Becktoria Brand New SF diary!

Just about survived boot camp. Still feel quite jelly like and was very nauseous but got through it! Just managed to eat my porridge now.

Well done on doing the boot camp what kinds of things were you doing? X

Well the man doing it seemed mad keen on planks! I HATE planks! Lots of them bunny hop things- you know with 2 hands on floor and legs going in and out, and walking lunges and squats! I felt sooo sick but got through! I also feel rather pleased with myself.
Fasting today had been surprisingly easy. I am absolutely shattered but I think that is the result of having no down time to myself since last Sunday and then being up and ready so early this morning. I came home from work earlier than I should, just so I get an evening of 'me time' as every evening this week is taken up with stuff again. I'm gonna do a quick clean then sink into the sofa to watch last night's being human! One of my favourite shows. Was on too late for me last night. Can't wait.

Oooh is there a new season of that on? I watched the first couple of series and really liked it but then always forgot to check when it was on so I am terribly behind on it.

Sounds like bootcamp on a fasting day went really well. I am very much with you on hating planks. I just don't know how people manage to hold them for so long! I find my feet start to slip backwards after about 30 seconds and I just can't keep it up much longer than that. And that is without mentioning the crazy full-body shaking. It really frustrates me as I just don't seem to be getting better at them despite doing them a couple of times a week since May. Sounds like boot camp is a good workout anyway, how are other people finding it? Is there many of you doing it? I like group exercises and classes but i have to say i think i would struggle to do it with people i know like work colleagues, I kind of like the annonymity of the gym... Although my lovely work colleagues did manage to persuade me to demonstrate push-up burpees in the middle of the office last week. Very odd.

Think you definitely deserve an evening of "you time", i think part of the fasting days is finding ways to "treat" yourself without food. A lazy evening and an early night is definitely my version of a treat. What have you got planned for food tonight? I am not entirely sure what I am going to be eating on my down days this week. There are plenty of quick things I can do from what I have in but I just don't seem to be able to "commit" to any one idea. Guess I will see what I feel like tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening :)

Hey atomic, the fifth series started last night. I'm a big fan and this series looks promising.

Yes today has been ok. I felt very wobbly this morning but hopefully as I get used to it this will stop. There were about 30 people there, and I wasn't shouted at by the guy running it- I did have imaginings of some kind of drill sergeant shouting at me to move my fat backside! It was much more intense than any other exercise I've ever tried though! Zumba tomorrow for some light relief!

Getting lots of lovely kitty cuddles tonight, I've not had time for any since last weekend, so think both me and the cat are very content! I'm going to make tea- tuna and cannellini bean salad then a bath with my book.
Haven't even thought about food for tomorrow whereas the previous fast days I've planned something special for the next day but really not bothered today. I think this is a good thing.

Ooh I'm stiff all over today! Hopefully it will have worn off a little in time for Zumba.

Yesterday's fast day felt very easy yesterday, just one time of real hunger but water helped.

Yesterday's fast food

B- porridge made with water, blueberries and tsp of golden syrup- 190 (kcals)

T- tuna and cannellini bean salad-233 kcals
Apple- 80kcal
Total- 503

Slightly over but I'm not going to worry about it.

Still not sure what to have for breakfast. Really don't feel hungry at all, so might just wait til I am.

Great stuff! Not surprised you feel achey after bootcamp but sure your body will get used to it in no time.

I am on a fast day today and I have to say my stomach is a bit rumbly. Kettlebells this morning was pretty tough this morning as they had us doing evil push up burpees between circuits :( I am sure I will survive til dinner tonight though, just need more herbal tea than usual.

Enjoy whatever you decide on for breakfast.

Hey atomic, just read that you've found today a struggle, don't worry, not long til you get to eat properly again!

Back to boot camp tomorrow! My muscles have eased off somewhat but I am still apprehensive even though now I have a vague idea what to expect.
I'm annoyed with myself today. I am struggling to eat properly on non fast days, by properly I mean avoiding chocolate! I know it says you can eat what you like but I'm falling into bad chocolate munching habits! I'm hoping this is very much a novelty that wears off (it also Doesnt help that I have galaxy ripples at work left from when I got the kids a reward for their injections). I think I am going to follow healthy eating rules, perhaps SF with tweaks from Sunday evening - Friday evening and then on weekends be more relaxed. Along with the fast days that should help me a little. I really don't want to be eating rubbish on non fast days, I want to be healthy. Damn my sweet tooth!
I can't make it to ww tomorrow but my scales at home show a gain and I'm inclined to trust them. I think the weekend of eating crap was to blame. This week should be better.

Today's food

B- muesli with chopped apricot and hazelnut milk
S- fruit and nuts
3 thirntons continental (someone had brought these in and I walked into kitchen 3 times and grabbed one each time)
Sliver of engagement cake (actually was minuscule)

L- 2x crumpets and butter
Grapes

S- galaxy ripple and standard galaxy bar

T- gammon risotto topped with Parmesan, fresh spinach and some red onion and cheddar flat bread.
S- 3 Lindt d'or

It's funny how food, especially chocolate doesn't bother me on a fast day but today, I just had to walk by it and it was in my gob! Oh dear.

Tomorrow I am planning a much better day. Probably some muesli for breakfast again, butternut squash soup and spaghetti bolognaise for tea. If I can't step away from all chocolate temptation I'll be grand!

According my scales I've gained 2lb since last week which is pretty annoying, but probably much deserved. On the positive side really enjoyed boot camp this morning, we did boxercise type stuff and it went really quickly. I think it is good that the exercises get mixed around too! I'm sure I shall feel it in my arms tomorrow though!
Going to keep up the 5:2 despite the gain, I think this is probably more about long term results and Long term changes in attitude to food, so keep going for another couple of weeks. Hope everyone has a good day.

Hey there Mrs M!
Today has been a very nibbly day with no real meal consumed. I went to make lunch of BNS soup but it looked so unappetising and I wasn't too hungry that I didn't bother. However not really eaten anything decent.

So far;

1/2 croissant with Brie (doing French food at school)
Galaxy ripple
2 hob nobs with cup of hot choc
1/4 small baguette with jam
Snack bag of fruit and nuts

Not great. I am making a healthy with extra lean mince and will have it with whole meal pasta and fresh spinach for tea.

Sorry Becks, I somehow missed your thread when replying to people earlier.

I wouldn't worry too much about the gain. You had a fantastic loss last week and sometimes after a big loss our bodies "settle down" a bit the following week. You've also really increased your exercise and at least part of that gain is likely to me water due to your muscles being sore. You aren't always going to have big weekends away with friends on this plan so sure things will settle down to getting some nice losses again by next week. I do also think "the novelty effect" will wear off a bit and we will get back to healthier eating the majority of the time.

A croisant and brie sounds like a truly fabulous way to start the day. Can't fault you there at all! And although the rest of the day is quite nibbly as you say and doesn't involve proper meals there is pretty moderate amounts of it by the sounds of it. A nice healthy dinner with extra lean mince, spinach and pasta will definitely do the trick.

As you say the long term changes in attitude to food will more than makeup for a little gain. And I am sure over time you will calm down when the novelty of being able to eat that you want wears off. It is a nibbly day but all small things so a proper dinner should sort you out :) x

Thanks Laura, I hope so. I am going to take a more considered approach though this week. I'm planning meals properly whereas I've just been going with the flow the past couple of weeks (partly due to circumstance, partly due to laziness).
Another fast day today. I had a blueberry and banana smoothie for breakfast and although I'm not hungry, I really really really want to eat, which isn't Sonething I've encountered on previous fast days. Before it has been, well you can't have food so just deal with it! Perhaps it's cos of the gain? I don't know but I can get through it. Making the stir fry I had a couple of weeks ago for tea because it was so lovely last time and I need Sonething to look forward to.

Sorry today is proving harder, sure you will get through it though. Think happy stirfried thoughts! Its odd how it works though - I thought that if I got through the first fast then all the others would be ok. That was until tuesday when it was much harder. Today is proving to be a doddle in comparison. Although I am so busy at work today food would have been an inconvenience I didn't have time for.

Think I need to be more planned and considered about up day menus. The canteen lunch yesterday was simply because I hadn't planned anything and wasn't even that nice. I think I will post a weekly menu when I am back from weekend away.

I think a lot of it must just depend on your state of mind on a given day. Something I find hard is having to go over to the canteen with the kids when I'm on a fast day. It's just sooooo much food in my face!
I took the kids for a walk this afternoon and felt much better but the hunger is kicking in now, I'm so far through the day though that I don't want to spoil it! I'm skipping uni tonight as it is about stuff I feel I know a considerable amount about (I'm not being arrogant there but if there are any I feel I can skip I will, but there aren't many). So gonna do a big clean, make stir fry then go in the bath with my book. Lovely!

Had my bath earlier than planned but it was good.
Was still ridiculously hungry after my tea even after a rest and so I had some grapes, so I'm about 50kcals over my 500 but I feel a lot more satisfied now so I'm not worried.

Lunch for tomorrow in oven and bag packed for boot camp, so glad Friday is nigh.

Yeh I did that when struggling the other day had a bath and early night to get away from all the tasty temptation! You have done well today a couple calories over on grapes is nothing. X

Thanks Laura, reckon it could've gone on worse stuff and it did really help. I do find I always feel like I want more after my evening meal on a fast day and it's harder to cope with than the hunger through the day as at least then you're working towards your evening meal, so early night can be the only way!

Boot camp today was seriously hard! Although i suspected it would be when he said the session was called scream! I have absolutely no upper body strength so press ups, planks and these burpee things were really hard! Still I'm glad I did it and can relax over the weekend! It was also the first time I didn't get nauseous because I have the last 2 times, I'm not sure it that us to do with fasting or not, we'll see on Monday.

I am now excited for breakfast, total 0%, with blueberries, honey and going to put a bit of muesli on top! Lunch is roasted veg with cous cous today as not had that in ages and want to be eating better on non fast days, even if tonight is take away as have the in laws round!

Hope you all have a good day. X

Back