breda's ww diary to good health

Hi Brenda

Just echoing the others don't you worry too much about using some of your weeklies...remember that's what they are for!! x

Hi Brenda

Just echoing the others don't you worry too much about using some of your weeklies...remember that's what they are for!! x

Its not so much using the weeklies i dont like . I hate eating sugary stuff that I hadnt planned for . for me that feels like a failure of a day,like i have lost control .

Hope surgery "trip" goes well xx

Thanks so much Jo and Carly. so nice of you to think of me. Im sure ill be fine its just a routine procedure but i suppose no one likes going in to hospital :wave_cry:

i'll be thinking of you tomorrow as well. xxx

i feel the same way about using weeklies in an unplanned way. it feels like losing control to me as well BUT we have to find a way to get over that as its normal to have the odd unplanned treat and its very 'diet mentality' to think we cant. we've got to remember this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. thats pretty hard to do when you are constantly thinking of goals and stuff but there must be a way :( if you think of it, lemme know and i'll do the same :D i know sugar triggers for you so its more difficult but we can do this (and we already are for the most part :D )

Thanks for the good wishes Karen . Im sure ill be back on here Saturday night or Sunday whinging again !!!!!!!!!!

You are dead right about accepting the unplanned treats but I thing what freaks me is the eating one thing after another and feeling I cant stop . now I have got better in that I dont gorge myself like i used to. I can usually start to talk to myself and remove myself from the situation or distract myself in some way but I could be three bars in and two crisps later . Thats my pattern- sweet first then salty then sweet again.. I would love to be able to just have that unplanned treat and then STOP...

I suppose it will get better with time hopefully but I think with this sugar "trigger" i will always have to be careful. My brother is diabetic so maybe theres a genetic connection.

then you've already made huge progress. i know what you mean.. i am a huge binge eater and lose control very easily. I have easily eaten large family bags of crisps followed by family bags of chocs then back for more crisps. Very shameful and something i have hidden from my family/kids/hubby but cant hide it off my bum lol. I have always eaten very healthily during the day but then binge on takeout, chocs and crisps! cutting back and working on it is the best we can do and i think we r doing darn great! xxx

confessing here bluntly and in full is soomething that helps me.... no more hiding makes it easier but its still tough! this is why i always say i cant buy family packs of anything as i will eat whatever is there. i can only buy things for the kids that i dont like :( xx

I dont think we are alone with this karen . I would be the same ,I dont eat huge quantities of dinners or lunches (usually happy with a sandwich or wrap and a yogurt) or lots of fatty fries or cheese but the binging on sweets and crisps and bread (thats another one for me) is the problem. I know my pattern now at this stage and 4-8pm are my trouble hours.

I suppose you are right in that we have improved and removing the temptation (as you do) is a big step . I hide my binging too. Think it goes with the profile!!!!!!. Well now its out there I feel a bit better . As the song says "one day at atime"

GREAT! now you have me singing Christy Lane in my head haha xx

I would love to be able to just have that unplanned treat and then STOP...

You can. Next time this happens - say 'this is good - I am going to practise stopping now' or wtte. Plan it.

Sorry - that sounds really bossy! I had hynotherapy for several months ending about three months ago. It wasn't specifically for weight loss and to be frank I was in two minds about whether it had actually worked but now I have had time to reflect I can tell I am definitely different. The last few weeks I have been cheating on SW but I have not had my normal binge blowout as a result - which is the reason why I have managed to lose slowly/sts rather than gain. There are loads of other little things that don't have much to do with slimming.

All I am saying is that you can change your response to these things but you may need help to do it.

Hi Breda, Firstly, good luck for tomorrow - I hope you are soon home and feeling better. Binging and/or the worry of never being able to stop eating is something I identify with. Earlier in the week (Sun I think) after the wedding and tasting those 'forbidden foods' I weighed 2.5lbs heavier so panicked... and ate.... 3 x Clubs, 2 x Creme Eggs and something else I don't remember and I've had to work hard this week in order not to go there again. Eating in secret? Oh yeah, been there and got the t-shirt.

The porridge sounds lovely (and sensible!).

PS. My name is Michaela!

Hope your ok tomorrow and that everything goes ok :)

Ruth
X

The very best of luck to-morrow Breda. Hope you get out of their soon and back here, keeping me in check!

Best wishes,

Conor x

Take care :) hugs x

Hi Guys, back in the land of the living . Was left out last night around 7pm. Was the last for op on Friday so didnt get back to ward till after 6pm. feel a bit sore and cant bend over to pick up anything low down but not too bad overall . going to have a lazy day today ,still in pj's . was fasting all day friday but ate everything I got on Saturday (bland hospital food but ate it anyway)AND went to MD's on the way home last night . Back to reality today with porridge. Dont know what the menu is for today cause i aint cooking. May have chinese later . Hope ye are all doing well . Will catch up with all the posts later.

welcome home breda :D Glad you're ok. a pj day and takeaway sounds very much in order for today (and tomorrow!) xxxx

Welcome back :) enjoy ur pj day xx

I'm glad all went ok Breda. Enjoy your pj day and takeaway and take things easy for a while :)

Michaela

Well didnt quiet get back to reality yesterday but back def . today..
had major chinese ..ribs ,fried rice,(set meal for 2) the lot yesterday evening . Felt like a stuffed duck after. Feeling much better and brighter this morning now so getting back to diary . At home alone this morning as all gone off to school and work . son has last full day of exams today (Technical graphics and woodwork) and last exam wednesday (music) . Brid has school until last week in July as she has "July education" which is a great month for them as they stay in routine (v.important for people with Autism) and then we are all off on hols to France first two weeks of August .

Anyway menu for today

Breakfast

30g sultana bran..............3pp
1/2 pt low-fat milk...........4pp
glass cranberry juice .......4pp(to ward off infections after surgery .. very sweet though ..dont like it)

Lunch
2* slices bread.................4pp
2*tsp flora light................1pp
60g roast chicken (cold).....2pp
1 tbsp WW mayo................1pp
1WW yogurt......................1pp

Dinner
1* chicken breast..............4pp
150g boiled potatoes..........3pp
steamed veg

Snacks
Will fill in later