Blimp to Bombshell: RawrGirl's Weight Loss Diary

Diet/Fitness Entry

DIET

Breakfast: Protein Shake

Lunch: Protein Shake

Dinner: Grilled chicken with ham and Swiss cheese quesadilla & Sour Cream and Swiss cheese asparagus bake

FITNESS

Strength Training: Upper Body

Cardio: Figure Skating (90 minutes) -- first time to do 3x in a week since December when RawrGirl was practicing being a mermaid in the Christmas Performance (Peter Pan on Ice)

Flexibility: 10 min. Stretch Routine (was feeling lazy, so cut routine in half)

RawrGirl said:
RawrGirl apologizes! Does one lose faster on an all-liquid 800 calorie VLCD verses a includes a meal VLCD?

RawrGirl figures that for her, it is better to do shakes for breakfast and lunch, and eat a healthy low-cal dinner so that her body doesn't forget what food is and stores it all as fat once she reintroduces it again. She also heard eating revs up one's metabolism just to digest food. *shrugs*

Of course, everyone must do what works for them. RawrGirl won't even know if this works for her or not till the end of the month when she tries on the jeans from her evil avatar pic.

RawrGirl loves her new friend, squishy, and can easily refrain from posting recipes (or only posting them on the recipe thread) if that is more supportive! :)

When it comes to VLCDs, this is the only one I've ever done so I'm not very knowledgeable! I know that each shake is approx. 141cal and I have 3 a day. Because the shakes contain all essential nutrients for the day, they maximise the calorie deficit, hence the speedy weightloss. It will be interesting (ok, super-exciting!) to see your results at the end of the month! I suppose then we can compare.

There is a strict "refeeding" plan once you reach goal (or want/need to take a break) which introduces food slowly back to your diet, starting with proteins, which prevents you from gaining up to 7lb of water overnight! Then there is a maintenance plan with slightly different shakes and bars which helps you to maintain and possibly lose a little more weight.

I think your plan sounds great as you don't feel too deprived of food yet still lose weight. And it seems to be working really well for you! My downfall with diets in the past has been cheating, gorging, self-sabotage, rewarding my weight-loss with food! With this diet, of course I could cheat but for some reason, because it's strict and the results are encouraging, I've stuck with it. I definitely have an addiction to food and I suppose going cold-turkey is my best chance of losing weight, if that even makes sense? I really admire your will power and structure. If I made that quesadilla I know I would keep piling on the cheese and sour cream because I "deserved" it for being "good" all day!

Please don't stop posting your recipes! I enjoy reading them and look forward to trying them when i'm eating again!

Hope you slept well and have a great day. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

When it comes to VLCDs, this is the only one I've ever done so I'm not very knowledgeable! I know that each shake is approx. 141cal and I have 3 a day. Because the shakes contain all essential nutrients for the day, they maximise the calorie deficit, hence the speedy weightloss. It will be interesting (ok, super-exciting!) to see your results at the end of the month! I suppose then we can compare.

That sounds awesome! Esp since we are same height and weight!

I think your plan sounds great as you don't feel too deprived of food yet still lose weight. And it seems to be working really well for you!

RawrGirl *hopes* it is working for her. She hasn't checked her measurements in 2 weeks. Not sure if she should tomorrow or not. She fears that if no inches are lost, she will be really depressed and eat pizza. If she has lost, it would be really VERY encouraging, but as she's not discouraged since she can only assume a VLCD works, she is not sure if she should hold off till the end of the month. :/ [/QUOTE]

My downfall with diets in the past has been cheating, gorging, self-sabotage, rewarding my weight-loss with food! With this diet, of course I could cheat but for some reason, because it's strict and the results are encouraging, I've stuck with it. I definitely have an addiction to food and I suppose going cold-turkey is my best chance of losing weight, if that even makes sense? I really admire your will power and structure. If I made that quesadilla I know I would keep piling on the cheese and sour cream because I "deserved" it for being "good" all day!

RawrGirl doesn't have that problem during the week...but def on the weekend. For being "good" all week, she would usually end up undoing everything she did all week. That's what she like about Ketosis. It makes RawrGirl really think about the consequences of going out of Ketosis (losing up to 4 diet days just to get back in).

Please don't stop posting your recipes! I enjoy reading them and look forward to trying them when i'm eating again!

Hope you slept well and have a great day. X

Ok, lol. And you too!

RawrGirl is ECSTATIC!!!

Ok, so as you all know, RawrGirl does not have access to a scale at the moment. And RawrGirl was debating on whether or not to take her measurements or not tomorrow versus waiting till the end of Sept. So she got the idea to forgo measurements and instead try on the size 10 jeans from the evil avatar pic (to fit in them is her September Challenge goal).

And they FIT!!!!
:bliss:

No muffin top....even when she sits down!!!

These barely fit RawrGirl in April when she was her lowest 2012 weight: 147

(They didn't even fit well last Friday when she tried them on!)

The last time they fit well was at her lowest weight in 2011: 143

Does this mean RawrGirl is 143lb????

In 2011 at 143 , RawrGirl was at her lowest weight since 1998: 138

It took RawrGirl months and months on WW jogging 3-5x a week up to 3 miles a day to get to 143 in 2011. On a VLCD, it took her one month and she hasn't jogged once!

RawrGirl is very happy! :D

What is very exciting is that usually around 147 or so (after spending months and months of running and dieting to lose the first 20lbs), RawrGirl is burned out from all the diet and exercise and takes a break, which results in gaining 10-20 pounds back over the fall and winter holidays. But RawrGirl is not burned out. And if RawrGirl is 147, she is at her lowest weight in 14 years...

RawrGirl can actually SEE reaching her goal a realistically possibility. It almost makes her want to cry...failing to accomplish something after 14 years of trying can really get one discouraged! RawrGirl is in love with VLCDs!

Wow wow wow! This is incredible! I am so delighted for you. I really wish I wasn't so obsessed with scales and numbers!

You have reminded me that I have an old pair of Diesel jeans in the wardrobe that I haven't worn since I got married (140-145lbs). I'm not going near them yet but will dig them out when I'm nearing goal maybe.

Hope you are strutting around in said jeans and shaking your less than ample booty! Yay for vlcd's X

Wow wow wow! This is incredible! I am so delighted for you. I really wish I wasn't so obsessed with scales and numbers!

You have reminded me that I have an old pair of Diesel jeans in the wardrobe that I haven't worn since I got married (140-145lbs). I'm not going near them yet but will dig them out when I'm nearing goal maybe.

Hope you are strutting around in said jeans and shaking your less than ample booty! Yay for vlcd's X

Thanks so much! Yea, RawrGirl is chuffed! But no, not strutting around in them, she is lazily sitting around in her comfy yoga pants which she wears all day long. However, it means that on Sunday when going to Indian restaurant and museum in Philly to see the Dead Sea Scrolls, RawrGirl WILL be able to wear them. This makes her very happy as she didn't think she had anything to wear. :D

PS -- Prince Charming hiding the scales is the BEST thing that ever happened to RawrGirl. She freaked out for first 2-3 months, but then buckled under and started diet and she has NO regrets. She highly recommends it!

PPS -- RawrGirl digging out the Diesel jeans, try them on and possibly take a pic. Then, ignore scale (of have someone hide it!) and just stick to VLCD for 2 weeks and try them on again. If they don't fit, take another pic to mark the changes, then do it for another 2 weeks. After 4 weeks, they will probably fit!

Last edited:
RawrGirl said:
Thanks so much! Yea, RawrGirl is chuffed! But no, not strutting around in them, she is lazily sitting around in her comfy yoga pants which she wears all day long. However, it means that on Sunday when going to Indian restaurant and museum in Philly to see the Dead Sea Scrolls, RawrGirl WILL be able to wear them. This makes her very happy as she didn't think she had anything to wear. :D

PS -- Prince Charming hiding the scales is the BEST thing that ever happened to RawrGirl. She freaked out for first 2-3 months, but then buckled under and started diet and she has NO regrets. She highly recommends it!

You are going to look fab on Sunday. Are you meeting friends? I hope they notice! That's always a lovely feeling. I'm avoiding my best friend (the bride to be) until the end of the month so that she'll hopefully see a big difference in me by then! )I've told her I'm losing weight but not how as she's a personal trainer and would FREAK!)

Are you from Philly? I was there when I was young visiting relatives. My family lived in NJ for 3 years and I love the US. If I wasn't such a home-bird I'd move in a heartbeat.

Ooh, I don't know if I could live without my dear scales! I admire you and Prince Charming! Unfortunately I get weighed weekly at the pharmacy where I collect my shakes, it's part of the "service". They probably want to make sure I don't become underweight, ha ha ha!!

Just saw your PPS and will dig the jeans out tonight and take a hideous "before" shot. Just for you. I have insanely hideous before shots of me in nothing but my underwear that I forced my hubby to take. I was shocked (especially by my back boobs that I didn't even know existed) but it was totally necessary. Looking forward to my "after" photo shoot though!

Just saw your PPS and will dig the jeans out tonight and take a hideous "before" shot. Just for you. I have insanely hideous before shots of me in nothing but my underwear that I forced my hubby to take. I was shocked (especially by my back boobs that I didn't even know existed) but it was totally necessary. Looking forward to my "after" photo shoot though!

Just for RawrGirl??? Lol. You will be glad you have them. It is soooo helpful to SEE how far you've come. Of course, RawrGirl hid/hides from camera any chance she can, and never even thought to take before pics of herself. Now, she wishes she did. Evil avatar pic is pretty chunky though...and that was taken in April (around 155?) and that outfit fit just like that not 2-4 weeks ago, and now those jeans fit. She will try and find pics of herself at 172ish...sigh...I know my mother-in-law has one from Christmas, and somewhere on my comp is one from a church New Year's event.

BTW, RawrGirl loves her friend squishy! She makes dieting fun!

RawrGirl said:
Just for RawrGirl??? Lol. You will be glad you have them. It is soooo helpful to SEE how far you've come. Of course, RawrGirl hid/hides from camera any chance she can, and never even thought to take before pics of herself. Now, she wishes she did. Evil avatar pic is pretty chunky though...and that was taken in April (around 155?) and that outfit fit just like that not 2-4 weeks ago, and now those jeans fit. She will try and find pics of herself at 172ish...sigh...I know my mother-in-law has one from Christmas, and somewhere on my comp is one from a church New Year's event.

Oh yes, I'm chief photographer in my family, not just because I live photography, but it means I can hide behind the camera! I plan to have lots of before and after pics on minimins though as I know how much it inspires me to see them.

RawrGirl said:
BTW, RawrGirl loves her friend squishy! She makes dieting fun!

Aw! Squishy loves RawrGirl too. We make great distractions for each other! X

RawrGirl: 172lb

Ok, so RawrGirl is pathetic as she just spent the last several hours scouring her facebook friends' photos in search of herself at highest ever weight. She is hiding behind people in every shot except these two! She has emailed her mother-in-law who has fattest pic of her ever...and hopefully she will email that pic to RawrGirl later today.

For now...this is RawrGirl at 172, January 2010 having put on 25 pounds in 3 1/2 months when she quit smoking (and decided that eating peppermint patties every time she wanted a cigarette would help with the cravings -- dumb RawrGirl!):

Before3.jpg

And this is RawrGirl in April 2010, still weighing 172 despite dieting (WW). She spent Jan -- Apr sitting in the cold in her car in the gym parking lot (she had a membership) for 2 hours every morning, feeling sorry for herself at how fat she was. Did RawrGirl mention she hated cardio? To explain: She had moved 40 minutes away from son's school and he started school at 8. Her job was around the corner from his school and started at 10. So she sat in the gym parking lot and read or slept or wrote for 3 months. Ironically the VERY first day (April) it wasn't cold, she drove to a park with a track and started jogging. By May, she was down 10lb to 162. By September (her wedding) she was down to 150...jogging every morning and doing WW.

Anyway...this pic was taken April 11...so she is somewhere between 172-168:

Before2.jpg

Silly RawrGirl thought turning to her side would make her look thinner. As you can see, RawrGirl didn't update her wardrobe to fit her gained-weight figure and broke the snap on those pants. :( EDITED: Upon closer inspection, RawrGirl realized those are her fat pin-stripe pants...size 13. She thought they were her plain black pants (either way both pants have no working snap). But it makes more sense that it's the larger ones as she cannot imagine it possible to fit into the same pants after a 25 pound gain...

Neither pic really shows how big RawrGirl was, but mother-in-law has a full-front one from Christmas 2009, so she will post that as soon as she sends it.

Last edited:
Oh yes, I'm chief photographer in my family, not just because I live photography, but it means I can hide behind the camera! I plan to have lots of before and after pics on minimins though as I know how much it inspires me to see them.

Aw! Squishy loves RawrGirl too. We make great distractions for each other! X

Good for you! RawrGirl is also chief photographer...she is a wedding photographer, so that helps as people expect her to take the pics.

Oh my goodness, RawrGirl is so pretty! Look at those cheek bones in the first pic- they'll be razor sharp when you reach target! I honestly think you look fab in both pics, but I also understand what it's like to look at pictures of yourself. People always tell me I look fab in pictures and all I can think is how fat I look!

I scoured Facebook a few nights ago for friends' pics of me (which I never approved the tags on because I'm so ashamed!) and have saves them all to a "before" folder. We went to a wedding the week before I started Lipotrim so there are pics of me there weighing 173lb. Disgraceful. But yet I'm glad I have them!

Well done on posting these, pretty lady.

PS. Peppermint Patties- om nom nom. Luckily they are very hard to find in shops over here!!

Summary of RawrGirl's Diet History

1992-1996: Age: 13-17 (130 steadily climbing to 150)

1996: Age 17 -- 130? 140? (lost heaps of weight for 1st wedding by becoming jogging fiend, but don't remember what actual weight was)

1997: Fit into size 9 Calvin Kline jeans (boxing, cycling, jogging) No idea what weight.

1997: Got pregnant. Ate for two (adults). :eek: Weighed 200lbs.

Jan 1998: 170lbs after giving birth

Nov 1998: 138 (joined WW, resumed exercise fiendish ways)

Jan 1999: 150lbs.

2000 -- divorced

1999-2008: Age 21-30 -- weight fluctuated from 150-160

Mar 2009: 160? Met Prince Charming online

Sept 2009: 147 -- Met Prince Charming for the first time in person for 3 days

Dec 2009: 172 -- :eek: Saw Prince Charming for the second time in person after quitting smoking for him

Jan -- Mar 2010: 172 Sat in parking lot outside gym feeling sorry for self

Apr 2010: 172 -- Started jogging at outdoor track

May 2010: 162

Sept 2010: 150 -- Wedding to Prince Charming

October 2010: 162 -- Joined WW

Jan 2011: 152

July 2011: 143 -- Lowest Weight since 2008! (jogged like a fiend for months)

Sept 2011: 155

Christmas 2011: 150 (Atkins)

January 2012:

Mar 2012: 150ish -- evil avatar pic, squashed into jeans

April 2012: 160ish -- after week long holiday at mother-in-laws) Jeans have not fit since...until today!

June 2012: 154 (Atkins)

July -- August: 154ish -- Only maintained weight with Atkins despite rare splurges for pizza and sweets (once a month). Prince Charming took scale away.

* * * * Researched VLCD's * * * *

Aug 20th: First week of VLCD, but off-diet weekend as went to steakhouse Sun, so also enjoyed pizza on Sat night, but didn't binge

Aug 27th: Second week of VLCD, but another off-diet weekend as was away with fam for Memorial day, but didn't binge, and exercised (weights/1mi. jog, walks)

Sept 3rd: Third week of VLCD, joined Minimins! On-track weekend

Sept 10th: Fourth week of VLCD -- fit into evil avatar pic jeans!

Doing really well Rawrgirl. I couldn't get one leg in those size 10 jeans. Waytogo you:wee:

When a doctor asked me the lowest I have ever weighed I answered it honestly: six and a half pounds!

Hey preeeety girl - no wonder Prince Charming found you ;-)
You're doing great. Have no doubt you'll get to goal - if I get another stone off I might just follow in your VLCD footsteps. Just feel now is not a right time, but will watch with interest as you fade away!

Look at those cheek bones in the first pic- they'll be razor sharp when you reach target!

Really? You think so? RawrGirl hopes you are right. She doesn't have ANY thin pics from when she was 138, so she has no idea what she will look like. :(

I honestly think you look fab in both pics, but I also understand what it's like to look at pictures of yourself. People always tell me I look fab in pictures and all I can think is how fat I look! I scoured Facebook a few nights ago for friends' pics of me (which I never approved the tags on because I'm so ashamed!)...

Yup, that is sooo RawrGirl. She has spent nights in tears, because of tagged pics posted of her that were online for hours before she discovered them. Anyway, thank you for the compliments. You are very sweet!

Hey preeeety girl - no wonder Prince Charming found you ;-)
You're doing great. Have no doubt you'll get to goal - if I get another stone off I might just follow in your VLCD footsteps. Just feel now is not a right time, but will watch with interest as you fade away!

You are very sweet. Thank you.

RawrGirl does not think she looks pretty in either of those pics. Her mom has often said, "you hide your weight well," which makes RawrGirl think she hides her fat/ugliness well, and tricks people into thinking she is prettier than she really is. It also makes it very difficult to undress/shower/engage in bedroom "activities" with Prince Charming as she feels the truth will be exposed. RawrGirl really hopes that when she reaches goal, she will no longer feel the need to hide in the dark/under the sheets.

Back