) sounds wonderful, curled up in mattress reading every ones wonderful diaries! I trust you have a laptop then?? I'm stuck in the corner of my lounge on an old fashioned stool - needless to say my bum gets sorer by the day the amount of time I'm sitting here typing my food demons away!

Well Day 17 and I'm running at about 75% which is a huge improvement from yesterday, I'm sure that yesterday my body was using all my cals fighting off a cold, hence the tiredness - it's done a marvelous job though! :)

I'm at a loss as what to write today, the diet is getting intrinsic so unless I want to have weeks and months worth of 'diet going well, tempted by bacon sandwich but resisted' worth of diary pages. I'm going to have try to figure out why I eat so much!

Just had phone call from OH who has just put petrol in his deisel van :mad: . Oh well, must see if he needs rescuing.

bye for now

Men eh!!!

Yup men, particularly the ones that don't 'do' valentines day!! grr

Well.. after my flippant remark about the diet becoming intrinsic.. I admit I'm a fool.. I was wrong, more wrong than I could've possible realised!! I hadn't tried SS'ing whilst TOTMing!! Oh my dear lord - the urge to eat is overwhelming!! just let me chew until this red hot poker stops dancing around in my tummmmyyyy !! (sorry for the armature dramatics)

so def not P then? How are you coping with the carb/food cravings? If it's too unbearable I'm sure there are a couple of pragmatic options. eg have an extra shake, or do a green & white meal a la AAM week. Even chewing on raw veg cauliflower,cabbage etc. Would any of that help? None of them would take you out of ketosis,or if they did it would be ever so marginal.
hope tummy better soon.
PS I'm properly a-bed now.Nice 'local furniture shop' sent out a van & 2 men to deliver & erect EMERGENCY BED. Iwouldn't say it's my taste but it does the job.actually it's so high I'm feeling like a queen propped up here.

so def not P then? How are you coping with the carb/food cravings? If it's too unbearable I'm sure there are a couple of pragmatic options. eg have an extra shake, or do a green & white meal a la AAM week. Even chewing on raw veg cauliflower,cabbage etc. Would any of that help? None of them would take you out of ketosis,or if they did it would be ever so marginal.
hope tummy better soon.
PS I'm properly a-bed now.Nice 'local furniture shop' sent out a van & 2 men to deliver & erect EMERGENCY BED. Iwouldn't say it's my taste but it does the job.actually it's so high I'm feeling like a queen propped up here.

I think I'm over the worst of it now! :) I managed to resist the urge to chew, unfortuantly I couldn't face the thought of drinking (soup/shake)wise so I only managed 1 1/2 packs yesterday! :eek:. And sadly not p, it's for the best really because now I'm on the CD journey I don't realy want to get off. (We've been trying for number 2 for a while now so it's ingrained into me to be disapointed when TOTM arrives, I think that prompted the food urge too) ((note to self, dissapointment can = binge) (( thankfully not on this occasion)

Thank goodness your bed saga is working itself out! Good old furniture shop!! don't forget to tell them what I said about turning the bed down for you each night.. its' only what a queen deserves!

Yup men, particularly the ones that don't 'do' valentines day!! grr

Well.. after my flippant remark about the diet becoming intrinsic.. I admit I'm a fool.. I was wrong, more wrong than I could've possible realised!! I hadn't tried SS'ing whilst TOTMing!! Oh my dear lord - the urge to eat is overwhelming!! just let me chew until this red hot poker stops dancing around in my tummmmyyyy !! (sorry for the armature dramatics)

Umm it's not just men. Got back from park y'day. H home & bunch of flrs on kitchen table. OMG i say I've bought you cards,both from me & the girls chose one each too,but i fogot to get them out & written. No probs he said straight away. Put them away til next year-that'll save some money.
Lets have an eco-valentines? so we did.
Have you forgive OH for his memory lapse yet/

I think I'm over the worst of it now! :) I managed to resist the urge to chew, unfortuantly I couldn't face the thought of drinking (soup/shake)wise so I only managed 1 1/2 packs yesterday! :eek:. And sadly not p, it's for the best really because now I'm on the CD journey I don't realy want to get off. (We've been trying for number 2 for a while now so it's ingrained into me to be disapointed when TOTM arrives, I think that prompted the food urge too) ((note to self, dissapointment can = binge) (( thankfully not on this occasion)
Horns of a dilemma -or 'rock & a hard place.' I really feel for you in this respect. I had great difficulty conceiving youngst. I was wel lover 40 & system was starting tofail. The conundrum is : Do I lose weight beause statistically it should improve my fertility (+ I hate being a blob) or do I sit it out because at my age (but much less so at yours) weight loss can suppress ovulation.
Have you been tryng for long? I bet you'll do the weight loss by the summer , then conception will just happen.
Thank goodness your bed saga is working itself out! Good old furniture shop!! don't forget to tell them what I said about turning the bed down for you each night.. its' only what a queen deserves!
Not sure. One of the chaps had a builders bottom & the other looked like a jockey & wore a polyester suit. Call me fussy but i'd rather have a sticky kiss from a yoghurty child anyday .

How are the cravings & cramps today. Big slap on back for not going under. Perhaps OH could get you a reward for fortitude ?

:)
Horns of a dilemma -or 'rock & a hard place.' I really feel for you in this respect. I had great difficulty conceiving youngst. I was wel lover 40 & system was starting tofail. The conundrum is : Do I lose weight beause statistically it should improve my fertility (+ I hate being a blob) or do I sit it out because at my age (but much less so at yours) weight loss can suppress ovulation.
Have you been tryng for long? I bet you'll do the weight loss by the summer , then conception will just happen.

I know what you mean, I've been trying to decide if we should just go for it no matter what weight I am and then concentrate on losing weight after baby is born, however, the thought that a may pile on another 4 stone on top of what I already am isn' a jolly one so I think the best course of action is to lose the weight first (and obviously try not to pile it on again if/when I get pregnant again). As for how long have we been trying for, the sweat hadn't dried on my forhead in the delivery room before I decided I wanted more more MORE. :eek: :D

I never thought at the age of 24 I would start building my own family, I wasn't sure if it was something that I wanted but as soon as Evie (or Dot as we called her then) started kicking it all fell into place (this is turning into a bit of a diary entry rather than a quick answer to your question). My Mum isn't particularly 'Motherly' she never has been and I have a theory about this, My Nana was THE most Motherly person I have ever know, I don't think it's as simple as the gene that makes us like this skips a generation (although in a way that makes sense) but she (my Nana) had to look after her sisters and brothers from an early age (I'm not sure why, My Nana died 10 years ago this May and the stories she told me, sadly are becoming slightly sketchy), and this is who she was, So when my Mum and Uncle were born she did absolutely everything for them, even more so because when they reached there teens they both became very ill, my Uncle with Diabetes and my Mum with crippling Arthritis. (I've just read through this and maybe every mother does everything for their child and just my experience is slightly different) anyway - So My Mum understandably much of the time when I was growing up needed a lot of things doing for her, whilst my bro and I were young, the job fell to my Dad (who incidently is a very out going, jovial sporty person) and once my Dad left to work away during the weeks it was up to me to cook, clean, care for my Mum and bro. To a certain extent I'm wondering if this contributed to my food problems, there's not many 11 year olds who can choose there own food each night, and like most 11 year olds my choices rarely involved Veg. (I've got a severe case of the typles, which is my new pc speak for the verbals)

anyway, at 13 my Dad got made redundant so off we all came up here to York from where my brother and I grw up in Bedford. a very difficult time for me, I never did settle into a new school and more or less left education at the age of 15. (huge disapointment to parents as I had excelled throughout my early years.) I did get an A* in eating though!! WOoo.

Things then got from bad to worse when My mum became seriously ill, the tables she had been taking all her life for the pain and inflamation had caused a great deal of damage to her liver - she was hospitlised for months and we were told to expect the worst. It was at this time that my Dad decided to leave her (although at the time if felt like he was leaving me too) This is going to sound what I call 'a bit Eastenders' but the reason for him leaving was he had fallen in love with his secretary :eek: . Thank the lord dearly that my Mum started to improve and got better quite quickly once she started recovering, she came home, and we started life as a 3some.

I'm starting to feel a bit misty eyed so will continue later!! :)

Oh Roosters,what a shame in lots of ways,no least the fact that being a child-carer put paid to your schooling. you are obviously very intelligent.
iwould tend to agree that doing the house work & cooking contributed to your weight problem,but not just because you could choose the menu. If you get home from shool & have to mother your mother, then who or what will mother(= comfort) you. What a star you are/were.How did your brother cope with your mother's illness & later father's leaving.

As far as babies go ,I suppose you could argue you've got plenty of time to lose weight ,breed a wholenetball team & still have change left from 35!
consider yourself hugged .

Oh Roosters,what a shame in lots of ways,no least the fact that being a child-carer put paid to your schooling. you are obviously very intelligent.
iwould tend to agree that doing the house work & cooking contributed to your weight problem,but not just because you could choose the menu. If you get home from shool & have to mother your mother, then who or what will mother(= comfort) you. What a star you are/were.How did your brother cope with your mother's illness & later father's leaving.

As far as babies go ,I suppose you could argue you've got plenty of time to lose weight ,breed a wholenetball team & still have change left from 35!
consider yourself hugged .

Ahh my bro, he has struggled - in a lot of ways much more than I have, he has an on going battle with depression, a weight issue which he has recently tackled and is now super trim and fit (he runs about 40 miles a week). He is chief cook and bottle washer for my mum at the moment they live together quite happily in amiable disharmony. His salvation is his music, he is quite a popular boy here in York and even has an albumn out. www.myspace.com/danwebster78 <-- have a listen

I find it hard to accept and positive comments re looking after my mum because the reality of it was it involved lots of battles and tantrums. As a child I couldn't empathise with my mums condition at all, I saw it as an extra chore that my friends didnt have, I was extremely embarrassed of being with her at any school events that she came to as her hands are very disfigured. I constantly wished she would be 'normal' and it never even crossed my mind that she might like to FEEL better, I just thought it would make my life easier. :eek: Not exactly the stuff stars are made of.

As for more babies, I know there is plenty of time for me, I just have the patience of a 2 year old! OH is constantly concerned about being an 'old' Dad which is ridiculous because at 36 yrs old, he's the biggest kid I know.

The diet is going swimmingly!! weigh day tomorrow, and I reckon I've lost 8 stones.

Ahh my bro, he has struggled - in a lot of ways much more than I have, he has an on going battle with depression, a weight issue which he has recently tackled and is now super trim and fit (he runs about 40 miles a week). He is chief cook and bottle washer for my mum at the moment they live together quite happily in amiable disharmony. His salvation is his music, he is quite a popular boy here in York and even has an albumn out. www.myspace.com/danwebster78 <-- have a listen

I find it hard to accept and positive comments re looking after my mum because the reality of it was it involved lots of battles and tantrums. As a child I couldn't empathise with my mums condition at all, I saw it as an extra chore that my friends didnt have, I was extremely embarrassed of being with her at any school events that she came to as her hands are very disfigured. I constantly wished she would be 'normal' and it never even crossed my mind that she might like to FEEL better, I just thought it would make my life easier. :eek: Not exactly the stuff stars are made of.

I usually try& wrap my comments in a bit 'tongue in cheek' cos my pompous tendancy can get a bit dogmatic & even my friends say things like 'Quiet jane', 'leave it jane' ,or most commonly ,'shh they'll hear you'. In this instance I'm coming straight at you. The whole essence of childhood is that you are selfish,self-centered, impulsive, impatient,intolerent, and acutely aware of any thing tha makes you different from the crowd. (the growing up process is designed to help us temper this enough to a. be able t live with others & b.care for our own kids.) You would have been ABNORMAL to feel any thing else.I know it's fashionable to have current affairs footage of 9 yr old angels coming home from school,cleaning the house, wiping their disabled mother's bottom, cooking for the family,& breast feeding the baby,before goigback out to do a 12 hr shift at the local mega-burger cafe to pay for he brother to go to college. Don't you think that as soon as the cameras have gone they don't think & behave just a you did.
" it's not fair,why do i have to.." "My friend xx says her.mother..."
Please repeat after me. I was a child,it was hard & at times,however much I loved my mum I still resented her illness.That is because I'm normal,not because i'm bad.

Golly your brother! Every day this site has me typing"me too"
Mine is a long story & i had thought about giving him a slot in my diary.probably will now you've jogged me.In a nutshell,he couldn't look after homself & for 10,yrs up to mum's death he was back at home & unemployed.. she did all the caring still & supported him fiancially & emotionally,to the extent that she prevented him getting the help I believed he needed.His complete inertia drove me apoplectic during her final illness. I'd go to london,spend all day sorting stuff out re illnes,cash for day-to-day expenses,continuing care etc, come back to midlands & 2 days later ring him up to find he hadn't made the one phone call i'd asked. And he's supposed to have an IQ of 150.

As for more babies, I know there is plenty of time for me, I just have the patience of a 2 year old! OH is constantly concerned about being an 'old' Dad which is ridiculous because at 36 yrs old, he's the biggest kid I know.

The diet is going swimmingly!! weigh day tomorrow, and I reckon I've lost 8 stones.

Morning Roosters, What! Only 8st. in a week,huh,I lost more than that just last weekend.

Read you again later.

Golly your brother! Every day this site has me typing"me too"
Mine is a long story & i had thought about giving him a slot in my diary.probably will now you've jogged me.In a nutshell,he couldn't look after homself & for 10,yrs up to mum's death he was back at home & unemployed.. she did all the caring still & supported him fiancially & emotionally,to the extent that she prevented him getting the help I believed he needed.His complete inertia drove me apoplectic during her final illness. I'd go to london,spend all day sorting stuff out re illnes,cash for day-to-day expenses,continuing care etc, come back to midlands & 2 days later ring him up to find he hadn't made the one phone call i'd asked. And he's supposed to have an IQ of 150.

Well, you know what they say, if it's not one thing.. it's your brother. It's undeniably one of the most frustrating things when you can see the potential in someone you love and for whatever reason they're not using it! even if it's something as simple as trying to sustain themselves. I always find myself stuttering i disbelief. WWwwwhhhhy? or HHHHHooow can you not?? etc. I'm looking foward to hearing more about your bro.

Please repeat after me. I was a child,it was hard & at times,however much I loved my mum I still resented her illness.That is because I'm normal,not because i'm bad.

I was a child,it was hard & at times,however much I loved my mum I still resented her illness.That is because I'm normal,not because i'm bad.

The sensible part of me knows and believes that whole heartedly, however it still sits a little funny. It's not something that affects me anymore I don't think, but I'm determinded to get rid of my food demons so I'm tryin to find the roots of them.

Morning Roosters, What! Only 8st. in a week,huh,I lost more than that just last weekend.

Indeed what I meant to say was that I think I will have lost at LEAST 8 stone off my left thight alone. :D

Day 19 (I think)

I'm taking it as a good sign that I can't even remember what diet day I am on.. it's all strategically written down in my diary (appointment day to day diary not dearest computer fed minimin diary). perhaps obsessively so, both counting the days up, then counting the days down and also predicted weight loss taking into account various different factors. Yes, I have too much spare time on my hands in the evenings :eek:

Well, the weather here is deeply miserable! another wet weather day.. and a Friday.. .double trouble. :sigh: Not to worry says I, Evie and I will make the most of inventing new indoor activites! so, cbeebies off, Magic princess fun tent up (it's huge) all the toys are out (there's loads) mini sausages on her favourite plate (she loves them) and I'm ready for indoor playtime fun.. at first lo looked rather amused at my frantic attemps to make the living room resemble a wacky warehouse - eventually got bored and pulled herself onto the armchair and started reading the TV times. If you can imagine the comparitive size, 14 month old and A4 mag, like a littel old lady reading a broadsheet. I wished I had a small enough pair of glasses I could perch on the end of the nose and the image would be complete.

Well, back to it I guess..

xx

Well, you know what they say, if it's not one thing.. it's your brother.

I just love this.It semms to fit nicely together with
A Mother's place is in the wrong

Indeed what I meant to say was that I think I will have lost at LEAST 8 stone off my left thight alone. :D

I think that your H might just have tampered with your shakes.

I'm taking it as a good sign that I can't even remember what diet day I am on.. it's all strategically written down in my diary (appointment day to day diary not dearest computer fed minimin diary). perhaps obsessively so, both counting the days up, then counting the days down and also predicted weight loss taking into account various different factors. Yes, I have too much spare time on my hands in the evenings :eek:

Well, the weather here is deeply miserable! another wet weather day.. and a Friday.. .double trouble. :sigh: Not to worry says I, Evie and I will make the most of inventing new indoor activites! so, cbeebies off, Magic princess fun tent up (it's huge) all the toys are out (there's loads) mini sausages on her favourite plate (she loves them) and I'm ready for indoor playtime fun.. at first lo looked rather amused at my frantic attemps to make the living room resemble a wacky warehouse - eventually got bored and pulled herself onto the armchair and started reading the TV times. If you can imagine the comparitive size, 14 month old and A4 mag, like a littel old lady reading a broadsheet. I wished I had a small enough pair of glasses I could perch on the end of the nose and the image would be complete.

Well, back to it I guess..

xx

A delightfull image. One of mine used to read seed catalogues & go 'look mummy fower' in astonishment at everypage-even the vegetable ones

Weigh In day (sort of)

I say sort of because technically I first weighed in on a Monday but as CDC councilors scales are far better than mine, I'm changing my weigh in day to Saturdays :)

So I'm 6lb down which takes me to 23lbs off. :) Sadly not the 8 stones as I predicted.

I've decided to keep my diary rather colour full in protest of the weather. It's not raining but dear lord a little blue sky please :) .

so I've got until Monday 26th to lose another 5 lbs and then I can joyously declare 2 stone in a month!! :) :)

Saturday nights alright alright ALRIGHT

Hello dearest darling diary, this evenig finds me in a rather splendiferous mood :)

It's been a rather hectic day in the Rooster camp, visitors piling in then piling out to make room for some more. Evie totally exhausted with the efforts of showing each new person her magic fairy princess mushroom tent. What fun!
We've also found time to go on a 'welly boot' mission! and after 1/2 stomping round mothercare welly boot mission is indeed a complete sucses. So tomorrow, welly boots, wooly coats, packed lunch and packed shake we're escaping to the country!

The domestic goddess was in overdrive today, jumped out the shower at about 11am (tried to get in a lot earlier but visitor interuptions prevented this) the phone rung straight away, My Dad and his wife and my little half brother were on their way, and my daft (extreeeemly so) Dad in the background is bellowing that he is hungry. Right, I thought, lunch for 5 out of nothing (don't they realise us SS's don't have food in the house) then I had a 'A HA' moment and got into the spirit of the season, (all be it a little early) and decided to make pancakes.. and oooo i made hundreds of the little blighters. They went down very well, my old Pa helped himself to 2 to start.. took them into the lounge and within a matter of moments he was back to claim 2 more. Everyone else stopped at 3 (pancakes, not trips) but back he came 2 more times, each time 2 more pancakes.. Then what happend next just rang big ben style bells with me. He sheepishly came back into the kitchen, took another 4 pancakes from the stack, smothered them in syrup and began eating, right there, next to the cooker in the kitchen. 'go sit down Dad' (I've not had my own home for that long really, only a couple of years and I still get a thrill from looking after guests) 'no' says he, 'I don't want 'em to see me eating even more pancakes, they'll think I'm a pig'. Well my jaw fell to the ground the pancake on the stove sat burning away quietly. My Dad is a food aholic, just like me. :eek:

Back