BMI/Dress size/frame size

Ooh, me too me too! lol

BMI - 33ish :(
Dress size - 16/18
Frame - small (I learned about the wrist thing in high school and it's served me well ever since :))

Ok well it appears that dress size definitely increases as BMI increases, who knew??

It seems for a small frame
BMI 20-24 is a size 10
BMI 25-28 is a size 12-14
BMI 31-33 is a size 16-18

For a medium frame
BMI 23 is a 8-10
BMI 25 is 12
BMI 28 is 12-14
BMI 30 is a 16
BMI 33 is an 18
BMI 39 is a 24

For a large frame
BMI 26 is a 12-14
BMI 30 is a 16
BMI 40 is a 20
BMI 53 is a 25

I know 21 people isn't a huge sample, and the way of measuring frame is a bit inaccurate, and don't get me started on the lack of standardisation of clothes sizes,
but it seems to me that at a smaller frame size, they need to be a smaller BMI to be the same clothes size as a person with a medium BMI and the same relationship between a medium and a large framed person. Some people seem to go against that totally tho.
I think I would reject the null hypothesis! :rotflmao:

Post your stats if you haven't already!

Guen

hiya, i'm a bit late:D......but here are my stats

5ft 7
medium frame
size 16 clothes
BMI 28

Me late too.....

Height= 5ft 5"
BMI= 27
Frame =medium
Dress size=14, top sometimes 16 (massive boobs :()

large frame weight 12st 5lbs size 14/16 top 18 bottom. I'm 5ft 4ins.
I think the frame difference issue is a very valid one. I know a lot of people think 12 and a half stone is huge but I am now happily maintaining and feel great about myself. I dont look fat just a healthy confident womanly figure. All I wanted was to be able to shop in regular shops and I've achieved that. I am stll determined to tone up and lose a bit more but I know myself and I got to 11st before but just couldnt maintain it even with 1 hour exercise a day.I just ain't built that way!

Hey,

I am 5"8
Size 8 shoe
Weight 12 Stone
Size 14
Build Small to Medium??

Which fingers are meant to overlap/touch? Is it the index finger or all fingers? My middle finger over laps my thumb as does my ring finger but index touch and little finger touches? Hmm i am confused?!

Sorry for being dense!

Hi
Frame measures small/med according to wrist guide
Height 5'5
BMI 27.3
Clothes was 16 bottoms but now more like a 15!
Top size 14

5ft 7
frame size small (overlaps to first joint in my thumb)!
size 8-10-12 (depending on where clothes bought)
bmi..no idea

thats very interesting guen, hopefully i'll get into the 16's soon enough xx

Height 5'5"
BMI 35
Top and waist size 20 (was 24)
Hips size 14 - no change there!
Frame size - large
I'm a typical apple shape, all tummy and boobs, no bum!

Very interesting results, thanks for getting us to all post our stats.

x

I'm currently a 20, and according to what other people are, I won't be a 16 (the size of the beautiful dress hanging in my wardrope) til BMI 30. I won't have a BMI of 30 til I'm 158lb...which is 53lbs away. Do you guys really think it'll take 26lbs to drop a dress size? That's like 2 stone!

ok so before I start tomorow its

Height: 5ft 5in
Weight: 20st 6lb
BMI: 47.5
Frame : Medium
Dress Size : 24 top & Bottom

Will look back at this in a couple of months and update !

Last edited:
hey good thread, im 5'8, size 8 shoe, 13st 8lb medium frame, bmi 28 currently 14 bottoms, 16 top (i think) started at 16s2lb bmi 34, 18bottoms,18/20 top

hi, i'm sorry for being a bit thick, but im confused, i've always been a big frame, quite stocky and broad shouldered but the 'test' says i'm small frame????? so confused.
i'm 16st 5.5lbs and 5ft 7,
clothes at min comfortable 18 bottom and 16 top shoe size 8

which finger do you use???

for anybody with a filthy mind like me, i mean for the test. x

Hiya
its your thumb and the middle one, checked with my mate who uses this technique in her job all the time

i'm 5"7
BMI 24.5
size 10 top and 12 bottoms
according to the wrist thing i have a small frame, but looking at my hips it's large..

Back