Barb's Fabulous Food Diary!

I think that is a really good idea Karion - if I see the scales i am tempted to hop on but if I can't seee them....

I do feel better than I did a couple of days ago; things seem less 'impossible' and I have my sensible head back on. Don't know how long it will last but whilst it's here I will make the most of it!!

If I think back to the beginning of this I was only talking in terms of 10lbs by Christmas and feeling healthier and fitter. That was a good goal, so why not go for that? it's do-able without being high pressure. i now realise I react very badly to self pressure and yet other pressures make me 'function' better. Weird isn''t it?

I do feel better than I did a couple of days ago; things seem less 'impossible'

Nothing is impossible Barb. You set the ground rules. If you've set the expectations too high then you can either work a way around meeting them, or lower them.

It's a win/win situation :D

Okay, a bit of a wild weekend, as anticipated, but at least I now feel I shall never drink again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday night was our awards evening for all our lovely nursery staff; it was great. Really happy evening but I was so busy presenting/drinking I forgot to eat!! Lethal. Yesterday was just a write off, out in the evening for dinner with friends and I stuck to water!
Anyway, feel much better today, still fragile, which is a bit worrying but so much better than yesterday.
It's my birthday this week and we were planning to go out but Ozzie was in a terrified state last night when we got back, due we think to the bloomin' fireworks. So a re-think, probably just stay in with the kids and have a take -away and watch a movie. After this weekends excesses that will do nicely I think!
So feeling chirpier in every respect, lets get some healthy food into the old bod, feel very jaded and abused by wierd eating/drinking. Fancy some lovely fruit and veg, so off to Mand S to get some!

Gosh, was that post really only a day ago? Well forget chirpy, think more practically dead! That really awful hangover, that I thought was a hangover (despite the fact that I hadn't drunk THAT much) turned out to be a tummy bug. OMG, I thought I was on my last legs last night, turns out I'm not but it was a close thing.

Anyway, pain has subsided, can't imagine ever eating anything ever again, so I suppose that all good!

Back later, if I'm spared!

Well, feel a bit better today, very weak and wobbly but improving. Pleased to have dropped last weeks gain plus 2 more, putting me within a lb of my Christmas target. I'd liek to say it was because I have been angelic, it isn't. It's because i've been poorly. Either way, it's a result that cheers me up!

Feeling a lot better, very weak but just had a cup of tea and actually enjoyed it, so thats progress.

All birthday celebrations have been cancelled as I just don't feel up to it, but I do feel happy about my 9lb loss, so it's all ok.
It's interesting to start to feel a bit slimmer, I really feel I if I can keep my diary going throughout the last week then I can do it forever. I looked at my weight log (which I have kept for 5 years, weighing on the 1st of the month, every month, dieting or not) and I am the lightest I've been this year! So thats good. I'd like to carry on doing what I'm doing (without the tummy bug obviously) and see my weight gently go down without it being the big deal it has been. I think my head is in the right place. I feel calm and focused, that has to be good I reckon.

Today I will be drinking plenty of water and trying to eat some light food. No appetite but very light headed so I guess I need something!

Well, feel a bit better today, very weak and wobbly but improving. Pleased to have dropped last weeks gain plus 2 more, putting me within a lb of my Christmas target.

Blimey! Well done Barb :clap: Glad to hear you're feeling a bit more chirpy :)

Thanks Isobel and KD. I am feeling a bit better but still not got much 'bounce'. Ate a rtiny dinner yesterday as really feel I need to get some strength back; so weird for me to have no appetite!

Weighed myself today and have lost another lb, so have hit my Christmas target, pretty chuffed with that. So my new target for Christmas is 7lbs making a total of 17 from when I started. I was going to make it up to a stone but 4lbs between now and Christmas does seem a bit lame, so I think 7 is pitching it about right.

I am having a nice birthday, it's going to be very quiet but thats ok, I'm just glad to be feeling a bit better.

Beginning to feel a bit repetitive but still feel really frail. Can't understand it. I ate a bit yesterday, a few biscuits, even a couple of birthday chocs and in the evening we had a chinese and I ate some boiled rice and some beansprouts with a little chicken. So, I should be feeling stronger but I don't. I also feel really depressed and cross. I have no patience at all; DD1 just came to talk to me about her credit card bill for NY and i just wanted to scream at her ' for crisakes, you're 24, sort it out yourself', I didn't, but I felt like it. Perhaps it's a side effect of the bug and how poorly I've been. Thinking about it, it has been a whole week now, which is quite a long time really.

Anyway, going to try and eat a bit more today; jobs are piling up round the house and they feel insurmountable; whats the matter with me?

Oh well, normal service will hopefully be resumed later!

Anyway, going to try and eat a bit more today; jobs are piling up round the house and they feel insurmountable; whats the matter with me?

Oh well, normal service will hopefully be resumed later!

Aww Barb. This has been hanging on for quite a while hasn't it. Hopefully you feel just that little bit better each day?

Sod the jobs. Most of them can usually wait, and hey...a 24yr old daughter? How fab is that. Delegate;)

Thanks Karion, good point. I've just put some washing on the line, nice to be outside but OMG I felt like I was going to fall over, so sat back down now with my laptop! Feel better for getting a job or two done; thats the prob with being unwell I think; it's bad enough being poorly but not being able to do the usual stuff is an added insult!

You'd think the weight sliding off would cheer me but I'd really just like to feel better; probably just being an impatient bod - as per usual!

Morning KD, very much better thank you!! Hooray!!!! Had a proper dinner last night, small but nice and slept really well (apart from DS2 coming in at 2.30 am followed by DD1 at 3am and DD2 at 3.30am!).
Woke up and just feel better, had a shower and didn't feel worn out by it so think I am over that nasty tummy flu or whatever it was.

Got on the scales and still showing a 10lb weight loss; really thrilled. I feel very happy with the new target I've set and very determined to achieve it. This week or so of eating so little has made me realsie how little I can get by on. Not that I am saying i would want to live like it long term but it made me realise that I can eat differently, I can change, it's not a problem.

For instance, DH bought me a box of my most favourite marzipan chocolates. I've had them since Thursday and there are still some left! I've had one at a time, slowly nibbled at and savoured, mainly because I did not want to make myself sick! I've never eaten chocolates so slowly or enjoyed them as much. I'm stunned. I honestly did no think I was a fast eater but i obviously am with things like chocolates.
So, another valuable lesson learnt. Another one to add to all my other dieting knowledge. Very pleasing.

I think I am on my way towards a slimmer future, I think it is going to take absolutely ages, but Im am going to get there. I actually feel slimmer already, 10lbs is a nice chunk and the next 7 will make a real difference.

Good to be back in the zone.

Oh my. This is sounding great. Feeling 'gently' positive IYKWIM.

I think it's fab that you are appreciating your 10lbs loss and so you should! Sometimes it's so easy to forget what you've achieved and always be trying to reach further. Never satisfied.

Now you can enjoy.

You're right about the choccies. When you've just got one and you take time to enjoy it, it tastes so much better doesn't it.

I could eat a box in one sitting (well almost) and hardly acknowledge any of them. They would suddenly be gone and I would be stretched to say what the flavours were:confused:

Hiya Barb,
It's great your feeling better hun .
Hope your still well, it's great your so positive .
I used to inhale my food to thought i had slowed it down loads but now i have to eat really slow and chew i can feel the difference !

Have a great day luvs Julie xxx

If you imagine that the food you are eating is the very last meal/choccie/biscuit you will ever get, it's amazing how long you can make it last and how enjoyable it is :)

Spot on KD; it's so easy to do the mindless stuffing, isn't it? Thanks for the good wishes Julie, I am feeling fine now. What a relief, haven't felt that rotten for a long time.
Off out for my birthday meal tonight, so looking forward to that. My appetite is back, which is good really, it was weird not fancying anything. Good for the diet but really boring. Hoping to have maintained that 1lb loss this week as just getting back to eating etc..

Head feels in a good place!

Have a great time tonight Barb. You deserve it :)

Thanks Karion, I had a really nice time. Took 3 out of 4 of our kids for a Thai meal - bit of a family favourite. Very, very spicy! My mouth was on fire!
Really yummy though and just nice to be doing something fun!

Out for dinner Thursday night, big family dinner tonight (with Ds1, his wife and our grand-daughter, so cooking for 8) then out for dinner saturday night with friends! Sounds more like me though, doesn't it?

Need to have some seriously good days inbetween, to ensure a STS next week or perhaps a lb off!

Back