Dinner

Pasta 150g....................5pp
Mince lean 125g.............6pp
Dolmio bolognese sc.......3pp
Stewed apple and custard 4pp

Late Snack
1 curley wurley............3pp

37/29

A friend arrived for lunch and brought a lovely fresh brown soda cake which I had two big slices of. She was being good she usually would arrive with buns or a cake!! But when I weighed a slice after its over 60g each so double an ordinary slice. BUT thats what weeklies are for .. the unexpected.

Last edited:
Ah Breda, you can't beat a couple of slices of fresh Soda Bread. Glad you enjoyed them, impossible to resist!

Impossible is right celtic:cry: . I have had a bad day overall . have been really tired. even went back to bed for 2 hours after the kids had gone to school which I never do. Hopefully I will have more energy tomorrow. Gone 8 points over but At least i am still counting . how was your day today ?any more joy with the cooking.

:wave_cry::devilangel:so sympathise Breda - that sugar monster must have escaped from his cage

Ya , Im not really sure what happened to me today. Was tired from the time I got up. Ah well ,chalk it up as a bad day and start again tomorrow. !!!:wave_cry:

Hope ur feeling better tomorrow! Think there is loads of cold virus type things going about...a lot of folk seem to be a bit run down at the moment! Best idea to draw a line and start again x

ah breda, dont worry abut today. 8 weeklies is nothing! lets remember my 17point binge last week and i still lost 1lb :D the reality is, life isnt straight forward and we all have bad days. Its when you stop counting and ignore the bad habits that things have gotten out of control. you are totally within points and doing brilliant xxxx

P.S... forgot to answer the other day when you mentioned my irish roots. My maiden name is O'Sullivan and my dad is from Castletownbere. Its my most favourite place in the world :D We had a lovely day in Limerick as well while we were over in August. We were going to come back this year but we're saving up for Disney next year so couldnt justify it :(

Hope you feel better tomorrow

Thanks Karen . I know with the 49 weeklies i didnt do big damage .You are right I think it was just one of those bad days. If I wasnt on WW I know today could have escalated in to an all out binge.. Think having too much bread and no protein with my lunch didnt help . I need that protein in the middle of the day.

CC .. I hope I am not coming down with something !!!! thats the last thing I need. Anyway as you say going to draw that line under it and tomorrow is another day.

Thanks girls ...

Just saw your other message there about your hols in Ireland. West cork is beautiful. How long is your dad in England . Were you born there ?.

I live close(6 miles) to a town called Charleville which is about halfway between Cork and Limerick.

You are going to Disney next year WOW !!. We went a few years back. best holiday ever !! . Kids will love it.

My dad has been here for 40 yrs and not lost his accent one bit haha. I was born in london but spent lots of time in cork growing up. pretty big irish family mentality with a million uncles/aunts/cousins which is why i guess cork feel so much like 'home'. We'll definitely go more often when Im not such a poor student :D

Nevermind the kids, im desperate to get to Disney haha. We are going in September 2012 so i am using that as my longterm goal to be slim. Ive never been before and cannot wait!

Have much more energy today . Very motivated.

Breakfast
30g porridge...............3pp
1/2 pt skim milk..........3pp

Snack
pear
1 babybel light............1pp

Lunch
2 slices ham................2pt
1tbsp coleslaw............3pp
25g cheddar cheese......3pp
1 slice Mccambridge wholemeal....2pp
Lots of salad

snack
orange
ptk velvet crunch.....................2pp

Dinner
potatoes 200g.............4pp
Lasagne......................9pp
(made using skim milk for sauce and low-low cheese)

Strawberries and WW yogurt........1pp

Will total points later in the day.

33/29

Last edited:
Well done Breda, I would love to have had a Duvet Day yesterday after the pints the night before... the afternoon was a struggle!

Anyway, I knuckled down and prepared the delicious Meatball bake dish on the recipe section, definitely worth a try... Good to hear you're feeling better to-day. I'm interested in hearing more about your Lasagne dish...one of my family's favourite. Would love to get a healthy recipe for it...

Hi celtic. The recipe I use is something I have added to and over the years in an attempt to get my children to eat veg. I even put carrots in my lasagne !!!

Here it is for what its worth. we like it though ..

500g extra lean mince
2 peppers (red and green)
1 large onion
2 peeled and sliced carrots
punnet mushrooms
tin chopped tomatoes
tin tomato puree
200g pack grated low-low red chedder
1ptk knorr white sauce
1ptk knorr mushroom sauce
Pkt lasagne sheets (only need about 4-6)
Oregano (2 tsp dried)
Basil (1 tsp)
2 garlic cloves

1. Place tsp olive oil in bottom of large pot ..add chopped onion and crushed garlic and sweat fr a few mins.

2. add meat (cook until brown)

3. add mushrooms ,carrotts, peppers and stir around for about 3 mins

4. Add tin chopped tomatoes and 2/3 tin puree and stir in

5. add basil and oregano ,salt and pepper

Cover and bring to bubble and then turn down v low and simmer for about 20 mins.

Meanwhile... make up 2 ptks of sauce (together with 500ml of skim milk) and simmer for 3 mins add fistfull of grated cheese to sauce.

Then get good size lasagne dish . put a layer of meat mix on the bottom then lasagne sheets put a few sppons of sauce over lasagne sheets then next layer of meat then lasagne sheets cover with remaining sauce and put remaining cheese on top.

Hope you like it , I use the skim milk and low low cheese to make it as low fat as I can . 1/6 th works out about 9 points .

Forgot to add . usually I get the whole thing ready when i have time in the morning and then put in about 180 oven for 50 mins before hubby comes in. Throw in a few baked potatoes and dinner is served.

Last edited:
Ah Breda, thanks a million, girl...Super recipe, I'm thrilled with that. The boys and I will have a great feast ! I think I'll keep it for a treat for them over the week-end.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you ;)

Hi Mazie,

Going good today TG. Have managed to get through day just snacking on fruit. (and 3 meals of course)Was reaching for a curley wurley at one stage but stopped myself (proud of that). How are you doing . Its not easy is it. I am trying to vary my dinner and lunch a bit just to add variety and distract myself.

Celtic: Hope it turns out ok for you now. I am not a great cook but this usually turns out ok .If when you are making up the layers the meat sauce looks a bit sloppy just use a slotted spoon to put on the layers.

Is great reheated in microwave next day too !!

Don't worry about it being "sloppy" Breda, my kids often ask me why we have so many "wet" dinners :)

Thanks again,

Conor

Hi Guys, menu for today

Breakfast
30g porridge........3pp
1/2 pt skimmilk ...3pp

Lunch
Wrap...................4pp
Chicken...............4pp
1Tbsp relish.........1pp
Tomato,peppers,cucumber,red onion

Snack
1 bananna, Grapes
2 ww yogurt..........2
2ptk velvet crunch....4
2 curley wurleys.....6(thank god I dont have any more in the house!!!. Binge alert . )Started to read book to distract myself.

Dinner
Not decided whether having left over lasagne from yesterday or chicken chow mein . Depends on what time hubby gets home from work .

Well as hubby wasnt home until late we decided on the lasagne . Majorly over points today but have weeklies

lasagne........................9pp
200g WW oven chips......4pp(were really nice)

40/29 (Thank god for weeklies)

Hope all the minis are well !!!!!

Last edited:
the lasagna sounds lovely - one of our favs as well. mine is so fattening that i havent had it for ages so may use yours :) hope you're having a good day xxxx

Back