Boots

4isnotenough

On the diaries page a few of you were talking about boots.

Boots are annoyingly difficult to buy. Considering the average size for the British woman is a 16 you'd think there would be more boots out there for our challenges in size.

I ended up going to Evans to buy my boots and to fit my legs they are wide in the feet and ankles. Don't get me wrong but I didnt think i was too chunky in the leg department, obviously I was wrong. I've gotten down to a 14 which I consider to be pretty much an easy clothes size to buy for, so why do boots still come in skinny sizes.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Oh goodie... I have that to come! I don't ever try to find boots that fit but if it's still going to be difficult when I've dropped enough weight I shall be really annoyed! Lol :)

I have lost 5 stone (at least) and when I went to Evans the other day their boots were tight on my calves. I could get them on, but there was a lovely bulge of fat above them...mmmm...attractive. Now I'm somewhere between size 20 and size 22, which is hardly the top end of Evans sizes. What gives?!

I guess I'm not a pear shape, I'm a triangle! Thin face, massive calves. *sigh*

Eugh don't even start me on boots! How many sizes do clothes come in? How different is everyones shape? And yet you can have standard size boots that apparently seem to be meant for 8-16 sizes (because they're obviously going to have the same size legs....!) or Evans wide ones. Or spend a small fortune on custom made ones. Oh and then there's the fact that if you have long legs they cut your legs off at precisely the widest part. Beyond annoying!

I'm ranting aren't I? Sorry! The boot thing just winds me up EVERY winter! X

well, i measured my calves, 18"......the widest boots i have been able to find is 16. hmm. i am sick of wet feet, my wellies are leaking, and i can't find new ones that i can get my legs into.

the ones i have came from lidl btw!

Take comfort in the fact that you're not the only one, is all I can say!

The boots I found that fitted me I had to import from Torrid in America. They were reasonably priced, too, until Customs opened them and charged me tax. Grrr.

I have super wide feet too, always have. The range of really wide-fitting shoes out there is awful too. I'm limited to granny shoes or buying Evans wide-fit a size too big. :(

Ive got super size calves, but have had 2 pair of boots from littlewoods recently! Both advertised as wide and fit lovely. Bought a pair of evans extra wide and they were too big (never thought that would happen). Never managed to find a pair of riding boots or wellies that fit though :(

New look do have some wider boots in their bigger stores. I can get them on but feel more comfortable with the ones I got in Evans despite them being a bit wide in the feet. I am wearing to pairs of cooks to compensate for this - lol the things we will do.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back