Big G to Great South Run Participant 2013

Sunning it up in Majorca, what's your excuse for not posting? Lol!

Holidaying as a single parent is tough. Mini me requires constant entrainment, then when I get rid of her to kids club, I am on my own. Which isn't much fun tbh. Still, friends arrive Tuesday with their two kids. At least then I will have some company

My excuse is I've had the outlaws staying with us for 10 days!!!!

Yep never been in the Wedge, I was into clubs & parties more than bands....

I am at 21st from 28st and still want to lose 4-5 stone. Which I am struggling to do!!

I've had a bad week celebrating my new job & went out for a friends birthday last night....Messy!!

WI is not gonna be good but back on it tomorrow!!

Sounds like your having fun in the sun, the weather here has been good today but it's gonna be cloudy all week....

Hope your not worrying to much about weight, your on holiday so enjoy yourself!!

As for being on your own, peace & quiet in the sun with a nice book & a cold beverage sounds like heaven....

Enjoy your hols, work in the morning for me :-(!! lol

I'm in Majorca, little chance of peace and quiet! Rather caught the sun today. Another single parent issue - depending on a 6 year old to sun cream my back! Off to water park tomorrow, may wear a t shirt. Child determined to spend every penny I have before end of day 3.

Where in Majorca are you?

My 5yo does my back on occasions but I use factor 50 (blue spray) so she can see what's covered....

T-shirt is always a must for a day at the waterpark & factor 50 applied every hour on the hour!!

You should have waited till your friends come over before doing the water park, it will be manic!! GOOD LUCK ;-)

We are in Alcudia. Yes will probably be mental but never mind. Never been to majorca before. Hadn't flown in years as thought I was terrified. Well I am terrified, but I am also fascinated and a bit of a plane spotting geek, so getting to fly on a brand spanking new 787 Dreamliner (that didn't catch fire) was pretty damn awesome.

Very tired and very sore. Struggling with pain issues again (day at the water park will fix that?!?). Beds really are sh!t!

Our friends are due to be joining us tomorrow. Friends who invited us to come along in the first place. Said friends have had a massive row. And currently they are not coming away. So very angry. We are only here because of them

Not going to let it run our holiday. Sod them, their loss

Have they come out????
I'd be absolutely fuming!!!!

Alcudia is the quiet area, Magaluf & Palma Nova are much busier....
But they are "Clubbing" area's and Alcudia is targeted at families....

Hope you had a great day at the water park....

I put on 6lb last night back to the Gym this morning & back on the diet today!!

A loss of 9lb is my target next week!!

Good luck! Yes they are here Thank goodness. Good afternoon with them in the pool. Not sure on plan tomorrow.

Will do. Beach tomorrow with rum and a picnic. Sounds messy!

Hello Pompey77Gav

I have signed up for Great South Run too, did it last year for the first time and really enjoyed it.
Was not bothered about the time I just wanted to finish it which I did, was really pleased as I had only ever run for a bus before!! It is a great feeling when you cross that finishing line are you running for a charity?

Well done down from 28st to 21st you must be so proud of yourself, and so you should be.

Good luck with the rest of your training may see you at the start line!

Take care.

Hi bin59,

Thank You for your post....

I am running for the "Sick Children's Trust" who provide free accommodation to family's of children in hospital....
My brother & sister in-law used their facilities at Leeds hospital when my nephew was ill. They provided 6 months of accommodation for free & that included a family room for 3 months....

My aim is to just get around but I have 2 hrs as a target. I am running with others & we've agreed to stick together so I'm relying on them to be up at my pace....

I will be a mess when I get over the finish line as I am a very emotional person & will need to use this to get around!!

You running for a Charity?

I have put us in for 1hr 50 to 1hr 55 time bracket so hopefully we'll be in the middle wave....

Hope your training goes well also & yes may see you somewhere on the course....!!

Good Luck

Gavin

Hi Pompey77Gav,

Yes am running for charity, last year my father died so I ran for the local hospice where he spent his last days. This year I am running for the Hampshire & IOW Air Ambulance.

I ran it in 1hr 53mins last year, was doing it on my own but got chatting at the start to another runner and we ran round together as we were about the same pace. My son and his mate have been running it for about 5 years, but don't think I could keep up with them so we meet up at finish line! As long as I finish I don't mind about time, if I beat last year that will be a bonus.

Am hoping to get out for another run on Saturday after work, am quite pleased the weather is cooling down in the evenings, I was finding it hard going running in that heat.

Good luck with the training, let us know how you are getting on.

Bin

Hi Bin,

1hr 53min would be a great time for me....

My sister is also doing it & 2 years ago she did it in 1hr 39min....

I am struggling with gout at the mo. no training & struggling to walk....:-(

10 weeks to go so need to up my training not have a break....lol!!

Medication & watching my diet and I hope it goes & quickly!!

Gav

Hi Gav

Oh no gout that's not good, poor you I have heard it is quite painful. Have to be careful when you start training again as you don't want to overdo it.

My son was about the same time as your sister last year.

I am finding the running hard going at the moment not sure if it is the weather or me getting a bit bored, will have to stick some different tracks on my ipod so have a different playlist to run to!

Got weigh in tonight not looking forward to it as I know I have put on, am going on holiday in November so would like to lose a bit more before then.

Hope the gout goes soon and you are able to get back to training.

Good luck

Bin.

Evening,

6.5lb off this week....:D, happy days!!

Gout been off/on this week so managed a few days training....

Off work tomorrow, so hoping to get a long run in!!

Evening All,

Started a new diary to focus my mind it's called "10 Weigh In's to GSR2013"....

Please come & join me there!!

Gavin

Last edited:
Will do. .. post a link!

No sure how to post a link as I'm on my phone....:-(

If you click on my name to go into my profile & then click on threads started by me, my new page show be one of the top 2....

Back