*^~Boofaloos Diary Thread~^* Day 1 going well!!

Hmm i kind of skirted that issue didnt I? :)

CD was ok. I did eat chicken and salad one night and fish and salad another night as well as my packs.

Cant say i was completely virtuous and was heading for a huge pig out on Sunday but thankfully that was averted.

Have nibbled since coming home - thats what irritates me more. I manage to be good away from home then i step in the door smell the ham and cheese toastie the kids are having and tirn into some uncontrolled monster!!! ;)

Anyway i'm sure i'll get what i deserve at weigh in on Friday ;)

Just wanted to copy some of what i wrote in my blog onto my diary here:

Had a bit of a slip last night. Ate some ham and cheese toastie . :( I was feeling so deprived that i just thought ' to hell with it!!'.
I darent get on the scales but did a Ketostick and am out of ketosis well and truely! :( Not sure if it's just because of the toastie or because i had chicken and salad in Edinburgh. Thought i had been really good but maybe the salad kicked me out of ketosis as it wasnt just green salad it had tomatoes and pepper in it etc.

Am not overly devastated as i have my goal in sight and know i will achieve it. Am not worried anymore about the occasional slip up - this is my journey and just because i dont do it like other people doesnt make me any less successful.
I have lost a huge amount of weight - the most i've ever lost. I am being successful and have achieved so much. I am now a very comfortable 16 (14s fit but are tight. 16s are getting loose) and I was a large size 20 - even though i never wanted to admit that!!
I have to praise myself for doing this as I think i must have chosen the hardest diet in the world - but it's the diet that is working for me and I really love it. I'm just taking the scenic route :)

I'm just taking the scenic route :)

You and me both!!! Why make things easy for ourselves when we can keep knocking ourselves out of ketosis and struggle for a couple of days!?!

You ARE doing well, fantastically well and remember our bonfire pledge??

Absolutely and Thank you - it's friends like you who make this journey fun :)

Yep Bonfire night is still my goal - am looking forward to it and am gonna get to my goal!! Have ordere the biggest rocket you have ever seen and am gonna let it off as a kind of well done thing. Have never been bothered about bonfire night before but this one is going to be special!!!

((hugs)) you're not alone! so don't worry about what is done ((hugs))

We're all moving on together! ;)

We'll be showing good ketostix soon! :D I'm gonna need to buy more at this rate (hate the pep talk boots gave me last time.. :rolleyes: )

Keep up the great work hun! ;)

Hi Helen,

You have already done so well and this is a hard diet and we who do it knows it works after getting nowhere fast with some of the others.

You are making good progress and I agree that beating yourself up over a slip does not help but leads to self-sabotage.

Losing the weight is just the first step...making healthy choices is really the main thing that will help to achieve long term maintenance and not end back at square one.

I find it hard to imagine how I could of sat and ate family packs of mars bars on my own:eek: and tons of crisps...

If I do want to eat or crave something now it is for something very healthy like chicken/steak/fish....that is not to say I would not get back addicted to carbs again...me thinks I will always have to be careful around carbs and not eat too many.

I stopped smoking and I know if I had just one I would be back on the fags again. But I don't go there.

With food it is so different, you just can't give it up forever, sometimes I think that would not be such a bad idea, but then I do enjoy my food and I want and hope that I will get the balance back in my life again...

Here's to Bonfire Night and being down another bit on the scales.:D

Hear Hear Mini

We all do this diet in ways to suit us, we all have to live life after all, like you say helen, you are doing fantastically well and that is plain to see.

You go girl, and if its the scenic route then thats cool, the stress of 3 kids and a DH who sometimes has to go away would stop me doing half as well as you. Be proud of what you have acheieved x x

Heres to Bonfire night x

Purple - Thanks for your words of encouragement. I get a bit carried away with the ketostix - think it stems from my love of all thing biology. I love watching them change colour!!
I was the same with pregnancy tests too - my hubby used to despare at the amount i'd buy. It didnt stop when i was pregnant either - used to buy them just so i could 'make sure' i was pregnant. Think i used to like seeing the lines appear!!

Mini - Thank you. It is al about balance and i know it's something i will have to work on forever. I know my taste buds are refining but i do worry that my love of all things unhealthy will return.
Heres to bonfire night though - lets hope we are a lot further down on them scales :)

Vicky - Thanks honey. I am proud of my achivements but find it so easy to forget them and be down on myself!! I am really good at Helen bashing when i wouldnt dream of treating anyone else the same way!!
Heres to bonfire night - you should be able to see my rocket from Brighouse ;) :D

Todays update:

Feeling good. I'm back in control. Have enjoyed today - it's been a nice day.
Have spent most of the morning playing with baby and catching up on here. Then this afternoon did some work for my Dad and sorted the kids out. Made them pasta and meatballs for tea - didnt nibble on anything (usually would have tested a meatball ;))
Made some tea for baby which he turned his nose up at - have to be honest and say this really upsets me. Why will he eat ready made jars but then turns his nose up at good home cooked food. :( Anyway will keep trying with him as unfortunately i made loads so he has a good couple of days to endure it yet!! :D
Hubby is away and i havent once thought about cheating - I know if I want to succeed with my bonfire night challenge i have to get my butt into gear.

Had a Chocolate shake this morning. Chicken and mushroom soup for lunch and a T&W muffin for tea.
Have drunk 3 litres of water today wish i could have drunk more but I just feel like i've had enough. Will aim for more tomorrow.

So feeling positive tonight - hoping it lasts until friday. I need a good weigh in.

Youll be fine on friday, I just know it x x

Thanks Vicky and Flopster. :)

Updating very early today as i wont be online tonight.

I'm doing ok - feel a bit fed up but i'm tired - baby isnt sleeping well at all, think i got up 6 times last night. :(
Having a good day diet wise. Have had 2 packs - Veg soup and a vanilla shake. Had the vanilla one warm which made a nice change.
Have drunk a litre and a half of water so far. Aiming for another 2 litres today and am going to have a shake at tea time dunno what flavour yet though.
Very tired so am having a bath and an early night tonight. Hubby is home after being away overnight and i have ordered some alone time!!

Take Care everyone xx

So i wasnt going to come on here again but things havent gone exactly to plan today.

Have had a bad day. Things just went from bad to worse and I let my emotions get the better of me. I have cheated - badly.

Wanted to publicly say thankyou to 2 of the nicest people ever. Vicky and Flopster. They have been there for me today when i have needed to talk. Thank you guys - you're the best.

Have come to a major decision.
I am ssing until bonfire night and then thats it. I will be moving onto 790 and 1000 to lose the rest.
I need to set and end date to this and stop these binging episodes, the only way i can see a way to do that is to have a plan and teach myself how to eat healthily again.

It's 33 Days to Bonfire night. Let's see how much i can lose :)

Helen, Im always here for you hun, and I think thats a great decision you have made.

I will pm you in a mo, and we will definately have that morning coffee on friday, Im proud of you x

Thank you Vicky

Am feeling much better now and positive again.
I have just done some serious Step aerobics to try and limit the damage!! I think the dog is wishing we would go for another walk but it's dark now and he's got no chance!

Looking forward to Friday. x

Quick update:

Feeling much more positive today. Am back on track and raring to go. Got on the scales and have put 2 lbs on after yesterdays mishaps but i feel fine about it and know i can lose it again by sticking to SS.

Final Update for today:

Been a good one. Have had no problems at all. No headache or hungry feelings and have had my 3 packs and 3 litres.
T&W shake for brekkie
Hot choc mint for lunch
Choc mint muffin for tea

Am a bit worried about the next few days as i always seem to have a good day followed by a bad day and so on.
I know I can do this though - just have to be strong.

Hiya Helen, Keep at it, when you get over day 2 and then 3 without having a bad day you will be spot on.

You can do it, we are right behind you x

2nd day of complete no nibbling - no messing around SSing!

Feeling rough today but nothing to do with CD. Have been up most of the night with pains (to do with my ovaries) so not a good start to the day!!!
Actually still feeling positive though about CD which is good. Had my butterscotch shake earlier than usual this morning as i was light headed and a bit shaky.
Am hoping to drink a litre of water and then go back to bed after taking the kids to school and playing with baby until his nap time at 10ish.

Wont be on again until tonight - have loads of stuff to do today but will catch up and update then xx:)

Well done Helen.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

I managed abstinence again yesterday but have no idea what day it is at the moment but the last time I ate was Monday!!

Have a good day.

Back