Boobs be gone...

Went to run a quick errand before lunch which turned into a 3hr trip, was starving when I got home at 3.15 so had a very very late lunch
  • Lunch HM pasta with creme fraiche (3syns) and a peppermint tea
Going to have to be a bit more inventive with my lunches I think

• Dinner is Fakeaway Donner kebab with pitta bread (8syns) and mayo (2syns)
  • Supper is muller light with red berries
Total 16syns

On reflection I should have saved syns for my dinner better, knowing it was going to be high syns for the pitta bread, but the fact I was starving when I got home at lunchish threw me, I didn't have time to check my syn allowance for the day, I just threw together convenience food.

Last edited:
I wonder why pitta bread is so high in syns, there's nothing to them! Perhaps there's a lot of sugar in them?

I don't know, but it wasn't worth it. The kebab meat tastes more or less the same as at the takeaway, but the whole ensemble wasn't quite it. The OH suggested next time I leave the salad on the side to wilt a while first to give it that authentic touch haha.
Also a pox on those that sell uncut pitta bread, my doners all had holes in!!!

Last edited:
  • Breakfast was creamy mushrooms on x2 nimble toast (3syns)
  • Lunch, microwave rice with s.onion, tomato, cucumber and soy sauce. Some grapes and a peppermint tea.

Last edited:
  • Dinner was SW cheeseburger and chips with mayo. The roll was HM by my daughter and although it was wholemeal, it was HUGE so going to round that meal up to 12syns just incase.
I know, I know, I shouldn't have had toast this morning and then I could have saved syns on the burger bap, but I forgot :-( no more bread for at least 2 days I think.
  • Supper, sweet and sour mug shot and an apple
Total 15syns

I did a bit of furniture moving yesterday and woke up this morning with a very bad back. Couldn't stand for long in the kitchen to make breakfast and didn't want toast so just grabbed a Muller light yogurt. Only problem is that as soon as I ate it I was starving again :-( but now I have to wait until lunch.
Hopefully my back will be better by then, I've noticed that its always more sore in the morning, I must sleep on it weirdly.

Hello Jhsax, I giggled when you said you liked eating from plastic plates. Me too ! and plastic glasses. They are quieter somehow !!!!
Did you get the uni stuff sorted out, I hope so, seems so unfair after all the effort you went to handing it in.
You seem to be putting in loads of effort and trying out new stuff all the time with your diet plan, I'm sure you will be sucessful x

Hi Jilly, I thought I was the only weird one, nice to know I'm not alone :)
I guess the powers that be must still be debating over my assignment as I haven't heard anything yet.
Variety is the spice of life. I used to go through the mags recipe by recipe and try everything, regardless of if I thought I'd like it or not and i found out that stuff I thought I hated is actually really yummy. All my favourites go into the big black book, which I use if I run out of mag recipes.

Just checked my student email (thanks for reminding me Jilly) and they are going to mark my assignment yipee :)
  • Lunch, HM pasta with half a pack of smoked salmon trimmings thrown in and creme fraiche (3syns). Some melon and a peppermint tea
Also decided to do a quick tummy measure to see if cutting out the salt and drinking the tea was working on the water retention and I've lost 2" so I'd say that's a big yes.

Last edited:
Thanks SS.
Didn't want to get out of bed this morning, my poor back obviously didn't like all that jiggling about I did yesterday, hopefully I'll feel better later as I'm hoping to complete my three day training program on the Wii and then take my daughter swimming again on the 4th day, then start again.

• Breakfast was tomatoes and fried egg on x2 nimble toast with brown sauce (2syns)
Was my official first weigh in this morning and I've lost 7lbs, I'm really chuffed, another 2st 4 until I'm back on track though.
Well done that's a great weight loss.

It is a big weight off my mind, I was starting to panic as assignments are by far what I'm best at and I was hoping that my assignments would score high to make up for my exam scores lol

My back was too poorly to stand and cook tonight, so the OH got a chance to make tea for a change, no superfree, but hey ho I'm poorly, so there!
  • Dinner, x4 low fat Cumberland sausages (4syns) with mushy peas, smash and gravy.

The OH struck again, sneaking cheese into the mash without asking, he wouldn't tell me how much, just that it wasn't worth syning, but I'm being good and calling it 6syns because it looked a lot to me. I'm a bit gutted as I was looking forward to having a treat tonight, a packet of popcorn (4syns) but I'm already on 13 now and I haven't had the best start of the week so far, don't want to push my luck.. Will have to root around for something free for supper.

• Supper, Had a hot chocolate 2syns and Ainsley H cous cous

Total 15syns

Last edited:
Another day on the sofa today, I am worrying how this is going to affect my weight loss. I did manage to make my own breakfast though, comfort food :)

• Breakfast, LF sausage (1syn), bacon, egg, tomato, waffle hash brown (1syn) and brown sauce (2syns)

Was pure agony standing up to make my lunch, but I'm determined to not let the OH 'take care of me'.

• Lunch, HM cottage cheese salad with other half of the smoked salmon trimmings. Some pineapple and a peppermint tea

Last edited:
Loaded myself up on painkillers today as I had work to do on the computer. Then later I had an unexpected rescue dog turn up, she's safely stowed in my lounge, but now my backs too sore for cooking tea so I'm just going to have something quick and easy.
  • Dinner, pasta n sauce with cheese
  • Pudding, can of mandarins (2syns)
Might finally get that popcorn tonight too
  • Supper, Metcalf popcorn (5syns)
Total 11syns

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly. What are you studying? Diary's looking great loving the pics. Gonna make that cheesecake when my parents come up to visit in a few weeks. Looks delish ( I don't eat dairy but they love it. )

Have you tried quark with sweetener fromage frais and berries. Its all the rage in the group mum goes to? Makes a sweet treat and saves your syns.

Back