*^~Boofaloos Diary Thread~^* Day 1 going well!!

Hi Helen,

My husband is the same when buying a tv or anything like that he takes ages, I think he likes all the window shopping bit the best!

Sorry you were feeling a bit down and it is only natural between missing your husband for support which he seems to brill at and totm:(

Here is a couple of links on GI that might be of interest to you:

The GI diet: it can change your life - Diet - Times Online

Times Online - Diet

ScienceDaily: Low-carb Diet Better Than Low-fat Diet At Improving Metabolic Syndrome

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini!!

I do have a good un' (husband that is ;) ). I married him when i was 19 and people said it would never last. Well it's 8 years this year and i have to pat myself on the back for making such a good choice :)

Thanks for those links. Am going to have a look now.

Another ssing day under my belt with absolutely no nibbling on anything other than CD!! One very proud - very happy bunny!!

Am feeling absolutely exhausted and typically the kids are playing up tonight and wont go to bed!!

Have done loads and loads of washing, ironing and cleaning. My new mattress for my bed came so I hauled that upstairs and put it on my bed. My TV is coming tomorrow so i have cleaned the living room in preparation - hauling my vey old, very heavy antique tv into the back room.
Feel like i've done ten rounds with Mike Tyson but just keep thinking of all the fat I have burnt off today!!

Had a Strawberry shake this morning and a Toffee and Walnut muffin for lunch. Then I have only just had my chocolate shake now - 8.30pm is a bit late for me but last night i woke up in the middle of the night with my stomach growling it was so hungry!!!

Have drunk shed loads of water. The most so far about 5 litres. Which for me is a flipping miracle!

Tea time was a little hard as i made the kids, chicken, veg and new potatoes. i have been nibbling at things like chicken until recently which has led to eating other not so healthy things. Anyway kept repeating 'dont nibble it will lead to a binge' over and over in my head and not one piece passed my lips!! YAY ME :)

Hoping tomorrow the scales will be kind to me. I havent been an angel recently - just hope this latest effort isnt too little too late.

Fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow. Aiming for 2lb loss at least.

Take Care. xx

Hey, excellent, well done you on all accounts, today has been much better for me too - wiered huh?

Definately weird but very good - Heres to more better days!!
Have just replied on your diary thread while you were replying on mine so looking forward to reading your update in a minute. :)

LOL yes we were, I have been in meetings all day so this has been the first time I have managed to get on here today.

You are sounding so much more positive. We just need to keep in the pink now, it makes this so much easier doesn't it?

Yep - still dont think i'm quite back in ketosis yet. Havent got any stix to test. Am feeling very hungry still but who knows i used to feel hungry when i was well into ketosis!!

Am going to kill my son soon - i can still hear him messing about!!!!

I didn't get my kids to bed till dead late tonight, one of them had a friend to play and I had to take her home afterwards completely forgetting that my husband was on a boys day/night out!

Then we went to my grandma's as it was round the corner from this little girl and whilst we were there my mum called and she was having dinner in a restaurant just across the road, so I took the kids over for deserte (them not me!!).

We got back to them all deciding the had homework afterall (previously they had all said they didn't).

At least they are in bed now. I am going to put the washing in the dryer, top up the hot water, make some "crisps" and go for a nice hot bath with some stuff I bought from lush today (that is if I can be bothered).

I am hungry even when in the pink, I think it is because I am thinking about food rather than physical hunger - the difference between today and yesterday when I was definately not in ketosis is amazing, it is so much easier like this.

Got weighed today. 12st 2lbs.

Am a bit disappointed the scales havent shifted more but it's a 2lbs loss from last week so i shouldnt really complain.
i have also messed about a bit with nibbling and although i have been very good for a few days it does all catch up with you in the end!

Am not going to let it ruin my day - Hubby is home tomorrow!! YAY

Have a good day everyone. KEEP STRONG!!!!!

Well a 2lb loss is better than nothing and great if you think of all the nibbling done earlier in the week.

Well done and be proud, you are edging all that closer to the 11s.

2lbs is fab, now you are back on it then it will be more than that in no time x

Thanks guys - dont know what i'd do without you. :)

Today has been a little harder than i thought it would be. Still feeling hungry and to be honest really tired and washed out. I know when i get deep into ketosis i'll feel better.

So today i've had a caramel bar for brekkie - spicy tomato soup for lunch and so far 2 litres of water.

Just watched Coyote Ugly on movies and it's made me want to be thin even more though so the motivation is there!!
Feel like i wasted a lot of my teenage years worrying about my weight when i had no reason to. Now i want to get where i should be and feel good about myself for once in my life!!!!

Been as bit naughty and had a second bar today. Know i shouldnt of and i am kicking myself really as that will prolong ketosis but i was finding it really hard at tea time.

Going to sign off now for the weekend. Hope everyone has a good one. xx

Last edited:
Have had a busy weekend. Stephen got back on Saturday and i dont seem to have stopped since!!
He has been very tired so i've been trying to entertain the kids while he catches up on some sleep before going back to work tomorrow.

Diet has been ok but i'm struggling with the water - it just makes me feel so sick. Have run out of flavourings and plain water is just not going down - i've tried it warm, from the tap, bottled water, fizzy water. you name it!!!
I know i'm retaining water but it's not surprising as today i have only managed 1 1/2 litres. I also have a terrible headache which i know is because i havent drunk enough.

Oh no! I struggle getting the plain water down now too but am happy to drink it warm with flavourings in on a constant basis! When can you get some more flavours?

Go to bed - I hope the headache is better after sleeping it off!

In fact I am off to bed myself now.

Night night.

Hiya Helen, Hope you had a great weekend, didnt get to the clown party as it was full when we got there!!!

How have you managed, water is a nightmare to get down sometimes, i try and space it evenly and make sure I always have a glass to hand, I also drink out of pint glasses whilst I am at home as i can get more down.

Will be at school tommorrow so we can catch up then x x

Having a nightmare. Got on the scales and have put 3lbs on!!!!

Am not happy. :( Trying really hard with the water. Have managed 1 1/2 litres so far. Hoping to get 3 litres down today.

Oh no! Sounds to me like water retention though! Drink more to flush it out, no matter how hard it seems.

Come on you can do it!

Thanks F.

Am having my first CD of the day a veg soup and am on to my next bottle of water. Am not getting on the scales again now until friday. DAMN SCALES!!!!!!

How are you doing?

Helen, Dont stress too much, could be water retention, Have you eaten this weekend??

HI Vicky.

Havent eaten any 'real' food since Stephen has been back but did have an extra bar the other night and am struggling with the water - so who knows?

Actually today has been much better. Managed 3 litres today with not much problem at all. Going to up it to 4 tomorrow.
Not going to get on the scales until friday so that i dont obsess about the weight. I know my clothes still feel loose on me - even my 16s!!! :D - so thats all that matters!!

So had a good day today:

1 X veg soup
1 X choc muffin
1 X T& W shake

3 litres of water and quite a lot of exercise as i've been cleaning up!!!

Back