Becktoria Brand New SF diary!

Oooh, "the scream"?? That sounds pretty hardcore! Glad you are enjoying it though. How long does it run for?

I find that once I have started eating in the evening is the hardest time too for alot of my fast days. I'm trying a 10am to 10am fast today and will be interested to see if that feels any easier.

Hope you are having a fab, and probably restful weekend after how busy you have been recently.

Yeh evenings are when I generally snack most so i find that part tough as I am used to grazing on stuff while watching tv in the evening! X

I try to have punnets of grapes around for grazing but that's no good on a fast day! At least if I go upstairs I'm away from the kitchen!

Weekend has been lovely, not too horrendous with food except Friday night but I feel yesterday I did well (although malteasers for lunch isn't great but I was at cinema). Today is another fast day, I'm trying to do 24 hours so 7pm yesterday to 7pm today. I hadn't planned this but didn't really want my breakfast after boot camp and didn't want it too late on, so decided to try this. I'm having the no carb caesar salad if originally planned for tea and then as a pudding gonna have a baked apple with blueberries, Greek yogurt (0%) and a teaspoon of honey. It all comes in as less than 500 kcal and I thought it might make the evening easier if I have Sonething more substantial. Today is going ok, I'm hungry but dealing with it and having a peppermint tea for lunch. If I can get by I may try this 24hr thing more often as I like the thought of a bigger tea!

How can u go all day with just one meal beck? Doesnt seem very good for ur body?! Not trying to b negative!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

No, you can do that on this plan, in the science bit it tells you why. For instance atomic has had get meal at 10am yesterday and not eaten again until 10am today (I think that is what she has meant). I'll be having the same calories as if I had a breakfast just all in one go. Tomorrow I'll eat totally normally.
I don't think you are being negative, just concerned!

Yeah just doesnt seem right! I dont think I could physically not eat for hours on end! Im on a pp day had a sw crisps banana and small kit kat and just had to have a bowl of fruit as im all shaky!

I was really worried about getting sickness, in the past I've felt really nauseous when very hungry, but that hasn't been a problem the days I've been doing this. I've found today easier than days I've had a breakfast.
I am really looking forward to my tea though.

I suppose if u dont feel ill doing it then theres no problem! What's for tea

Sounds good! Enjoy!

The Caesar salad was amazing, id happiky but I've cut my finger whilst trying to core my baked apple! Sad face, it's stopped bleeding now though, so apple is in the oven.

Ooh the apple was lush too! My bestest fast day so far. Feel satisfied too. I'm off in the bath and then bed just to make sure I don't get nibbly!

Glad u enjoyed it! One thing I find when I am on plan is I enjoy the treats so much more!

Glad you had a good weekend and feel a bit more in control of the food choices on up days now you are further into the plan :) Today's menu sounds really really nice. One my next full fast day I think I am going to try without breakfast to have a longer actual fast and get more calories for dinner. I think it would be easier to eat with OH that way, the poor thing is being a bit neglected two days a week, although I did donate my mum's delicious leftover chicken, leek and parmasan pie for his dinner yesterday and make him roast potatoes to go with it while I was fasting. If that's not true love I don't know what is!

Enjoy your bath and bed. Bed is my imminent plan for the evening as well. My weekend away as left me very very sleep deprived and I am very bad at lacking sleep.

Sarah - I was very sceptical about the whole fasting thing and was pretty terrified about how I would cope as I have pretty much avoided major hunger all my life but it really isn't that bad at all. You feel hungry at times but it genuinely doesn't affect your energy, your concentration or anything. I have found excising at the end of a fast day much easier too. There is some really sound science behind it, I don't think it would be for everyone but there aren't any dangers to restricting your food to a very low level a couple of days a week.

That does sound like a yummy day, I wish I liked salad as such a great low cal meal with huge varieties but I can't stand most raw veg :-(

Interested in trying the 24hour period thing rather than a full day if I decide to stick to the 5:2diet (still swithering between it and SF at the moment as both work for me so just deciding what I prefer) x

Hows today been beck?

Hope you've had a good day (non-fasting ones tend to be more fun ;) ). How is bootcamp going this week? Do you reckon you will keep going?

Hey guys, today been ok but rather stodgy due to pancake consumption! I'm not even mad keen but have eaten 4 throughout the day (1 the kids at school made and 3 this evening).
Did Zumba after work and it's the first time I've done it since starting boot camp, and I found it rather dull! I am enjoying boot camp and after the 6 weeks is up I intend to keep it up, I actually found myself thinking this morning that I prefer boot camp mornings to normal mornings, I seem to be more organised!
Tomorrow night we are going to an all you can eat buffet, this is rather naughty, especially as I'm missing WI for it but my boyf fancied it so I agreed. I plan to eat lightly through the day.

Sounds like a yummy day tomorrow! Perhaps just wi at home b4 u go!

Back