Back on the road to the magic slimdom - Roosters Road trip

I do lke our diary ,you are always so chirpy.
REALLY LIKE THE BRIGHT COLOURS TO FIGHT OFF THE FEB GLOOM
It goes without saying that you didn't test the pancakes yourself-not even for quality assurance purposes.

6lb eh? i expect you're feeling quite chuffed with yourself.I'm still not quite at 2 st down ,but I'm still v pleasd fo you & not at all GREEN. actually I'm sort of hoping I'll make it by next WI.
Bet Evie is really proud of her new wellies. One of mine can't remember which(boo,shame ,failed mother) took them to bed for several days after getting them.
keep up the good work & I'll pop by again soon.
ps how are you with pics-any chance of one of Evie + wellies on the family day out?

Morning Roostes, Just a quick note to wishyou a super day out.The sun is shining,spring is springing, get those lil red wellies on & drink in the day.
speak to you later,jane

And a good day was had by all

Morning Roostes, Just a quick note to wishyou a super day out.The sun is shining,spring is springing, get those lil red wellies on & drink in the day.
speak to you later,jane

Thank you Jane, :) We had a marvelous day out, I can tell by how exhausted I am!!

I'm toying with the idea of going for a spin the exercise bike as I haven't bothered for the past few days :eek:. hmmmm

Ahh today began in a rather unusual fashion. OH and I woke up first! well rather it was a unspoken awakeness, I kept peaking at OH with one eye and him likewise until we both peeked at the same time -then eyes squeezed shut as Evie was obviously still asleep, must make the most of it, (it was 7:30am!!!) eventually, bored of trying to sleep, oh and i started chatting (turns out H has developed a throat 'thing' infection maybe over night) so mostly I got talked at, in great length and detail about how throat thing feels. I made essential soothing noises until our chattering woke Evie up. Ha! how the tables turned this morning. :)

Breakfast was a delight! Evie fed herself (new skill) her weetabix with minimal mess as did OH and I slurped my shake - then off we went! (well actually there was a gap of about 3 hours where I cleaned the house, washed up, dressed child and self, and made pack lunch for 2.) but not even I want to know about that when I read back diary.. oh no I put it, so I'll leave it. hmmm.. I'm so tired!! ah well, onwards and upwards..

We arrived at the farm at lunch time so headed straight for a bench in the sun. I confess I did feel drawn to the food, how nice it would be to munch on sandwiches in the sun with a fantastic view of Kilburn white horse and Sutton bank straight ahead, then the feeling past and I sat with my bestest people in the world, all huddled together with the sun warming our faces and felt pretty damn good. We trawled around the 'petting' part of the zoo and then wondered down to the pond to feed the ducks - scary moment when 2 ducks quickly turned to 20 or more and the food was running low - then things got very hairy when a gaggle of geese turned up (I was attacked by a goose when i was very young and have prefer ed to keep a distance from them ever since.) needless to say panic set in when they got closer and closer, Evie was in the pushchair in front of me so they would get to her before me and the Motherly thing set in, and I stretched out my arms opened my lungs and charged around shrieking till they bu**ered off. :eek: Needless to say I got lots of funny looks by the other visitors(mostly parents and tots, and even worse mostly thin parents) . :mad:

We celebrated our victory against the gaggle with a cup of tea and a bun in the cafe (no bun for me) and then after a quick trip to the gift shop we pootled homewards :)

So here I am, and still feeling good - I'm looking forwards to the future all the time, a thinner future, a happier life. It's amazing what a bit of fresh air and sunshine can do! :)

ps how are you with pics-any chance of one of Evie + wellies on the family day out?

I will post some soon!! (just need to figure out how to)

What a great day out for you, we are doing a big day out tomorrow as its our half term, cant wait, really want a great day x

What a great day out for you, we are doing a big day out tomorrow as its our half term, cant wait, really want a great day x[/quote

Strange-the rest of the country had it's 1/2 term last week.
what timezone are you in?

Roosters ,sounds like a great day out. Have you started planning your next one yet? My day was all taken up with preparing for school;laundry,kit bags,finishing homework etc.Too dull to mention really.

What a great day out for you, we are doing a big day out tomorrow as its our half term, cant wait, really want a great day x[/quote

Strange-the rest of the country had it's 1/2 term last week.
what timezone are you in?

I live in a parallel dimension, its called Yorkshire!!!

Its cool coz all the activities are a lot quieter this week

Feb%202007%20back%20at%20the%20farm%20018.jpg

Feb%202007%20back%20at%20the%20farm%20011.jpg

Here she is, Baby Rooster with wellies and without!

Aw how lovely rooster. What lovely pics, oh the joy of going back to school, Ill be like that this weekend!

Roosters ,sounds like a great day out. Have you started planning your next one yet? My day was all taken up with preparing for school;laundry,kit bags,finishing homework etc.Too dull to mention really.

Oh yes, we have lots more planned - we've got English Heritage membership which needs taking advantage of!

Hope you have a fantstic day out Vicky - enjoy your half term :)

janeRoosters ,sounds like a great day out. Have you started planning your next one yet? My day was all taken up with preparing for school;laundry,kit bags,finishing homework etc.Too dull to mention really.

I know what you mean, back to reality for me today - just wrote out a mamouth shopping list, the joys of Asda.

:) :) Good news I fit into a pair of my old jeans .. bad news the zip is broken!! old jeans are too big and are currently being held up by a length of washing line so I'm opting for old jeans with broken zip + long top. When I slim out of these my plan is to get a pair of Asda (good old asda) £3 jeans. OH has promised to pay for me to have a hair cut once I've lost 3 stone! 'a proper salon jobby' as he calls it. (i usualy just get trimmed for a 5 at our local hairdressers) Soo much to look forward to! :)

Also My OH affectionatly refers to me now as skinny bum, bless him .. my bum is anything but skinny.

Dear Roosters,thanks for the pics-isn't she a pretty one.
PINK wellies-did evie choose the colour herself?
I've got one who would have mugged another child for a pair that colour,though in 'our day' it was just red or blue. She also used to love wearing dresses .If she sees an old pic of herself she'll say 'mummy why did you make me wear such ghastly clothes' will not accept that it was her choice & after wasting 1/2 hr trying to get the stubborn brat to wear trousers to go to the park , any sane mother gives in & lets the child suffer wind & mud on bare legs. gosh that takes me back .

English heritage-must do more outings,you need to get your moneys worth.

Well done Mr Roosters, I think the posh-hair is a great idea.

Of course,how clever,how typically Yorkshire.Always does plough it's own furrow. I hate crowds.I hate shopping.I hate going into the city,& most of all I hate doing the 3 together with 3 kids in tow. Well I did do it last week,the place was heaving & it was GRIM.
Sometimes after an experience like that, I wonder if I just hate people.
Hope you have an uncrowded 1/2 term

Dear Roosters,thanks for the pics-isn't she a pretty one.
PINK wellies-did evie choose the colour herself?
I've got one who would have mugged another child for a pair that colour,though in 'our day' it was just red or blue. She also used to love wearing dresses .If she sees an old pic of herself she'll say 'mummy why did you make me wear such ghastly clothes' will not accept that it was her choice & after wasting 1/2 hr trying to get the stubborn brat to wear trousers to go to the park , any sane mother gives in & lets the child suffer wind & mud on bare legs. gosh that takes me back .

English heritage-must do more outings,you need to get your moneys worth.

Well done Mr Roosters, I think the posh-hair is a great idea.

Actually the choice was the cheapest will do!! so Pink wellies it was, I'm sure she would've prefered the multi coloured character ones but at the rate her feet grow we try to spend as little as possible. (£60 worth of clarks shoes since December:eek: :eek: )

How sweet a little girly girl. Evie really doesn't care what she wears - her prefer ed outfit is nothing. (although when she is being a grumpy thing I tend to choose an outfit that looks ridiculous, take pictures and file them in the 'to embarrass you later file' ) :p

So well into week 4 now, and still into the ssing routine so nothing to report dietwise! I did a sneeky peak on my mum's scales yesterday, good news another 3 lb off so hopefully I'll get another couple off before weigh in on Sat. I keep telling myself I need to prepare for the weightloss to slow down, it has come off far quicker than could've imagined.:)

A conversation I had with a acquaintance yesterday left me reeling (is that even a word? it sounds right,why do words do that to you) anyway, I was just explaining why I'm glugging so much water and then 5 minutes later (this was a conversation I was having on MSN messenger) acquaintance says that her husband says how ridiculous I am being embarking on this sort of diet, that it's a scam and I may as well drink water and take vitimin tablets and overall the diet will harm me in the long run! Weellll, I was flabbergasted at the ignorance and narrow mindedness, but more over at the blatant rudeness of it! :mad:

I'm finding it harder and harder to find suitable clothes to wear! one pair of jeans most definatly will not fit me now or ever again and they are on the way to the charity shop. The slightly smaller pair are still being held up with a piece of washing line and I've given up with the broken zip pair until I can find a way to fix them (I'm no seemstress so this could be quite tricky) :eek: I'm going to percever with what clothes I have, at the weekend I'm going to dig around for pre pregnancy clothes and see if I can make use of them yet. (probably not) but it will be nice to see them again. :)

Well the tiny tear away has caused chaos this morning so I better make the most of her nap time and have a good clear up before it's time for round 2

Actually the choice was the cheapest will do!!
Ah a girl after my own heart.
so Pink wellies it was, I'm sure she would've prefered the multi coloured character ones but at the rate her feet grow we try to spend as little as possible.I seem to remember we had a sort of wellie-go-round inour neighbourhood. They never get worn out & it's not like real shoes where i wouldn't want my childs foot in a shoe that's already been shaped my another .I think son had a pr of little mermaid ones briefly.I just allowed the mud to stick & hoped he didn't notice.

(£60 worth of clarks shoes since December:eek: :eek: ) would lie to be able to tell you it gets better but I'd be lieing.they don't need re-shoeing as often but they do also need trainers,football boots etc.I have a separate bank account where i put the child benefit. It does/did nappies, shoes,& the occasional emergency.Anythingleft at the end of the year goes on ice-creams for the summer hols.

How sweet a little girly girl. Evie really doesn't care what she wears - her prefer ed outfit is nothing. (although when she is being a grumpy thing I tend to choose an outfit that looks ridiculous, take pictures and file them in the 'to embarrass you later file' ) :pSo well into week 4 now, and still into the ssing routine so nothing to report dietwise! I did a sneeky peak on my mum's scales yesterday, good news another 3 lb off so hopefully I'll get another couple off before weigh in on Sat. I keep telling myself I need to prepare for the weightloss to slow down, it has come off far quicker than could've imagined.:) good, & remember to keep them handy for that day when she brings her first boyfriend home.

A conversation I had with a acquaintance yesterday left me reeling (is that even a word? it sounds right,why do words do that to you) anyway, I was just explaining why I'm glugging so much water and then 5 minutes later (this was a conversation I was having on MSN messenger) acquaintance says that her husband says how ridiculous I am being embarking on this sort of diet, that it's a scam and I may as well drink water and take vitimin tablets and overall the diet will harm me in the long run! Weellll, I was flabbergasted at the ignorance and narrow mindedness, but more over at the blatant rudeness of it! :mad: Actually that doesn't totally surprise me.Somewhere,either here or on the Cambridge diet site,I found a thread of people discussing the reactions that they had had after telling others that they were dongCD/LL etc. There were def.reactions quoted just like your 'friend' had.If I can find it I'll tell you. I've taken the cowards way so far & told no-one but H.to be honest I wasn't sure he'd be over keen when . Didn't mention anything til I'd had my intro with CDC & come home with the shakes. Luckily he was aware of it & that it' been around for 25yrs-so that was ok.

I'm finding it harder and harder to find suitable clothes to wear! one pair of jeans most definatly will not fit me now or ever again and they are on the way to the charity shop. The slightly smaller pair are still being held up with a piece of washing line and I've given up with the broken zip pair until I can find a way to fix them (I'm no seemstress so this could be quite tricky) :eek: I'm going to percever with what clothes I have, at the weekend I'm going to dig around for pre pregnancy clothes and see if I can make use of them yet. (probably not) but it will be nice to see them again. :)

You really expect me to give you sympathy because your clothes are all falling off? this colour is closer to the mark-Mine are loosening but still staying up.
Not sure about the washing line though, what's wrong wth good old bailer-twine.? Are you trying to get OH to buy you some new ones out of guilt? Sounds a good ploy if you are.

Well the tiny tear away has caused chaos this morning so I better make the most of her nap time and have a good clear up before it's time for round 2

When's your next weigh date?

roosters,just found another person who got an angry responce to her VLCD.it 's in Diary of poohbearmufc & minilady.

Tiredy sleepy lady

seem to remember we had a sort of wellie-go-round inour neighbourhood.

What a fantastic idea! 'wellie -go - round' I have a friend (the lady who does CD with me) whose daughter will wear nothing BUT wellies, was rather problematic when said friend got married, I beleive it took weeks to find a pair of white wellies.

You really expect me to give you sympathy because your clothes are all falling off?

YES!

When's your next weigh date?

Saturday :)

Well comeing to the end of week 4 and I've oddly found the past couple of days pretty hard .. (I hate this colour). I'm usualy really good at getting up in the mornings, the past couple of days have been a nightmare, OH has had to 'shake' me up, and it takes me a while to get going. :confused:

I've also been feeling a bit down, probably just boredom! I am extremely lucky to be an at home mummy but sometimes the routine gets a bit monotonous and there's only so much you can do with limited funds!! ACtualy I'm sure there are LOADS I could be doing I just need to fire up the imagination a bit more.

Oooo I've had big cravings today, I actualy *felt* hungry which I didn't think was possible in ketosis but there were definate belly rumberlings. Water to the rescue (joy). I'm wondering if I'm perhaps overdoing the excersise, I hope not because (I never ever thought I would say this) I'm actualy really realy enjoying getting on the excersise bike in the evenings and definatly don't want to ease up on it.

I took my bro to Asda today to get some new jeans, he's lost 5 stone in the past 6 months and needs a bit of assistance styling his new thinner self - hopefully it won't be too long before I'm styling my new thinner self! :D

Well, there's not a lot else to report from the house of Rooster - I'm going to get on the bike and cycle till I fall off, hopefully into the bath.

Wide awake!

Well I'm back on form today, wide awake at 6am - service resumes as normal!! (well as normal as it gets :) )

I had a fantastic dream last night about Bon Jovi - my favourite band, and I've found their myspace page and added them as a friend!! I am SOOooo sad, perhaps far too bored and quite apprehensive that they might not add me:eek: . I mean, a rock band who has sold more than 250 million albumns, surely they have time to post me a little message!

So as part of my new life I'm replacing food with other things, I tried to do this consciously at first but that doesn't work. (well not for me) so I just let things happen, some days are so dismal I can't even mention (but i probably have in an earlier post :p ) but others I find something that i love and have a really good time. Today it's Bon Jovi, my favourite band, and the best day of my life (apart from Evie and OH related days eg birth and meeting of) was seeing them live for the first time! GOLD circle tickets no less so on their Bounce tour in the home of Manchester United I was literally a few feet from the band.. well, I had no control of my facial muscles, its like i was paralysed in reverse and had the widest smile plastered to my face the entire time. Then my moment came, during the song 'sleep when I'm dead' there is a clapping element to the song which all bon jovi aficionado's will know well, myself included, so when the song started, I started off singing along - fantastic, until the clapping part - my hands wouldn't work, I had NO rythem and it went terribly terribly wrong!! Jon (Bon Jovi) seeing my obvious distress and problem pointed at me, and clapped the rhythm out the song urging me to try again, and try I did, and I'll be damned I got it spot on, to much cheering from the folks in the immediate vicinity. ahhh.. happy glorious memories.

So this afternoon the DVD's of Bon jovi are going on and Evie and I will be singing and dancing (with rythem).

Sorry for my non diet related post but I just feel in a chipper mood (also I'm freezing and pc is next to radiator):) :)

I love a good boogie, nothing better than a blast of music and a jump around the living room!!! Infact, I may go home and do that today!!! Im off for a rollerskate later, that is a lot of fun too!!

I love a good boogie, nothing better than a blast of music and a jump around the living room!!! Infact, I may go home and do that today!!! Im off for a rollerskate later, that is a lot of fun too!!

Rollerskating what a fantasti idea!! I'll have to give it a go while I've still got lots of padding on the backside!

I LOVE dancing round the living room.. it's good for everthing! heart soul and waistline!

Rollerskating what a fantasti idea!! I'll have to give it a go while I've still got lots of padding on the backside!

I LOVE dancing round the living room.. it's good for everthing! heart soul and waistline!

Try the rollerskating, we go to my local ymca, they have rollerdisco on a friday night, I must admit it does hurt to fall now but practise makes perfect!!:D

Sorry for my non diet related post but I just feel in a chipper mood (also I'm freezing and pc is next to radiator):) :)
Don't apologise RoostersIt was lovely to here about other things.glad you're feeling less tired.
Try the rollerskating, we go to my local ymca, they have rollerdisco on a friday night, I must admit it does hurt to fall now but practise makes perfect!!:D

what a funny old world.Our local leisure centre does roller disco on fri evenings too_Our 2 youngest love it,but being what they call a fogey I sit outside in the foyer because the music is so loud.

Back