breda's ww diary to good health

We bought ours from a guy from the North of Ireland. It cost 200 euro but he gave us a huge cage/run as well and even the little feeding bowls and you also need a heating lamp and a heating mat where he can have a hotspot to sleep on when the weather gets cold. (this tortoise does not hibernate). They dont do very much but we bought it for my autistic daughter because she was always talking about it . She loves picking her up and watching her legs wiggle !!!!!!

Stayed the same today at WI . Bit disappointed but I think the reason is I have another TOTM this week(Had one two weeks ago a well????) . I am putting it down to either my age or my thyroid .. Anyway hopefully will see a loss next week.

Last edited:
Thanks missy bct . I felt I had a reaonably good week but I think its the hormones are all over the place at the moment . hopefully it will have leveled out by next tuesday.(WI-day) :D.

Glad to see you being so positive - it's not easy getting back on track & fighting the sugar demons etc so to have got back to this stage is fantastic. Don't worry about the sts - my guess is it's just your body adjusting & it'll show next week instead xx

It's horrible when you have cravings! I baked a chocolate cake from the WW esource yesterday - it is quite good (has prunes in it to bulk it out) and it satisfies my sweet craving, but I'm not the hugest sweet person, so it may be different for others.

I hope you've had a good day xxx

Hi bct and Miff . Have had a good day so far . going to start my tracking here again because I want to make sure my portions arnt going over points.

Breakfast 8pp
30g shredded wheat 3pp
1/2 pt LF milk............4pp
1 mini baby bel(light). 1pp

Lunch..7pp
2* slices McCambridge wholemeal ..4pp
2* tsp flora light........1pp
2* slices thin ham......2pp

Snack: Orange, apple.

Dinner
3* chicken legs in pepper sauce 12pp
2* tbp garden peas /brocalli...........2pp
150g boiled potatoe...........3pp

Before bed
tea ,bowl of tinned fruit and apple

points so far..................32/29

3 weeklies used

Hi everyone, now I know everyone is going to give out to me but I had a sneaky peek today at the scales (I know i have told other people not to !!!!!! big hypocrite :(:() . All I can say in my defence is I normally dont .... Anyway I was sorry I did as it is "STUCK" solidly on 14st 7lb and wont move .... I could have jumped up and down on the darn thing !!!!(been this weight for 2 weeks now )

I know I still have TOTM at the moment (dont know whats going on there either !!) and thats the reason why but I thought I might have seen something !!!!

Patience ..........Patience ..........Patience

It could be that it'll come off later in the week so try not to stress over it if you can. What I would say is to write everyone down this week, & I mean EVERYTHING, & take it with you to your meeting. That way if you have sts again you can immediately go over what you are eating with your leader & see if it's just a temporary plateau or if there's any adjustments she can help with rather than you having to wait a week. It could be something that is being counted wrong or the balance of what you are eating or something along those lines - although your menu plans on here always look good to me so might not help but worth a try.

I knows it's easier said than done but try not to let it get you down - you know you are sticking to it and it's not something you are doing wrong so your body will catch up at some point if you persevere with it xxx

Hugs petal!! Are u drinking enough? Are u eating all ur weeklies? Exercise? They will shift! It's probs just pesky totm! Hugs xxx

Hi all. Well I am here this morning trying to decide if i will go to WI or not. Due to continuous heavy bleeding I had to go to Doc yesterday and she says its all part of the menopause !!!!:sigh::sigh: . (had nothing june,july ..light august ,light september now fllodgates open !!) She put me on a tab (provera) to try and regulate things .. I feel washed out and know I have put up weight on the scales but I suppose ill go anyway to get my weeks motivation..

Will let ye know how it goes :(.

Back from WI and up 0.5lb . Not too bad concidering ,I really thought it would be more, so glad I went now . Our leader wants all our trackers between this and Christmas so thats an added incentive to stay on track. I am gonna be down to 14 st by Christmas if I have to cut off a leg !!!!!!!!

Oh Brenda, sorry to hear you are suffering - I haven't hit that period but I have incredibly erratic and irregular periods, so I know how constant bleeding feels like - I must have had it for two weeks last month! Was horrible :(

Just stick with it, and I'm sure you'll be 14st by Xmas! xxx

Thanks missy . I have always been very regular up to about two years ago when I went from 28 days to 21 days but this is the first time Ive ever had continuous heavy periods like this . Anyway if this tab works it should stop things.....

U will defo be 14 Stone ;) I have every faith!!! Hope it settles down! Cx

Hi Missy ... Its a miracle , that tablet is amazing . things seem to have stopped this morning (so far anyway:D ) . I am soooo happy . I also put on a tracksuit pants this morning that was skintight before and its much looser now . Today is a good day so far !!!!!. How are you feeling honey ? . I hope you are having a good day so far . You are up bright and early anyway . :D:D

Breda has your doctor done blood tests to see whether it is actually the start of menopause? Only reason I asked is my mum had similar & was told it was the menopause & in the end it worked out it was fibroids so make sure they do double check to be sure.

Hope the tablet kicks in soon for you & you start feeling better - have a look at getting some iron tablets on board as well to make sure it doesn't make you anaemic xx

Back