breda's ww diary to good health

Hi Girls , well today went well foodwise ,felt full and just a few cravings-nothing I couldnt handle. -had good energy as well. Had scrambled egg as my protein for breakfast this morning but found it a bit hard going so early in the morning :(. I am keeping a record of everything I eat and how I feel after and what energy levels are like etc. Today was the first time in ages after lunch that I stopped eating because I was full . normally I am never full,I could always eat more . I think the sugar masks the full up signals. Its also great not to have any interest or cravings for sweet things . You can concentrate n life so much more when you are not worrying about the next binge.

sounds like a good day. Have you tried having a boiled egg for breakfast instead if you want to use egg as a protein? I find it easier to eat than scrambled and usually only do scrambled as a combined breakfast/lunch on weekends. Boiled egg with a slice of toast (WW bread in my case) and either a fresh fruit salad or drained tinned fruit (sometimes its just easier in the morning!) and I'm full until lunchtime. Easily one of my favourite low GI breakfasts :)

Keep up the good work :)

Hi Miff. Ya thats what I tried this morning now ,a boiled egg, much easier to eat at that time. Protein for breakfast every day is new to me as I usually just have porridge or cerial. Only on saturdays then we have a brunch. Today is going well so far and having steak for dinner.Yum .

Hi Girls. Have been away visiting a friend for the weekend and am glad to report that I resisted anything sweet and many bottles of wine !!!!! . I had one gin and slimline tonic which was not bad I thought. It was a great girly catch-up weekend and we were helping our friend choose a style of wedding dress as she is getting married next May.

The scales is looking good for tuesday (had a sneeky peek this evening -know I shouldnt !!) . Must be really good now tomorrow ... :eek:

Well done for being so good this weekend and good luck for WI xx

Thanks Carly . Its easier when you dont have mad cravings and can recognise your hunger . I didnt feel deprived either like I would before.

Positives from weekend:

I resisted chocolate biscuit cake :eek:

I didnt have wine:(

I still really enjoyed my weekend and nobody minded or was put out that I wasnt indulging:D

I really hope I am down now this week . The scales say I am so thats good !!!! . Will post when i get home from class . I am proud of myself for resisting this weekend . I have proved can do it now.:superwoman:frtgggggggggggggggggggggg@??. sorry cat walked over keyboard

really glad you got to enjoy the weekend and relax a bit without completely losing control of it - we all know how hard that is to do!

good luck with WI this morning - keeping everything crossed for a good loss for you

Hi All sorry for not being here all day but I have literally been running around all day .

Good news is I was down 2 lb this morning:girlpower:. Thrilled to be moving in the right direction again. Cutting out sugar works for me I know that. I just have to be careful not to overeat the healthy complex carbs now.

I have been having a few withdrawal symptoms like cravings, anxiety and I could sleep at the drop of a hat but I am hopeing this will pass this week.

I am in no way advising anyone to try this as the WW way is moderation in all things, but it just doesnt work for me and my sugar sensitive body.

Aaaah thanks Jo . Ya I am back in the groove TG. Its so much easier to eat healthily when you dont have mad cravings . I have to be careful to watch the portions of the good stuff though . Just woofed 2 boiled eggs and 3 slices of McCambridge wholemeal bread and spread totalling around 12 PP for lunch !!!!!. Thing is when you are not snacking ,by god you are ready for your meals. Hopefully I will get in to a routine in the next few weeks. :D:D

well done Breda that's a brilliant loss and definitely sounds like you are back on track.

Does snacking on sweet fruit work for you when you are craving? I've taken to making up a BIG bowl of fruit salad and sticking it in the fridge and then whenever I'm hungry I grab a bowl of it and it seems to be working for me at the moment. For some reason having it already made and ready makes me more likely to eat it than just grabbing an apple which doesn't make sense but then again whatever works lol

Keep up the good work and hopefully next week will see more of the same :)

I love fruit miff ,my trouble is i could nibble it all day .I could eat oranges by the tonne !!!!- I think I am having my day before TOTM today so am really craving . Trying to keep buzy to keep myself distracted . :mad:

Well done for the amazing loss and for feeling back in the grove! Pleased for u!!! Xxx

Hi all. Had a reasonably good day today . I even got buzy in the kitchen and made some oatmeal muffins !!!. They turned out quiet nice ,like a wholemeal scone but with no sugar.!!!. My butt is really mad itchy:eek: (I know TMI!!!!) so I think I could be experiencing some die-off symptoms as the candida in my stomach is starved of the sugar.

Being off the sugar makes it much easier to stay within points. I am amazed that I can get to a point now where I am full and actually couldnt eat ... unknown for me.

Hope the week is going well for everyone.

That's brill hun! Muffins sound yummy :) are u resisting anything sweet? Xx

Ya Carly ,I am off all processed sugar products(cakes,biscuits,sweets,chocolate,dried fruit anything with sugar added in the ingrediants) only eating fruit and veg for my sugars . Its not as bad as it sounds actually once you get over the initial few days .I am also trying to eat all brown carbs as in wholemeal bread,brown rice, brown rice pasta etc.

I have definitly seen a difference in my energy levels. Got LOADS of housework done today . I cant say the scales is flying down but I will be very happy at a constant 1-2lb a week. I am still counting my points to keep my portions in check . I wouldnt recommend this for everyone but for me sugar is definitly addictive and causes me to binge.

U are both stronger than me! Without it I would give up... Crazy I kno x

Hi Girls . Jo thanks as always for the support . I hope I have your determination to stick with it now. I made one silly slip today and had a wrap in McDonalds thinking it was the lesser of evils but got the chilli sauce one which of course was really sweet !!! :booboo:. Had 2 big red hot ears after which I have learned from the kids means they have eaten something they are sensitive to . :mad: .Anyway I know there are always going to be slip ups and ill just forgive myself and move on.

Carly . The thing about sweet stuff is the more you have the more you need. Its amazing how nice REAL food is when you cut out the sugar. But I think its up to everyone to find their own way. I just know its right for my body .

:) sure ur wrap wasn't too bad petal xx

Back