Barb's slow but steady improvement diary!

Thanks Abz and Clarri! Good luck to you two too!

It just feels right, I look ahead at the new year and I know how much more I could enjoy myself if I was lighter. It's a no-brainer. I don't like being this heavy, I feel sluggish and lazy all the time. I'm going to concoct a list of personal reasons why I need to 'do it this time'. here goes;

1. My health - my heart, my joints, my stamina, my future.
2. How I look - smaller clothes, more choice of clothes.
3. Confidence - look better = feel better.
4. Practicality - no more worrying if I can fit through a gap or in a seat.
5. Peace of mind - to stop the constant self criticism about NOT losing weight. To be able to say, ' I made up my mind and eventually I got on with it, now I feel healthier and happier I can stop going on at myself'.

Yep, thats my 'big 5'!

Preparations continue. Dug out my cal counting book and calculator today. Plan to have a fave meal tomorrow night and then from midnight, it's all systems go!

Looking forward to it. I hope lots of friends come on here and kick my butt if I look like I'm slipping. (which of course I won't be!)

Christmas decs down and I feel like the New Year is really starting.

Looking forward to tomorrow. DH has promised to be supportive, admitted he would like to lose a stone or so, which is a first! So with him on my side the only thing that can stop me is - me!

go for it barbs. sounds like you're ready to go for it. remember that running start we were both going to have in january? well mine starts tomorrow :)

abz xx

Go Abz, go Barb, go Clarri! Hurray, it's here, the day we've been waiting for.

I woke up excited, glad to be getting on with it. I have planned a complete weeks meals (thats a first, ever), been shopping and bought some low cal healthy meals, stocked up with fruit and veggies, bought slimming mags to inspire me, prepared my ticker and weigh-in dates and bought a pretty new note book to record it all in!

I have never, ever been this organised. I've weighed and am actually 2lbs heavier than I expected to be, but thats fine. I'm not at all bothered.
My 35lbs by 30 April challenge start right here, right now.

Hi Barb its a while since we were in touch you sound so positive its fab. Im also starting today so maybe we can keep eachother company along the way xxx

Hi Mandy, lovely to hear from you. Yes, lets keep each other company and make this journey as much fun as possible.

i'm feeling so good, I just know this is going to work. I think organisation is the key. I am such a demon for grabbing whats handy without really thinking about it. Thats not going to happen this time because I know what i'm having and when I'm having it. Ha ha!!!

Are you going back to LL Mandy or trying soemthing different?

Hi Barb Ive been a bit complacent recently and have been having too many treat days so want to get rid of a stone or so am doing slimfast bars with a meal in the evening and have found that shifts it for me xxx

Sounds like a good plan Mandy - nipping it in the bud before the damage gets too bad!

I have had a good 1st day so far. Had a M&S mini chicken curry pot for lunch. They are really tasty, 2 mins in the microwave and only 250 cals! Just right on a chilly day like today. Tonight I am having a 'count on us' lamb and vegetable meal and I am going to 'actifry' some sweet potato to go with it. Never done it before but worth a try.

I don't want to depend too much on 'ready meals' but they do take outthe slog of weighing everything. Have ahd a banana and some cherries so far on the fruit front so time I've had dinner i should have done my '5 a day'.
I've also started back on 'calcia' tablets. 3 a day provides a good calcium boost and also d and b vitamins, which in view of the small amount of dairy I eat, seems like a good plan.

Day one done - 1245 cals in total, so well chuffed with that. I am aiming at 1200 -1500 so that was a good first day total. I figure if I want up to 1500 on a really hungry day then thats fine but if I'm feeling strong it's worth keeping the cals low in readiness for higher days.
Glad day one is done, I always think the further away from eating whatever you like the better. Found myself actually thinking about what I would have eaten if not cal counting and it's alarming really.

I certainly would have had more biscuits with my morning tea. I quite likely would have had a toasted teacake mid morning rather than a banana. Whilst making DH's lunchtime sandwich i would have nibbled at the ham I was slicing. I would have had a mince pie or chocolate bar after my sandwich and crisps! Afternoon cup of tea would have been accompanied by more biscuits. I would have had a glass of wine and 'nibbles' whilst preparing dinner. I would have had fatty lamb chops with home made gravy rather than my cal counted meal. We would have had a bottle of wine (possibly two!) whereas we had none. Christmas chocolates would have been nibbled later in the evening. How scary is that! It's not till you write it down that you realsie how MUCH food has been casually consumed. I've frightened myself now!

Still doing well - feel very strong, long may it last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how is today going honey? still on track for a low 1200 day?

you are storming along!! yesterday was a fairly low cal but not a sole source day as i saw my cdc last night. today is my first true ss day on cambridge.

abz xx

Hi Abz, yes, I reckon around the 1200 no probs. I had a near disaster lunchtime. I had bought a Covent Garden Mushroom soup, which is low cal and normally delicious. Well, I think they have 'new and improved' it - disgusting. I didn't like the smell of it but heated it anyway. Took one tiny teaspoon, YUK! Did I panic? Eat something silly? No! I popped one of my 250 cals chicken curry on the microwave and 2 mins later was tucking in. Delicious.

Tonight I'm doing some stir fried veg and King prawns. Yum!

i'm in the zone. I really, really want this. I think, more than I ever have before.

Good luck Abz with your SS; it can't be easy, but with your wedding in the offing you couldn't have a better incentive.

It's our turn now my lovely, lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Barb your menu sounds really good and ready meals are a dietsaver sometimes as you have already found out. I had a really good day one but am struggling a bit this evening, havent eaten anything I shouldnt but am craving cheese and wine but I wont give in I have a trip to Barcelona booked on 25th and am determined to be half stone lighter by then xxx

Back