Bad Day Today ... :(

ok, here goes... don't say i didn't warn you!

Cranberry and choc flapjacks
makes 12, calories per serving 440 :)rant2:). However, i cut my batch up into tiny pieces, so 36 bite size chunks per recipe which makes about 150 cals per chunk. Still massive amounts, but so good!

• 250g butter
  • 100g demerara sugar
  • 200g golden syrup
  • 250g rolled oats
  • 75g plain flour
  • 100g dried cranberries
  • 100g white chocolate, chopped

1. preheat oven to 170C/Gas 3. Line a 23cm square tin with greaseproof paper. I still find it sticks a fair bit.
2. melt butter, sugar and syrup over a low heat until all mealted into each other
3. add oats, flour, cranberris and stir well.
4. spread mixture into tin
5. bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden
6. leave to cool for a few minutes
7. mark into squares, but don't cut all the way through
8. cool completely
4. meanwhile, melt choc in bowl over gently simmering pan of water. or in microwave (a riskier strategy, as i once discovered when i left it too long)
5. drizzle choc over flapjacks (actually it pretty much covers the whole slab) and chill
6. cut into bars when ready to serve.

they sound handsome!!!! i will be making them soon - lets fatten the bf up! lol

absolutely! i use them to fatten up my skinny friends... mwahahahaaaa

At least you haven't eaten them, well done! I've just cooked my husband his dinner and I don't cook! I've turned into a proper little house wife, he loves this diet! x

You had me worried Summer when I read the title of your thread. What was I thinking, as if you'd be scoffing!

I think we've all turned into cooks on this diet. Why do we want to feed everyone all the time whilst on this? Just want to fatten up my hubby I suppose so that he is heavier than me for the first time in 8 years.

haha mini!!! atleast i manage to fool one person .... lol

Sorry you are having a bad day hun! HUGS!

But I remember the photos of your cake and so I can imagine what the cookies will be like....yum! yum! So I have 10 days left to refeed....any chance you'd make a batch next week and post some to me????????????????????????????????

My boyfriend keeps calling me a feeder cos I am cooking for him and buying him treats - I think you're right Louize, we're making other people eat to satidfy our cravings. Weird!
Having said that, Summer and Elle- Emm, i don't know how you can make choc chip shortbread and choc cake without cracking! That is superhuman willpower!!
x

Sorry you are having a bad day hun! HUGS!

But I remember the photos of your cake and so I can imagine what the cookies will be like....yum! yum! So I have 10 days left to refeed....any chance you'd make a batch next week and post some to me????????????????????????????????

I wont be able to make any next week hun but when i do i will certainly post you out a batch just let me have yer addy :D

lol would you like some too chell?

Tell ya what let me get my dissy out of the way then i will make some for ya's :)

yes i would like some :)

thank you lol!!

Not that I was hinting or anything lol

What is an oatcake?

I wont be able to make any next week hun but when i do i will certainly post you out a batch just let me have yer addy :D

Ooooooo! Yum! Yum! :eating: Can't wait! Thank you!

No problemo! :)

An oatcake - thinks its just like a biscuit but made with oats but then agaim am not sure as when i made them they were called golden oat 'biscuits' lol

ah my bad ..... oatcakes are a type of pancake made from oatmeal and sometimes flour - so not a biscuit at all - good old trusty google! lol

Back