Boris's diary ( thats not my real name its Matt)

Yeah, and a few early nights the first week if the munchies kick in in the evening.
Def go for a "pop in" after a few days if it's offered.
I know you'll do so well Matt. :p

i am itching to know how you got on!! the meetings have changed since i last was there but its exciting to be in a meeting with people at all different stages. I got 2 lighter life magazines as I cheekily asked if she had any old ones but they are great for motivation. already had my first milkshake and it was really nice!! xxx

Borris said:
Thanks guys :) any other top tips ? Like what you can make with packs ? Coffees and other stuff ? Also why can't you have coke zero ? Mwah xxxxx

I like to have vanilla in my coffee other than that I am not very adventurous xx

Hi Boris! Yay!! Here you go!

You probably know now - but no youcannot have Coke Zero - only water and black coffee or tea.

Gosh, depending how adventurous you are there are loads of "recipes" you can do with the packs. But I would suggest just sticking to them pretty basically until you get used to them, how they mix, the consistenceys, etc.

I like to mix it up a bit, because i love to cook and miss cooking while I am abstainnig, so its better then nothing.

You can make - and all of this requires imagination and acceptance it is not REALLY what it say but still variety - crips, muffins, snickers bars, lattes, ice cream, smoothies, mousse, cheesecake, all sorts.

Hell, I even tried to make Vanilla Pancakes on Shrove Tuesday! :D

There is a link for recipes here somewhere- I will see if its still stickied and drop a link for you.

Also - the world is your oyster for different flavour combos: Chocolate Banana; Strawberry Banana, Chocoalte Strawberry, Mint Chocolate (using pepperming tea instead of plain water- but you need to use sweetner tablets for this) espresso. FOr savourys, you could make mushroom curry; chicken vegetable;, etc., etc.

Just weigh the packs and split them - or, if you can use two packs - whatever, just work in to the daily four.

Oh, and you can use the water flavourings to flavour shakes - so you could make chocolate orange; banana berry, etc.

The world is your oyster - just use your imagination!

Any questions? Fire away! :)

xx

Well done Matt on getting through day 1 just keep drinking the water.
Headaches can be a normal side effects for the first few days parcetamol and an early night works wonders.
Take care
Cathy

"Medicine" good way to think of it. People have trouble when they compare the packs with "real" food.
I got used to just thinking of them as a way of getting the nutrients,minerals and vitamins I needed.
In my day we also used to drink 4 litres of water per day. Little and often.
Good luck !

I agree that seeing the packs as medicine is a really good idea. They're just a means to an end. Well done on getting through day 1. Once you get into ketosis, probably about day three or so, you will feel amazing. Until then, just do whatever it takes to get through!

Well done, I say call them whatever works for you. I'm actually worried that I will really miss the bars and the shakes when I am back in the world of food!! Xx

How do you know he's worth it Julz?!!!;)

Back