Becktoria's simply filling food diary

Becktoria79 said:
Of course not snakes and ladders. There's a few of us doing this plan and lots of dead good meal ideas on these pages!

Monday- day 1

B- porridge with skimmed milk, plums, rasnerries and natural yogurt.

L- pea, mint and bacon soup with ww petit pain

T- pork stir fry with brown egg fried rice

S- fruit!

X

What's the recipe for dinner hun? I fancy that for my dinner tonight xx

Hi do you mean the soup or stir fry? Stir fry is gonna be a bit experimental will use lean pork, stir fry veg and some soy sauce, chopped chilli, lime juice, ginger and coriander to flavour it, just as much of each to your taste!
I'll cook the brown rice, add some peas as it's nearly done. Drain it, return to heat and then pit an egg in and stir until egg cooks. Only done it once before ages ago so hopefully will work.
Xx

If you precook rice and let it cool before starting your dinner it makes a better fried rice. Stops any mushy rice happening ;)

I take it your from the north then??? :p when I said dinner, I meant your stirfry - I'm going to do this tonight and try the rice too :) Thanks for the tip Nomes xxx

My fella is from Sheffield and we have the daily debate about lunch/dinner/tea. We both confuse each other! xx

Thanks nomes! Mets I'm from Middlesbrough originally but have lived in Newcastle for last 9 years.
My boyfriend is from London and he calls it dinner and I think he means lunch! Haha it's always been my tea! Xxx

Becktoria79 said:
Thanks nomes! Mets I'm from Middlesbrough originally but have lived in Newcastle for last 9 years.
My boyfriend is from London and he calls it dinner and I think he means lunch! Haha it's always been my tea! Xxx

Lol it's funny isn't it? After nearly 4 years together, I still learn new words or sayings from him that leave me going "eh???" :D

I had chicken stirfry and egg fried rice - lush! Thanks for the inspiration xxx

Day 2

B- bagel topped with quark and bacon medallions

L- tuna salad

T- beef and onion braise (3pp) and jacket potato

S- fruit!

44pp left.

Yum! I love jacket potatoes - think ill have one this week x

Nomes said:
How do you do a baked potato in the microwave?

I've done it before and just put it in for about 15mins. They're much tastier in the oven though!

I just prick it a bit and shove it in for about an hour and a half. Usually does the trick!

Might add a petit pain to my salad as won't be having tea til very late. It's more bread though isn't it? Xx

Day 3

B- porridge, skimmed milk, fruit and natural yogurt.

L- pea, mint and bacon soup with ww petit pain, fruit

T- baked spring lemon chicken, new potatoes, steam veg
Baked banana and total 0%

Snacks - fruit, if hungry between work and tea crumpet with 1 laughing cow extra light

E- 45 mins - 1hr in the gym

Back