breda's ww diary to good health

i do love seeing those percentages! we need these little things to spur us on haha xxx

Todays plan

Hi gang here is todays menu plan

Breakfast
30g porridge.......3pp
1/2 pt skim milk..3pp

Break
1 orange

Lunch
Wrap.............4pp (in deli much bigger than ww ones)
Chicken.........4pp
tomatoes ,peppers , cucumber
1 tbsp barbque relish.. 1pp

snack
1 ww yogurt.......1pp
1 baby bel..........1pp
Stewed apple with 1tsp sugar...1pp
1 small pot ambrosia LF custard..3pp

1 ptk walkers baked........2pp****

Dinner
chicken chow mein.........9pp(Take away night)

Total 32/29

Thats the plan anyway for today. feel good today. will edit later. have a good day everyone

Last edited:
Had to edit my menu above to add stewed apple and custard. (num num) . I normally have lunch around 1pm as I have my breakfast at 7.30am . The kids get home around 5pm and at this stage I am hungry and if I dont eat I will binge . Hubbie is often late home from work 8pm so I like to wait for him for dinner but its too long from 1pm . I realised today that this is my dangerous time so the stewed apple is lovely and hot,sweet and really filling. (keeps me away from picking the kids dinners and goodies )

ooh good idea with the stewed apple and custard, just before dinner seems to be a "danger" time for me to! I think I might try and eat some fruit then too!

Glad you got your BMI thing sorted, do you know I hadn't even noticed your BMI came up on the stats at the side, ha shows how much attention I pay x

Ya CC I love stewed apple or anything with apples i.e apple tart,apple slices ,apple turnovers etc . I cannot resist any kind of apple pastry or apple crumble yumyum :sigh:, but obviously I want to avoid those now so the hot stewed apple with warm custard(low fat-pot) is lush . I suppose I cant over do it though but now and again . I have to build in something at that time though around4-5 pm or Ill go feral on the bickies or something :(

aaaaaahh have to stop eating now .had bag of walkers now !!!!!!!!!! look at all those points on snacks !!!

Last edited:
Today Saturday 14th

Here is my plan for today

Breakfast
30g porridge..........3pp
1/2 pt skimmilk......3pp

Break
curley wurley..........3pp

Lunch
2 slices bread..........4pp
20g grated cheddar cheese ...3pp
2 slices thin han(35g)......1pp
Tomatoes

snack
1 ww yogurt..................1pp
orange

Dinner
100g white rice ...........4pp (upped to150g...6pp)
chicken..........................4pp
Unclebens currysauce.......2pp

Total 29/29

Having food I want today ..was longing for the toastie so I had it. might be going to visit sister in law later so may have to edit . Theres usually a few glassies of wine involved .. have my weeklies anyway.

Last edited:
Food looks good! Enjoy your wines if you have them and don't feel guilty.. that's what weekends are for! Hope you have a nice night x

True CC but as it happens anyway we are not going now. Just had dinner and weighed out my rice (100g) It looked miserable so I upped it to 150g = 6pp . Have weeklies left anyway. I love this program . It must be the easiest to work in to your life ever.:D

I think that's what makes it so successful for people because its not at all restrictive and if you change plans at the last minute its fine! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! x

Hi girls and guys

Menu so far today

Breakfast
30g porridge...3pp
1/2 pt skim milk...3pp

snack
2 slices ww brown bread.... 2pp
1 baby bel (low fat) ...........1pp
2 tsp low fat spread............1pp

Lunch
ptk of 4 cream crackers......4pp
2 tsp flora light..................1pp
Bananna
apple ...............................0pp

Dinner
110g porksteak................6pp
beans...........105g...........3pp
potatoes........200g...........4pp

Snacks
1 curley wurley.................3pp
stewed apple and small tub LF custard...3pp

34/29

Last edited:
Hi food looks good for today, I love little babybels they are great little snacks!! Hope you've had a good day!x

Had to edit my above menu to include a CW and apple and custard !!! . The reason for this late picking I have realised is boredom as we were supposed to go out this evening but then decided not to so have been relaxing (and thinking too much about food ). I still have lots of weeklies but wanted to use as little as possible. Weigh in tuesday . i feel like a stuffed duck now.Hope I loose something . QUACK :sigh:

Today is Monday again and WI day is tomorrow. I feel really bloated after the weekend . I def. overdid it a bit yesterday. had the points but feel like stuffed duck again today. Am trying to have a fairly regular day today with loads of salad and veg.

Breakfast
30g porridge..........3pp
1/ pt skim milk.......3pp
200ml orange juice..3pp

Lunch
Wrap..................4pp
chicken...............4pp
1tbsp barbeque relish 1pp
peppers,tomatoes , cucumber ,red onion

snack
ww yogurt...........1pp

Dinner
Chicken Breast.(stir fry).....4pp
peppers ,mushrooms, red onion
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce....2pp
1 tsp olive oil 1pp

Late night tea
curley wurley..............3pp

29/29 (so far)

Last edited:
the wraps and stirfry sound nice! Im going to have to do stirfry soon. Good luck for weigh-in tomorrow. do you weigh in the day or evening? xxx

My class is 10.30 am which i like!!!!!

Just had stirfry and it was yum !! . 2 tbsp of the sweet chilli sauce was plenty . I just threw it in at the end .stirred for a min and straight to plate . I am stuffed and I didnt even have any rice or noodles or anything I just didnt feel like cooking them :eek:. It took about 5 mins.

I am nervous about tomorrow . I just dont feel like I have lost weight . My bathroom scales is ancient and could be 1/2 stone off at any time !! . well if I see any minus i will be happy.

Hi Breda, just got a chance to visit your diary. Continued success, you seem to be flying along, and keeping inside the daily points. Your menu is far more varied than mine. I'm intruiged...What brown bread do you eat? Is it the WW sliced pan, or REAL soda bread eg McCambridges sliced soda.

I bought a fresh superValu soda out of habit the other day, after being over 2 weeks off bread. I love it with strawberry jam, of course I cut Man Sized slices, but I'b love to know how to PP Soda Bread.

Looks like you succeeded where I failed on the Stir fry front, good for you. By what I understand from your post, you just fried off your veg for 5 mins after the meat had browned, then flashed in the chilli sauce for the last minute or so? I'm determined to get this right, my first two attempts were dismal. :D:D:D

Glad you got your Ticker & BMI up & running. They're great reminders of the progress we are making.

Best of luck with the weigh in,

CT

Hi Brenda

Good luck for your WI 2moro, I'm sure you'll do fine! Food for today looked good, stirfry yum! X

Michillenwoman -just noticed your post and desp for advice -I too am a refined sugar junkie with more than I care to admit to lose:break_diet::553:
how do you even start????
my mojo has done a bunk:sigh::sigh::sigh: too

Hi celtic tiger . I have a loaf of WW bread in the freezer that I can take two slices out and toast and whenever I feel like a cheese toastie with (babybel light) and then thats only 3 points. At weekend mornings I love the mccambridge with a boiled egg (or two) but for sandwiches Id sometimes use the brennans wholemeal sliced. It depends on what I am having . I find the WW bread a bit light and small for sandwiches but its up to yourself really.The Mccambridge has no sugar or yeast which means you wont crave it as much as an ordinary soda.. In the old program we used to say 30g(1oz) of any bread was 1 point so that is probably 2 pp (weigh your slice and see how much it is --might put you off fairly fast :D:D

The stir fry I did this evening is really easy . chop chicken breast(s) peppers,red onion mushrooms (Whatever veg you want) . Put one tsp olive oil on the pan(Wok) fry(chicken) until slightly brown on edges over very high heat stirring all the time . 2-3 mins. Add veg .. stirring all the time for another 3-4mins approx.
taste veg I like mine slightly crunchy (not soggy soft) . Add 2 tablespoons of sweet chilly sauce stir in for about a min and serve. I think the secret is not to let it on too long ,high heat and constant stirring. Dont cover .

Hi Mazie6

Its a curse this sugar addiction and I have tried many things to fight it over the years. I even went on an anti-candida diet for months but couldnt stick it out (really restrictive).

At the moment i am feeling my way with this and trying to have only one real sugary treat a day with my late night cup of tea as I am going to bed then and cant binge.During the day I try to limit myself to yogurts and fruit and once I know I can have my treat later i can work with that. I personally find if i eat sugar early in the day I crave it for the rest of the day . If I start my day with a good breakfast like porridge or boiled egg and 2 slices Mccambridge bread ,i dont crave sugary things.

Its something you will have to feel your way with . With sugar I always find the more i have the more i want, so try to keep it to a minimum . cut it down slowly finding snacks you like other than bars and bickies. Eat well at your three meals with a protein at each meal to fill you up. Thats actually really important for sugar bingers . AND there is always the day for us women that we cant get enough chocolate in (before you know what) . I just go with it now ,have a few extra treats that day and be extra good the days after. no good beating ourselves up over hormones we cant control .Talk to me any time maisie . I love posting andreading other peoples posts

Back