Because I need to be accountable somewhere!!!

Fantastic well done on your loss this week! That's great - are you pleased?
Good luck for your interview later!!

Thankyou! Yes and no, obviously it is good to have a loss but I was hoping to lose more lol, I have set myself a goal for 7 weeks time when I go on holiday and I really don't think I am going to reach it!

Thankyou, interview went ok but don't think I will be successful!
How are you today?

Busy morning, slow afternoon.
Got a problem with my right knee, feels really tight, like I am going to pull my kneecap out of place if I am not careful! Means I can't do my exercise as planned :mad:
Trying to find out whether I can just carry on as normal or whether I should stop doing it. Earliest I can see the doctor is 2nd June!

Hope you all had a great day and are enjoying the beautiful weather!!!:rotflmao:

Sorry to hear about your knee, maybe a few days rest will help X

Sorry to hear about your knee - probably best to ease up on the exercise as you don't want to cause yourself any damage. I'd recommend swimming as something you can do without putting any pressure on it, but if you're like me, the thought of public swimming pools, changing rooms and swimming costume is so unappealing!

x

Sorry to hear about your knee, maybe a few days rest will help X

Sorry to hear about your knee - probably best to ease up on the exercise as you don't want to cause yourself any damage. I'd recommend swimming as something you can do without putting any pressure on it, but if you're like me, the thought of public swimming pools, changing rooms and swimming costume is so unappealing!

x

Thankyou both.

Funnily enough I am heading swimming this afternoon, I have to bite the bullet with regards to the changing room fear!!!

Morning all.

Had a terrible night, couldn't sleep between 1 and 5am so only had about 3 hours :rant:
My brain just wouldn't shut off. Making me feel really sluggish this morning and cold, just to add extra coldness to the keto cold!!!!

Thinking about getting some new scales, mine give 3 different readings back to back - of course I pick the lowest one :rotflmao:
Any recommendations?
Got a planned day off sunday for a family get together for 3 different birthdays so I really want to get some lbs off before then but this lack of exercise won't help!
I have 7 weeks today until my holiday and I would like to get another 23lb off by then which is 3.2lb a week, do you think that's achievable?

Hope you all have a fab day x

So despite being absolutely shattered I managed to do 35 minutes non stop swimming this afternoon :woohoo:

so pleased, and much easier on my knee than the cardio!
lets hope it shows on the scales!

Hope you have all had a good day

I really hope you're feeling better and you'll get some sleep tonight! Well done on keeping up the exercise even though you're not feeling 100% - inspirational, I don't think I could push myself to do so much while being drained!
You're doing brilliantly even through all the things life is throwing at you at the moment, good luck with the interview/job!

As for scales, I bought the ones I'll link below in 2009, haven't changed the battery once and they've been really good! They're quite pricey, but, they've lasted 6-7 years and are still as reliable as ever!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000BB0BVG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really hope you're feeling better and you'll get some sleep tonight! Well done on keeping up the exercise even though you're not feeling 100% - inspirational, I don't think I could push myself to do so much while being drained!
You're doing brilliantly even through all the things life is throwing at you at the moment, good luck with the interview/job!

As for scales, I bought the ones I'll link below in 2009, haven't changed the battery once and they've been really good! They're quite pricey, but, they've lasted 6-7 years and are still as reliable as ever!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000BB0BVG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thankyou for the link, will have a look at those!

Thankyou for popping in too, it is nice to know I am not always talking to myself!!!

Not sure on scales I use my wii fit to weigh in, would drive myself mad if I had normal scales lol x

Not sure on scales I use my wii fit to weigh in, would drive myself mad if I had normal scales lol x

I used to love my wii fit, I haven't got it anymore, may have to invest in one again!
And I do drive myself mad!! x

I was weighing daily at first but it wasn't helping with the diet so I had to stop!!! X

I need to, I need to wean myself off them, maybe I should get my oh to hide them!! They do dictate my mood for the day which is not always positive! x

I used to be the same with the scales! But the thing is, if you know you're doing the right thing, the weight will be coming off! Some weeks may be STS, but that's just the body compensating for the rapid loss. Sometimes when the fat is depleted, it refills the cells with water just to regulate itself... but the good thing is, that a whoosh will come as they empty! So look at the overall long-term average rather than a daily or even weekly thing. :) In the 6 weeks you've done so far you're averaging over 5lbs per week and that's amazing! I never had losses like that on a VLCD, mine were an average of about 2lbs at most!

I used to be the same with the scales! But the thing is, if you know you're doing the right thing, the weight will be coming off! Some weeks may be STS, but that's just the body compensating for the rapid loss. Sometimes when the fat is depleted, it refills the cells with water just to regulate itself... but the good thing is, that a whoosh will come as they empty! So look at the overall long-term average rather than a daily or even weekly thing. :) In the 6 weeks you've done so far you're averaging over 5lbs per week and that's amazing! I never had losses like that on a VLCD, mine were an average of about 2lbs at most!

That's a great point, I never thought to average it out.
This is one reason why I love coming here - different perspectives. It really helps!
Thankyou for that, I think I will be better after my holiday, I have set myself a target for before it so it has become a huge deal with regards to losses in case I don't reach that target. I need to rethink my goals x

You're doing amazingly well but it is hard to not be a slave to the scales. I was religious about getting weighed but now I'm not bothering as much as I actually feel better which is a positive.
Mine are just from Argos nothing special and have done the job fine X

Morning

Can't do my usual cardio so just did 1 mile on the exercise bike, my squats, crunches and my resistance band work. I will try and do 2 more sessions on the exercise bike later - knee allowing.

Feeling a bit low today, my oh firm hasn't got a lot of work at the moment and I think they are going to make cuts and I am scared he is going to lose his job. With the anxiety and ocd it sends me into panics, I am trying not to turn to food as a comfort.. I like control in my life and when I feel this unsettled I feel like food is the only thing I can control, it stops me spiralling so I am trying very hard to consider what goes into my mouth.

Hope you all have a good day

You're doing amazingly well but it is hard to not be a slave to the scales. I was religious about getting weighed but now I'm not bothering as much as I actually feel better which is a positive.
Mine are just from Argos nothing special and have done the job fine X

Thankyou.
I do really need to stop weighing all the time, its depressing!

I really hope the company don't make too many cuts and your OH isn't one of them! That sounds so stressful, I'm sorry.
But do try to remember - even though it is hard - that eating won't solve the problem and possibly may make you feel like life is *more* out of control. It will only hurt you at this point. Is there any way to do a positive activity instead - just in case the worst happens, start browsing other jobs that he could apply for? Or make plans just in case? Make a list of things you could do in a proactive way to help the situation and alleviate your fears. Having a physical piece of paper in front of you might help put things into perspective.

x

Back