BeckyT's Food Diary

Your story sounds very similar to mine...

I got married in Oct 2010, prior to this I joined ww and lost a stone and a half and got down to around 10st 6lb. After the wedding I put all of my weight back on and a bit more desides. I joined SW around March 11 time and only stuck it out for about 3 weeks and I gave up... I still tried doing it from home to no avail and then i took myself back to class in June with my tail between my legs and it's the best thing ive ever done!

About 11 years ago I lost a similar amount of weight and got down to 9st 12'ish and I was sooooooo happy and felt fantastic! I've longed to get to 9st 6lb becuase and I knew I could do it as I'd done it before... it's 'just' a matter of getting your head into the right space and not giving up when you have a few knock backs

Tuesday 10th January - Red Day

Breakfast: Oat so simple with scan bran and skimmed milk. Just realised that I'm out of grapefruit which means I am going to have to have a trip out later today and leave the pooch home alone, not looking forward to the disaster zone when I get back :wave_cry:

Lunch: The last of my homemade roasted tomato and red pepper soup. I will be making a batch of roasted butternut squash and red pepper and chilli flake soup later today

Dinner: Smoked haddock served with carrots and swede, cabbage and broccoli

Syns today: 0.5
Syns for the week: 49.5

Last edited:
Change of plan on the lunch front as i remebered that I still had a kipper fillet in the fridge that needed to be eaten. This part of me 'introducing more fish into my diet!' I bought two fresh from the fsh counter as asda as i absolutley love smoked haddock and 12 months ago i would never have eaten it as i wrongly assumed i didnt like it... how wrong was I!

Anyway, i had the kipper, really not a fan so I wont go out of my way to buy any more! My last batch of soup will live to see another day however I think I will still make my next batch later this evening so I have some ready to go!

I had 2 slices of bread with the smelly kipper (HexB) with two tsp of thinly sliced butter 1 syn. I also had 42g of low low cheese after the bread just to help with the fish taste! (HexA)

Velvet crunch 4 syns

Syns today so far: 5.0
Syns for the week: 54.5

Last edited:
BeckyT said:
Your story sounds very similar to mine...

I got married in Oct 2010, prior to this I joined ww and lost a stone and a half and got down to around 10st 6lb. After the wedding I put all of my weight back on and a bit more desides. I joined SW around March 11 time and only stuck it out for about 3 weeks and I gave up... I still tried doing it from home to no avail and then i took myself back to class in June with my tail between my legs and it's the best thing ive ever done!

About 11 years ago I lost a similar amount of weight and got down to 9st 12'ish and I was sooooooo happy and felt fantastic! I've longed to get to 9st 6lb becuase and I knew I could do it as I'd done it before... it's 'just' a matter of getting your head into the right space and not giving up when you have a few knock backs

It's so good to know my story isn't the only one like it. Just hoping I see results. Seemed I put ON 1lb last week- my first week back on plan properly & I don't want get disheartened!
Fingers crossed!!!! :)

Nooooooooo don't get disheartened... Are you doing it from home or are you going to a class? What day do you get weighed?

Wednesday 11th January - Green Day

Breakfast: Had a change this morning.... 42g crunchy bran *tweak* Yes I know i should have had 35g however I only had 45g left in the bag when I weighed my cereal last night (i ate the other 3g last night... another *tweak*! I figured 42g instead of 35g wouldnt do me any harm when Ive been eating that quantity for the last 6 months!! I also had 1/4 chopped melon after (HexA & B)

Snack: pear & satsuma

Lunch: Roasted tomato and red pepper soup although it nearly wasnt!! I put some boiling water in my flask this morning to warm it up whilst i was heating up my soup and then I couldnt release the lid on my flask! Had to ring the hubby for ideas and he suggested using a rubber glove to grip it... guess what, it worked so soup it is! I will also be having a shape yoghurt 0.5 syn and an apple

I'd eaten all my fruit before 11am so I bought a pineapple snack box from Sainsburys at lunchtime!

Snack: 35g of can't believe it's not cheddar

Dinner: Quorn meatballs with pasta in a tomtoe sauce served with an Asda Pitta bread (Hexb)

Snack: Might have a bag of velvet crunch 4 syns

Syns today:4.5
Syns for the week:59

Last edited:
BeckyT said:
Nooooooooo don't get disheartened... Are you doing it from home or are you going to a class? What day do you get weighed?

Well- I have put on again!!! Weighed today!!! & I have been so good too!! :(
Not pleased but sticking with it. Gutted though!!!

Love2bSlim said:
Well- I have put on again!!! Weighed today!!! & I have been so good too!! :(
Not pleased but sticking with it. Gutted though!!!

Oh I'm sorry hun, it's not a great feeling is it? Do you have a diary in here? Might be worth starting one x

Thursday 12th January - Red Day

Breakfast: Oat so simple made with scan bran and skimmed milk (hexa & b) Stocked up on grapefruit yesterday so ive had 1/2 a pink grapefruit when i got to work ;)

Snack: Pear and satsuma, apple

Lunch: Roasted butternut squash & red pepper soup and shape yoghurt. I have brought my lunch to work with me however I know the team will be having a buffet lunch so I will resist... hopefully they will have ordered some fruit so I can bob in and eat some of that :D

Snack: adding a banana in, I am soooooooo bored its making me just want to eat rubbish... Roll on 4.30

Now adding a crunchie bar to the list and all because of boredom 9.5 syns

Dinner: Smoked haddock served with cauliflower, swede and what other veg I get on my way home from work

Syns today: 10
Syns for the week: 69.5

Last edited:
To add to my food diary today...

2 slices of peppered beef inside an asda wholemeal pitta (HEXb) with mayo 1 syn and tomato

4 x quality streets 10 syns

syns today: 20
Syns for the week: 79.5

To add to my food diary today...

2 slices of peppered beef inside an asda wholemeal pitta (HEXb) with mayo 1 syn and tomato

4 x quality streets 10 syns

syns today: 20
Syns for the week: 79.5

hi ther beckyt, well done on ur weightloss so far , just wondering if u could answer a question for me. i see that u use quiet alot of syns on one day and not many the rest of the week, am i allowed to bank my syns for the friday night treat within the weeks syns ?

Hi ya hun, thanks for stopping by..

Today is really a bit rare for me, ive really struggled with boredom and than makes me eat.

To answer your question I normally have around 40 syns over the weekend so I can enjoy a bottle of etc and then have the other 30 syns Monday - Friday. It seems to work for me

I usually have between 70 - 80 syns a week and tomorrow is the last day before WI so although I have had 20 today, I will still be alright for the week.

I guess my advice would be, see what works for you. Most of all, make slimming world for into your lifestyle. If you want to have more syns on a weekend and pull it back during the week then go right ahead! At least that way you are more likely to stay on plan

It's taken me 28 weeks to lose almost 3 stone and I have no intention of putting the weight back on!

Friday 13th January - Red Day

Well this is my last day before WI and im not sure what to expect. Part way through the week I was told I could move my target to my current weight however I havent really been trying to maintain since I found that out. That said, even though I have stayed within my weekly syns i felt like i ate for England yesterday which make me think i might weigh heavy?!?

Breakfast: Oat so simple made with scan bran and skimmed milk (HexA & B) 1/2 a pink grapefruit

Lunch: Pitta bread filled with ham off the bone and salad. 35g cheese (HexA & B) 1/2 tbsp pickle 0.5 syn

Dinner: Think I'm going to have an bacon omlette and tomatoes

Snack: 3 quality streets 7.5

Syns today 8
Syns for the week: 88

Last edited:
Saturday 14th January - Extra Easy

Had to weigh early and run as our dog had an operation yesterday so he can't be left alone. I've been awake most of the night with him so I'm shattered. Gained 0.5lb which I thought my have happened as I haven't been to the loo for 3 days this week, sorry if TMI

Breakfast: 2 x bacon, egg, beans, tons of mushrooms and half tin of toms

Snack: Christmas scan bran cake 3 syns. Banana, apple & pear

Dinner: Fish in breadcrumbs 4.5 syns with SW chips served with mushy peas mushrooms and a roasted tomato

Snack: Pineapple. I will be having some wine tonight however I dont know how much I'll manage as I'm soooo tired

Didnt even manage half a bottle of red... Poor effort me thinks!

Syns today 19.5
Syns for the week 19.5

Last edited:
Hey,
Just popping in to have a browse! Don't worry about that small gain, it will be off soon! I know what you mean about going to the toilet, I was the same this week before WI and within an hour of being home i had been twice!!! (TMI i'm sure lol)
Well done of your Weight Loss!! Yr doing so well xxx

Cai said:
Hey,
Just popping in to have a browse! Don't worry about that small gain, it will be off soon! I know what you mean about going to the toilet, I was the same this week before WI and within an hour of being home i had been twice!!! (TMI i'm sure lol)
Well done of your Weight Loss!! Yr doing so well xxx

Hi ya hun!

I'm 0.5lb above my target now. I seem to lose for a couple of weeks then have a small random gain. I'm just putting it down to be close to the bottom of my BMI range. I go on holiday in 9 WI's and I'd like to be at the bottom of my target range... We'll see if my body lets me!

Dont let your small gain bother you (easier said than done). You'll be back on the red days soon enough x

Hi ya hun!

I'm 0.5lb above my target now. I seem to lose for a couple of weeks then have a small random gain. I'm just putting it down to be close to the bottom of my BMI range. I go on holiday in 9 WI's and I'd like to be at the bottom of my target range... We'll see if my body lets me!

Dont let your small gain bother you (easier said than done). You'll be back on the red days soon enough x

I bet you get there! you must be so pleased with yr loss in general! Just think of that!!
Where r u going on holiday? Is it going to be a bikini holiday? I must say. i could loose another 6 stone I don;t think I would ever be confident enough to wear a bikini!!!:confused:

We are going to Lanzarote for two weeks, I'm taking loads of SW friendly food in my suitcase to keep me on track as I know I will blow my syns on alcohol

I am really pleased although I still don't like what I see when I look in the mirror. My legs are full of cellulite and they look horrid. I think I've jut for to accept that I will always have it and my legs will never be fantastic.

How does that saying go... You always want what you haven't got!!

Sunday 15th January - Red Day

Breakfast/Lunch: 2 x bacon, egg, mushrooms, 2 roasted tomatoes and tinned chopped tomatoes. Banana, apple & satsuma

Snack: scan bran christmas cake 3 syns (HEXb). 35g can't believe its not cheddar (Hexa)

Dinner: Pork chop served with carrot and swede mash with butterbud 0.5 syn, cabbage and cauliflower, gravy 2 syns

Snack strawberries and pineapple possibly with quark however I will have to check how long it keeps for as I'm going to be working away for the next 3 days

Syns today: 2.5
Syns for the week: 22

Last edited:
Well I'm having another half of scan bran cake as my other HEXb however after making it and popping it in the microwave the microwave broke... Gutted!

Luckily the hubby had an old one waiting in the wings so all was not lost!

Adding 3 syns for the cake - 25 in total

Back