Barb's going at it a little differently!

Thanks for the good thought rose and Tranq, I do feel a bit better today, so am hoping things are settling down.

I am actually fine about the 1lb, realistically it was the most i could hope for, so no disappointment really. The food focus site is helping me so much in that way, i can view my average cals and exercise and see where it's gone well and where it hasn't. Last week was really great, this week, not so good. Where there is a proper reason I am fine with a small loss.
Going to take it fairly easy today, be sensible and carry on recording everything.

A good day yesterday, so far good today too. Pain is better than it was but still feel below par. Logging everything on food focus though and that is really helping. Have set my goal to lose 1.5lbs a week, which takes my goal date to November 1st - the day before my 54th birthday. Sounds good to me. Of course i could be stricter and get there quicker, but tbh, to be the lowest weight I have been for 32 years will be all the present i need and I still feel the longer it takes to get there the better chance I have of maintaining it.

Hope so Rose, if I try I will have a good chance if I don't, well it's not going to happen, is it!

Back to swimming today, feeling a bit better and determined to see my 1.5lbs off this week as a minimum.
I'm doing this, till it's done!

Aqua was good, but I was very tried afterwards. Conked out in front of the tv last night at 9! Going again today and Thursday and friday; trying 4 days a week to see if that suits better, maybe 5 was overdoing it.

Off to aqua again today, it certainly helps my joints and gives me an extra 250 cals to eat if I want to! Very handy.

I am ok, feeling a little 'off' - 2nd anniversary of losing my Dad tomorrow and i think it's weighing heavy on my mind.

Had a miserable few days. Awful falling out with sister on top of feeling very sad about Dad, got to get my head calmer to go forward.

Lost a lb last week, but tbh had a very bad weekend of treats and wine. So, despite logging everything on food focus, I will be lucky if this week is an STS. That's ok though, because i know why and now I am getting myself back on track.

Hope your mind is at peace now hun x take each day as it comes...emotional upset and dieting don't mix well, relax and wait until the time feels right to go for it full steam ahead, when that day arrives, there will be no stopping you! Take care Barb x

Been to aqua and feel better for it. Loving logging all the exercise, makes it seem so real! Food focus is fantastic!

Thanks Rose, I'm doing my best. Not being mega strict but balancing my cals and exercise in the hope of a lb off a week. Not going to happen this week as I had a few bad days, which I carefully recorded, but I will get there in the end and that is all that really matters.

Not sure about aqua today, it is very warm in the DLC and I'm worried that coming out into the cold air will effect my asthma; chest already feels a bit annoyed with this cold air. So thinking I could do some really energetic housework and count those cals in my exercise log instead.

Hi Barb,

Fab to see that you're sticking to aqua and the swimming. Exercise does wonders for our mind as well as our body.

Even if it is STS, at least it's not a gain :)

WOW OTW, you have done so amazingly, over 100lbs gone. Well done you.

I'm a bit slippy slidey at the mo. Not sure why, it is very cold and I must say i have been mega hungry, so maybe that is it. Need to get down to it consistently though; this one on, one off one sts thing is driving me nuts.

its definately the weather barb! :)

I've stuck to my intended plan this week, but i've had a good few hunger pangs..i feel i'm strolling along this path at the moment, rather than jogging! hee hee

have a great sunday x

Back