*Brittany's diary of an overweight twentysomething*

BrittW

Timelord
I quite like the idea of a diary so this shall be my personal outlet. Lol.

It's kinda heartbreaking to think that if i hadn't given up SW in March and i carried on, i would probably be at target by now. But hey - life lesson learnt.

So Week 1: -4.5lb's
Week 2: STS
Week 3: -2 lb's
Week 4: -3.5lb's
Week 5: -4.5lb's
Week 6: -1lb
Week 7: ?????

I've got my WI tonight so hopefully will be continuing onwards and downwards.

I joined a gym last night, well a gym of sorts, it's a Curves 30 minute fitness centre which involves going on 9 fitness machines and dancing/jogging stations in between. It looks fun and i got a good workout last night so i plan to go to that 3 times a week (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays incase you're interested) to help tone up as i lose the weight.

As i once read: You can make excuses, or you can lose weight. You can't do both.

And i'm fed up with all the lame arse excuses i keep giving myself.
So - here's to the first day of the rest of my life.

I don't know why i'm feeling all motivated today but i won't question it haha! xxxxx

Last edited:
Welll done Hun!!!!

A diary that contains your thoughts and feelings is a good way to make yourself heard. You can look back on it all and think that this is a part of your life that you can move on from and help others understand what you were going through at that time.
Glad that Curves worked out for you in the end!!

Kerry-Ann
xx

Yeah Thanks :)
Well considering i want a Slimming World cover when i get to target it'll help to keep a diary of sorts i can use in my article haha!!

Curves was good. And it feels kinda nice to say "I'll be at the gym tonight..." considering i haven't been in one in YEARS purely because of embarrasment... xx

Well done for joining curves, it sounds much better than a regular gym, full of variety.

How much is Curves babe?

I haven't actually paid any money yet...
I don't get paid until Friday and i've told them this and they said i could go and sort it out after Friday lol...
I think it's about £29 a month but i don't know about a joining fee, i haven't signed anything yet. xx

I am hoping to get some vouchers from the Dr's to help pay for a gym or something. I like the idea of a pay as you go gym.

good to see you are more posative honey xxx
exercise is brilliant for your confidence too ..you will soon be on the front page young lady !!!!
love and hugs xxxx

Ah thanks Gilly, you're always so lovely to me.

This site will DEFINATELY get a mention if i get a SW cover haha!! xx

I haven't actually paid any money yet...
I don't get paid until Friday and i've told them this and they said i could go and sort it out after Friday lol...
I think it's about £29 a month but i don't know about a joining fee, i haven't signed anything yet. xx

When I was going to Class, SW would pay for sw members joining fee at curves I think it about £40..

Ooh i haven't heard of any deals like that... i'll ask tonight at my WI xxx

Do because my friend joined.....she has had a slow weight loss since joining but she has lost loads of inches. If your Consultant asks tell her you got the info from so one who attending the Stakeford class in Northumberland

Hun, I noticed from your other thread yesterday that you said your work mates dont talk to you? Why is that if you dont mind my asking?

Hun, I noticed from your other thread yesterday that you said your work mates dont talk to you? Why is that if you dont mind my asking?

I don't mind at all, because it's not me - it's them.

This is by far the quietest office i've ever worked in, no one talks to each other unless they need something or are talking about work. There's one woman who talks to herself and she doesn't like me for some reason, won't look me in the eye and KEEPS saying my name wrong even though i've corrected here a million times so i've given up.

I asked a guy in here why it was so quiet and he said "Is it? I hadn't noticed" There's only 8 people in here and they are all from completely different walks of life, spose they have nothing to talk about. I haven't said one word out loud in here today other than "Morning"
It's like i'm doing a sponsored silence!! Haha xxx

God, that sounds awful! Are you temping? You are also really lucky to have internet access at work so guess that is a bonus!

I don't have proper internet access, i can't get facebook or anything lol...

Yeah i'm just temping until the middle of January. That's when the contract is up anyway xxx

What do you do?

I don't mind at all, because it's not me - it's them.

This is by far the quietest office i've ever worked in, no one talks to each other unless they need something or are talking about work. There's one woman who talks to herself and she doesn't like me for some reason, won't look me in the eye and KEEPS saying my name wrong even though i've corrected here a million times so i've given up.

I asked a guy in here why it was so quiet and he said "Is it? I hadn't noticed" There's only 8 people in here and they are all from completely different walks of life, spose they have nothing to talk about. I haven't said one word out loud in here today other than "Morning"
It's like i'm doing a sponsored silence!! Haha xxx

sorry your office is no fun. I worked in a great office, there werent many of us and we were all different ages but we got on well. When we had temps in we always made them feel really welcome, i still keep in contact with one actually. It seems that they are being quite rude, either that or they just are part of a quiet office. Do they talk among themselves and ignore you or do they just not talk.

They just don't talk at all, no one in there does..
I do admin for the council - nothing exciting lol..

just got back from WI and as the new title says... 3.5lb's off and SOTW and my half stone award!!
I've got them in my signature now - i'm really pleased. xxxx

Back