Blimp to Bombshell: RawrGirl's Weight Loss Diary

RawrGirl uses Microsoft Excel to track her food. She has done this for months, possibly years, and is quite pleased with it, as she can track her net carbs, add make whatever caloric goal she pleases. RawrGirl likes Excel. Excel does not wig out on her. Excel is her friend. RawrGirl apologizes to Excel for being seduced by the evil seductress, My Fitness Pal, and hopes that she is forgiven and that Excel will take her back without any hard feelings.

DIET

Breakfast: Protein Shake

Lunch: Protein Shake

Dinner: Grilled Chicken with butter and Parmesan cheese / Bacon, jalepeno cream cheese quesadilla

FITNESS

Strength Training: Lower Body

Cardio: Figure Skating (60 minutes)

Flexibility: 20 min. Stretch Routine

Hangs head in shame at lack of organisation and control* I am in awe*

Hangs head in shame at lack of organisation and control* I am in awe*

Yesterday was unusual in its almost 100% accomplishment (figure skating was suppossed to be for 90 minutes, but RawrGirl was running late. As you can see from today...not so good.

RawrGirl's Unplanned 5-Hour Exercise Today

TYPICAL DAY

7:45 -- take Prince Charming to work / take son to school
8:15 -- drink protein shake / write or play on comp / take nap
11:00 -- 12:30 Ice Skate
1:00 -- Weights and Stretching
1:45 -- protein shake / write or play on comp
3:30 -- pick son up from school
4:00 -- write or play on comp
5:00 -- pick up Prince Charming from work
5:30 -- cook and eat dinner
6:30 -- write or play on comp / watch TV with fam / read snuggled with Prince Charming
10:00 -- read in bed
11:00 lights out (unless I read until midnight or 1:00 which tends to lead to the morning nap)

TODAY:

7:45 -- take son to school
8:15 -- crawl back into bed with Prince Charming and play on MiniMins
8:45 -- fall back to sleep (had lots of dreams last night due to stupid Nicotine patch)
10:15 -- wake up stuff
10:45 -- drink protein shake as drive Prince Charming to work, fill car with gas, drive to ice rink
11:15 -- 12:30 -- Figure Skate
12:30 -- Driver to Walmart
1:00 -- Food Shopping
3:00 -- Put food away, break up ground beef and chicken into freezer bags, put all groceries away
3:50 -- Sit on sofa exhausted, drink protein shake (on a typical day RawrGirl has sat on bum from 8:15 -- 4:00 save for skating and workout)
4:00 -- Fall asleep on sofa
5:00 -- get email that broken link on business website, fix issue and update with complicated ftp
6:00 -- time to pick up son from soccer
6:30 -- grab son something to eat (RawrGirl eats cheese and pepperoni off 1/8 slice of pizza)
7:00 -- drive to school for Parent Back to School Night
9:00 -- pick up Prince Charming from work on way home from school
9:30 -- make 1/2 size dinner (small wrap / 2 oz chicken / bits of cheese)
10:00 -- shower
10:30 -- play on Minimins
11:00 -- read Poirot, fall asleep

Nothing (save for the privvy) has been excluded from this list. The plan had been to do weights and stretching after putting groceries away, but was too tired. RawrGirl is not used to being on her feet for 5 straight hours (10:45 -- 3:50), and then walking to and from 8 classrooms to meet tons of teachers for 2 hours.

RawrGirl is tired. RawrGirl hopes everyone had a great day, and hopes they will forgive for not catching up with everyone this morning. Hugs and thank you's to everyone who stopped by.
She promises to catch up tomorrow! Sleep well to all!

:grouphugg::thankyou:

Aw, poor you. Don't beat yourself up, sometimes we all have tired days. I know I do! Hope you had a good night's sleep and that you have a bit more energy today.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

RawrGirl! I'd like some advice :) I'm wanting to start some cardio/strength training at home...does this sound like a good starting plan? :) Circuit Workout - Strength and Cardio Calorie-Burning Circuit Workout

Circuit Training is an awesome routine. That is how RawrGirl does it too, jumping from one move to the next. Since the link you sent is both upper and lower body workouts, just do it every other day. Muscles always need to a rest day inbetween to rest, (heal and grow stronger) so probably Mon, Wed, Fri. RawrGirl suggests doing one circuit for the first week to make sure you are not sore. Then Week 2 (or whenever you are not sore) thru Week 5 do 2 circuits. Then Weeks 6-8 do 3 circuits. Then Weeks 9-12 do 4 circuits.

RawrGirl would def just walk up the steps (not run), until maintenance (off the VLCD). She plans saving higher-intensity cardio for maintenance so her body doesn't get more calories and decide to store them.

Sound good?

Yea, I am fine. Abit hectic today as Prince Charming went in late again.

Dreamed about food all night long, lol. Is that normal for being on a VLCD?

It started with a dream about this Sunday, when I am going to an Indian restaurant for the first time. I don't really like curry, and I don't want to get knocked out of Ketosis with something I don't even enjoy. So anyway, I dreamed about this, and not finding something I reallly liked, and then I was in the mall eating half a pizza while I walked around (have never ate pizza while walking, lol) and had already eaten 2 slices before I thought to offer some to my mom who was with me. Then I passed a candy shop that was selling fudge covered oreos and I was trying to decide between buying 1 or 3. And then, told my mom that the pizza was just to hold me over and that we should go get lunch and I wanted something with fries to dip in cheese and fudge cake.

So the thing that is really odd about it is that you'd think I woke up famished and that's why I dreamed about food. But I woke up as normal as always, had my first shake and took all my vits, took my typical morning nap, then went ice skating, then came home and did my weights and mini-stretch routine (as I just didn't feel like doing more), and then had my second shake.

Oh...but on a good note, the dream made me look up the restaurant we are going to, and I decided I will have lamb kebobs. I don't think that will knock me out of ketosis as there is no sauce, so I am very relieved, and glad I looked up the menu. :D

I dream of food almost every night. Usually involves me eating and then panicking because I forgot I wasn't meant to eat. Like you I wake up satisfied though!

Yay for menus online! Seriously, how did we cope without the Internet?!

Glad you've had a good day. X

What RawrGirl learned from Atkins

Though RawrGirl is no longer doing Atkins (eating all the calories/fat she wants), she learned quite a bit from it and wanted to share.

RawrGirl learned that fat is not the enemy. That was actually very nice. And diabetes runs in RawrGirl's family on both sides, so learning the dangers of sugar and carbs was very cool too. Over the period of a year and a half that she did Atkins, she learned that she could go a whole weekend and even a month without pizza. This may sound stupid, but RawrGirl did not think that was actually possible.

RawrGirl also learned that she could go ALL week (Mon-Thurs) without sweets. That took even longer than the pizza. Every diet in the past revolved around what low-cal/low-fat dessert she would eat at night. So many times on a 1200 cal diet, she was left with about 900 calories a day. Sometimes even less, if her day also revolved around her coffee (RawrGirl likes her coffee VERY creamy and sweet).

And probably most importantly, RawrGirl actually learned to eat vegetables. Before Atkins, the only vegetables that RawrGirl ever ate was onion on her burgers or with steak. (RawrGirl was traumatized as a child, particularly by a raw green pepper incident, but that's for another post...)

Somehow, Atkins encouraged RawrGirl to try different vegetables. She looked up several recipes, watched cooking shows (particularly she was on a MasterChef Australia kick at the time), and discovered there are tons of vegetables not that she can just tolerate, but LOVES. No one was as surprised as RawrGirl.

VEGETABLES RAWRGIRL LOVES:

zucchini and summer squash -- in a bake with egg, mayonnaise, and Parmesan cheese
spinach -- esp with cream cheese and topped with Parmesan cheese
asparagus -- with sour cream, sour cream and Swiss cheese
Grilled onions and peppers (even green peppers)
mushrooms -- stuffed with cream cheese
winter squash -- but she doesn't eat often as they are high in carbs

VEGETABLES RAWRGIRL WILL EAT

cauliflower -- made as mashed potatoes with all the toppings (bacon, cheddar, chives, garlic, butter)
brussel sprouts -- cooked and smothered in cheddar cheese
green beans -- topped with cheddar cheese, and sometimes sour cream

VEGETABLES RAWR GIRL STILL HATES

carrots -- cooked or raw, bleck!
tomatoes
lima beans

*RawrGirl has always enjoyed corn on the cob and tolerated peas, but as they are high carb, she has always considered them carbs, not veggies, and thus usually avoids.

RawrGirl's Recipes: Cordon Blue Chicken Quesadilla & Sour Cream Swiss Asparagus Bake

Ok, so RawrGirl's dinner is so delicious tonight, she just had to share:

CORDON BLUE CHICKEN QUESADILLA (1 serving) Calories: 395

Ingredients:

Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Wrap
.5 oz diced ham
1 slice 2% Swiss Cheese
1 TB light sour cream
4 oz chicken strips (i use pre-cooked)
garlic power (optional)
olive oil spray

Directions:

Heat up chicken on med heat (spray pan with olive oil)
When chicken is hot, sprinkle in ham / heat for additional minute or two
Spray one side of wrap, then sprinkle with garlic powder
In another pan, lay wrap sprayed side down down
On one half of quesadilla, add chicken/ham mixture, then top with cheese
On the other half, spread sour cream
Put on a lid, wait 2-5 minutes until cheese melts

Fold in half, cut into 3 triangles, and enjoy!

SOUR CREAM ASPARAGUS BAKE (makes 2 servings) Calories: 150 per serving

Ingredients:

1 can asparagus (i use spears and tips), drained
1/4 cup sour cream
2 TB real bacon bits
1.5 slice 2% Swiss Cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 (F)
Dump drained asparagus into small baking dish
Add sour cream and bacon bits, stir gently
Top with Swiss Cheese

Bake 20 minutes, and serve immediately!

If anyone is interested in the carb count, I can add that (it's very low), so let me know. But I'm mainly counting calories now, as I am on a VLCD.

I should not have read this! Starving now! Sounds lovely. Roll on healthy BMI so I can eat again.

Hello rawrgirl! Love ur diary! Glad Uve had a good day, tea sounds good!! Xx

I should not have read this! Starving now! Sounds lovely. Roll on healthy BMI so I can eat again.

RawrGirl apologizes! Does one lose faster on an all-liquid 800 calorie VLCD verses a includes a meal VLCD?

RawrGirl figures that for her, it is better to do shakes for breakfast and lunch, and eat a healthy low-cal dinner so that her body doesn't forget what food is and stores it all as fat once she reintroduces it again. She also heard eating revs up one's metabolism just to digest food. *shrugs*

Of course, everyone must do what works for them. RawrGirl won't even know if this works for her or not till the end of the month when she tries on the jeans from her evil avatar pic.

RawrGirl loves her new friend, squishy, and can easily refrain from posting recipes (or only posting them on the recipe thread) if that is more supportive! :)

I dream of food almost every night. Usually involves me eating and then panicking because I forgot I wasn't meant to eat. Like you I wake up satisfied though!

Yay for menus online! Seriously, how did we cope without the Internet?!

Glad you've had a good day. X

Very cool. Glad I am not weird, lol.

Back