BeckyT's WW Food Diary

Yea go for it. They have done one like that where I live its abit like race for life. I done that a few Yr ago and it makes you proud after....go for it x

sarahloub1 said:
Yea go for it. They have done one like that where I live its abit like race for life. I done that a few Yr ago and it makes you proud after....go for it x

How far did you walk when you did it? x

Was only 5k but at the time was at my fittest. If you can walk loads now you shud do it no problem....I'd do it if there was one here x

sarahloub1 said:
Was only 5k but at the time was at my fittest. If you can walk loads now you shud do it no problem....I'd do it if there was one here x

They do two, Manchester and London... I'll see which has the flattest course ;-) x

I'm not too far away from Manchester but far enough. I'm gonna look for next year something like that x

Def go for it!! :) something to aim for and something to be proud of.!! Xxx

Hi, been reading through your diary as I joined WW online last week and am a similar height/weight to what you were when you first started. I'm struggling knowing what to eat/buy so you are inspiring me with your menus. :)

Go for Shine... I was thinking of doing the marathon version, you'd 'walk' the half ;)

sparkledpixie said:
Hi, been reading through your diary as I joined WW online last week and am a similar height/weight to what you were when you first started. I'm struggling knowing what to eat/buy so you are inspiring me with your menus. :)

Go for Shine... I was thinking of doing the marathon version, you'd 'walk' the half ;)

Hello... It's lovely to know that people read my waffling!

Have you got a diary on here? I find it really helpful... I don't really know anyone at my group and it will be my 6th WI this week so it really helps to have minimins friends, they really do help to keep me on track!

I think I am defo gonna do it if my friend is up for it and I think she probably will do... Just need to decide whether its the half one or the full one ;-) x

BeckyT said:
Right ladies, I've just come across something that might sound a bit wacky but.... If my friend is up for it then I think I might do it....

There's a midnight walk that you can do in Manchester called Shine. You can either walk the half marathon or a full marathon next September. As you know I'm doing just over 4 miles a day during the week and on Saturday I did 7.5 miles so I'm thinking, I could 'easily' build up to 13 miles. I'd love to think about doing 26 miles but I'm a long, long way off of doing that

I really don't like running but I do enjoy walking so this would give me something to aim towards instead of just walking the dog

My friend would probably be up for it, she's away on the Lakes this week so I'll give her a call when she's back. She's only 5ft nothing so she only has little legs!

What do you think? x

Is this like the moonlight walk - in Hyde park in London? It's in your bra at midnight and I was thinking if doing it but I think it's earlier than September the bra one :) xx

Hello... It's lovely to know that people read my waffling!

Have you got a diary on here? I find it really helpful... I don't really know anyone at my group and it will be my 6th WI this week so it really helps to have minimins friends, they really do help to keep me on track!

I think I am defo gonna do it if my friend is up for it and I think she probably will do... Just need to decide whether its the half one or the full one ;-) x

Yep just set up my diary... Keeley's WW diary :)

You've got plenty of time to train for it, I did a half marathon run for charity a while ago and never thought I could do it... 3 months training later I finished it in just under 3 hours. Not a great time but I did it ;)

mrsgosling3 said:
Is this like the moonlight walk - in Hyde park in London? It's in your bra at midnight and I was thinking if doing it but I think it's earlier than September the bra one :) xx

I've heard of that one... This one is called 'shine'. This year it was early sept for Manchester and the end of September for London x

sparkledpixie said:
Yep just set up my diary... Keeley's WW diary :)

You've got plenty of time to train for it, I did a half marathon run for charity a while ago and never thought I could do it... 3 months training later I finished it in just under 3 hours. Not a great time but I did it ;)

If I can already do 7.5 miles I think the half marathon wouldn't be that difficult to achieve... I reckon the marathon distant would be more of a challenge, it's just such a big commitment!

I don't think I'd ever be able to running, I take my hat off to you! x

Well have a think about it I'm sure you will do well but at the same time don't push yourself too much where you will burn out. Nice and easy does it x

I'm hoping next year I'll of lost enough to be able to train for race for life :) I know race for life isn't as hard core but it would be a real achievement for me.

I'm hoping next year I'll of lost enough to be able to train for race for life :) I know race for life isn't as hard core but it would be a real achievement for me.

It's good to have something to aim towards isnt it? If my friend is up for it and I think we will do the marathon. Ive worked out that I would just need to increase my distance by 1.5 miles a month to be able to achieve the 26.2 miles which i think is do-able. I feel like I have a purpose now rather than just walking Alfie

How is Tim this morning? x

Morning all

Last full day before WI, I hope today goes by quickly!

Food for today will look something like this...

B: 30g porridge, scan bran and skimmed milk 7pp Satsuma 0pp

L: Home made soup 0pp, A warm petit pain with beef and horseradish 4pp, apple 0pp

Wotsits 2pp

D: Chicken cooked in a garlic bag. Need to buy the chicken yet so still need to weigh it but I'll say 7pp... Weighed the chicken and its 163g so that's 4pp 170g new potatoes 3pp, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli 0pp = 7pp

S: curly curly 3pp & a thortons choccy 2pp

25/26 dailies
32/49 weeklies used

Hoping to get another 4 miles in at lunchtime so that will be 31 miles this week :D

Last edited:
Good luck for your wi today Hun! Can't wait to hear how you got on xxx

eeeekkkk u sud so do the walk huni! after the weddin i want t start doin stuff like race for life! food looks good haha were both on count down for 6 tomorrow lol xxx

Ohh I was gonna have garlic in a bag tonight.....great minds x

thiswillbeit said:
Good luck for your wi today Hun! Can't wait to hear how you got on xxx

Just realised it's tomorrow. Sorry I left my brain in bed this morning, that walk sounds brill!x

Back