Biggest loser bars not ok

karenlisa

Hi all i did Exante in Jan but made excuses and stopped been back on since Mon and going well, my problem is i'am going to run out of stock soon, i can't stand the soups so do the bars and shakes, it really annoys me that i can't buy bumper pack of just these 2 products. Anyway having read on her that the biggest loser bars were ok i thought i would buy the big shake pack and buy the bars. I have spoken to Exante and the have said it is NOT ok to replace one of your pack with a biggest loser bar, they said its down to the nutritien etc. Just wanted to let others know as i was ready to do it.

Really? That's not what they said a couple of weeks ago. They said last time that they were contacted that they WERE ok. Did they say what part of the nutritional bit was allegedly wrong?? Cos I certainly can't see anything very different

Hmmm the cynic in me wonders if they've changed their tune because were having them and therefore cutting back on an Exante pack every day. Why allow someone elses bars when it means people don't buy yours (most of the diet companies watch Minimins - have they seen the number of posts from people trying BL bars?)

Personally I'm sticking with the BL bars. Calorie wise they're identical and carb wise they're fine. Like I said maybe I'm just cynical but I'm very suspicious of such a turn around from them

Yes i spoke to them this morning, they basically said because its not from a vlcd it could replace a pack as it wouldn't contain all the vitimans nutrients etc needed. The lady was very helpful, i suggested they should do the bumper packs with shakes and bars or soups and bars as there seems to be alot of people who would prefer it that way. I have ordered the shakes pack but it annoys me to have to then pay an extra £2 something per bar.

I'm still not convinced to be honest since the bars are meal replacement bars. As I said the last time Exante were contacted they said it was ok to use them. Maybe now they're realising that sanctioning another companies products isn't smart ;) I do wonder if she knows what the ingredients are. I'm off out for the day but I think I'll email them tonight and enclose exactly the ingredients of the 2 bars and ask for a 3rd opinion

At least though people know they've done a big u turn and can decide what they want to do :)

Having looked again at the ingredients in both bars I honestly can't see any great difference. Personally for now anyway I'm
going to stick with them x

Really? That's not what they said a couple of weeks ago. They said last time that they were contacted that they WERE ok. Did they say what part of the nutritional bit was allegedly wrong?? Cos I certainly can't see anything very different

Hmmm the cynic in me wonders if they've changed their tune because were having them and therefore cutting back on an Exante pack every day. Why allow someone elses bars when it means people don't buy yours (most of the diet companies watch Minimins - have they seen the number of posts from people trying BL bars?)

Personally I'm sticking with the BL bars. Calorie wise they're identical and carb wise they're fine. Like I said maybe I'm just cynical but I'm very suspicious of such a turn around from them

Couldn't agree more!!!!!

xx

It's a bit worrying that different people get told different things, it will be interesting to see how they reply to your email. I really hope it's ok to have them as i split my bar through the day and find it really helps, not sure how i'am going to cope on shake only.
I think with alot of these companies it's all about the money money!
I have 'messed' with exante before and have had low weigh loss so am nervous to try it.

Thing is, it's not just about cals, carbs, sugar contents etc it's also about all the vitamin, mineral and such like contents which are vital on a VLCD.
I am surprised, to be honest, that Exante ever said it was ok to use/combine other products. They are a business, why on earth would they 'recommend' other products? Aside from that, personally for me, I wouldn't want to risk not losing the maximum amount of weight by mixing plans. BL products do not contain all your recommended daily allowence of these vital ingredients which is the very reason why you have to have a balanced meal also.....
If BL is more convenient for you to use, why not just use that plan.

Thing is, it's not just about cals, carbs, sugar contents etc it's also about all the vitamin, mineral and such like contents which are vital on a VLCD.
I am surprised, to be honest, that Exante ever said it was ok to use/combine other products. They are a business, why on earth would they 'recommend' other products? Aside from that, personally for me, I wouldn't want to risk not losing the maximum amount of weight by mixing plans. BL products do not contain all your recommended daily allowence of these vital ingredients which is the very reason why you have to have a balanced meal also.....

For me it wasn't about convenience or wanting to go off plan it was about wanting one bar a day and not having to top up my bumper pack and nearly doubling the cost.

This is true.... You actually don't have to have the bars on the Exante plan AT ALL, as far as I'm aware, but you do need an extra soup or shake to make up the nutritional content.

It's pretty important when you are on such a low cal diet to have the proper nutrients going into your body or things will start to go wrong.

This is true.... You actually don't have to have the bars on the Exante plan AT ALL, as far as I'm aware, but you do need an extra soup or shake to make up the nutritional content.

It's pretty important when you are on such a low cal diet to have the proper nutrients going into your body or things will start to go wrong.

That surely defeats the purpose? Wouldn't you then be having an extra 200 calories a day? I guess it might be fine if people need an extra something on some days but i was hoping to have one every day and only 2 exante packs.:confused:

maybe there not too concerned with the dieting side but the money side if they said its ok how many would stop buying there bars and buy others instead they d be out of pocket id try one and check if its knocks you out of ketosis

That surely defeats the purpose? Wouldn't you then be having an extra 200 calories a day? I guess it might be fine if people need an extra something on some days but i was hoping to have one every day and only 2 exante packs.:confused:

I think what Hannata meant was that you can have any 3 products on the plan, for example shakes are not a must, you could have 2 soups and a bar or just 3 soups. Some like just the shakes so just have 3 a day or 2 and a bar. So all in all bars are not a necessity given the combinations.

The only thing we cant do is have 3 bars a day as the carb count is higher. xx

I think what Hannata meant was that you can have any 3 products on the plan, for example shakes are not a must, you could have 2 soups and a bar or just 3 soups. Some like just the shakes so just have 3 a day or 2 and a bar. So all in all bars are not a necessity given the combinations.

The only thing we cant do is have 3 bars a day as the carb count is higher. xx

Thanks i re read it and thought i might have taken it the wrong way, having a blonde moment!:)

Thanks i re read it and thought i might have taken it the wrong way, having a blonde moment!:)

Haha I have many of them and don't even have the excuse of actually being blonde lol xx

Isnt it just COMMON SENSE that a company like Exante arent going to say its fine to use other products?
YES, Exante works but at the end of the day its a business. Same as Boots wouldnt send you to Superdrug!

If you compare an Exante bar and a BL bar side by side they're different by the TEENIEST amount. Do you REALLY think thats going to be the difference between you losing weight and not?

Another thing id question is that if Exante is so amazing and nuritionally complete, why do some people lose their hair?!
Im just playing devils advocate a bit here, but use your common sense, people.

Isnt it just COMMON SENSE that a company like Exante arent going to say its fine to use other products?
YES, Exante works but at the end of the day its a business. Same as Boots wouldnt send you to Superdrug!

If you compare an Exante bar and a BL bar side by side they're different by the TEENIEST amount. Do you REALLY think thats going to be the difference between you losing weight and not?

Another thing id question is that if Exante is so amazing and nuritionally complete, why do some people lose their hair?!

Easy tiger!
Iam neither a dietician or a nutritionist so no i don't think its common sense!

its calorie deficit not vitamin deficit. If you are going to lose your hair (some people dont) you will lose it with any VLCD.

Quote the website:
For those who use a VLCD over a period of time hair shedding can be a natural and temporary side effect. This is because a shortage of calories can cause the body to slow hair regrowth, this will return to normal following the reintroduction of conventional food.

Last edited:
I think it's an individual choice at the end of the day but I do agree it's probably a profit thing now exante has changed it's mind.
I personally wouldn't be too worried with the slight difference in vitamins coz when I was eating real food I bet I was nowhere near having the recommend amount of vitamins per day and I didn't die!!!
So for me, just to have my 2 pence worth ;) if I fancy a BL bar I'll have one, if it makes the diet easier for me then great, I'll not have cheated and I certainly don't think it would slow weight loss as your having the same calories!
Again it's a personal thing and that's just my opinion x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i think if youre brave enough to test it and it hasnt had any effect on you, then its fine. its like citric acid and normal diet coke... when i was on south beach diet it had no effect on me and it was ketogenic, however i dont want to try to have normal diet coke as i dont want to ruin things.. even though i dont believe it had an effect on me on other ketosis diets.

Back