Buddies wanted. Starting Friday

Hi All

I am new to minimins today looking for buddies going through the same things, emotionally especially! I started the Cambridge diet in October and have lost 4 stone up untill Christmas where i hade 2 weeks off, during that time i only put on 3lb which i was amazed at considering i ate everything in site and did not deny myself one thing. been back on the diet this week, as i have ALOT to loose still, trying to be extra good with water and been for a 30 min walk nearly every night. Then for no reason tonight i wanted a dominos....so i ordered one. now i feel awful. i feel like i have ruined the whole week and weigh in tomorrow. even though i want to loose weight more than i want pizza i had mo self control, and makes me question my ability to do this.

But hi all :)

Hi kirsty

Hope ur doing well and back om track... you have done so so well! So big fat pat on the back! So dont give in now.. yes u had a blip of dominos but no big deal u can gey back on track and get the rest of the weight off... good luck to u and im sure most of us r in the same shoes and struggling after xmas off.. x

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb
need to lose 4stones 8lbs
hit target by 01.03.15(17 weeks)

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week6 - lost 1lb (12.11 had few days off due to infection)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)
week 9 - gain 8lb (13.0 xmas off and time of the month!)
week 10 - loss 3lbs (12.11)

Hey craftylittlerat...

How u doing??? How's it going with gym and diet? I think il defo need to see someone too!!! Mentally.. and ur doing fine a little nibble is better thn totally giving in... chocs nearly gone so after that u will b ok... i know the feeling after weigh in i just wanna give in n have every carb n sugar existing!! But i usually tend to go for a grilled chicken or seekh so i dont feel bad as im still in ketosis..

Good luck with ur weigh in keep us posted... hoping i have a better loss thn 3lb as im back on ss not ssplus xx

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)

Heyyyy
Also does anyone know if we can have the spag bol on ss? Has anyone tried it yet? I tried the veg soup and omg i am in love i had 2 soups today and 1 choc mint shake! Xxx

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)

Heyyyy Also does anyone know if we can have the spag bol on ss? Has anyone tried it yet? I tried the veg soup and omg i am in love i had 2 soups today and 1 choc mint shake! Xxx start weight 14st8lb target weight 10st0lb need to lose 4stones 8lbs hit target by 01.03.15(17 weeks) week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1) week2 - lost 3lb (13.12) week3 - lost 6lb (13.6) week4 - lost 5lb (13.1) week5 - lost 3lb (12.12) week6 - lost 1lb (12.11 had few days off due to infection) week7 - lost 3lb (12.8) week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6) week 9 - gain 8lb (13.0 xmas off and time of the month!) week 10 - loss 3lbs (12.11)

You can have any of the products on ss! The spag Bol and mushroom rice are higher cals but they are filling!

Thanks for the reply tigemma... yes i went to swap some chic mints today and it was actually quite nice did get the risotto to try so will let u know.. the spag bol has slight after taste like a sweet taste so will be adding chilli next time...
Do u think it will make any difference to my losses with it being higher calori as i just want to get to target soon as i can and dont want to have spag bol n it affects that?? X

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)

Tried to upload a pic of spag bol but wont do it!?

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)

It's a matter of a few cals so it shouldn't make any difference to your losses. I think it's good that the variety is there. But basically if you had 3 spag bols you'd still only be having about 615 cals in a day. So you're still in VLCD mode. No need to worry at all!

I add pepper or chilli to all the savoury things...

Xxx

Hi Mya - It's so so minimal I'm sure it won't matter! I'm limiting myself to 2 a week, but I feel I'm more carb sensitive than others and haven't actually tested with more but just a gut feeling!

Today I found out I didn't get the job. I am so upset and frustrated, it was my boss' job and I cover his work when he's off. I'd hoped I'd conveyed that well enough to get it but evidently not. I think what it will come down too (feedback tomorrow) is lack of management history as the other person had had a temp promotion before and managed a team. Basically it sounds like I need to get a TP to gain management skills, but I can't get a TP because I don't have management skills! Talk about a catch 22! It comes at sort of the end of a lot of feeling under appreciated and under valued and it's the last straw really. I'll hang around to see if it goes on a permanent promotion but if not, or if I don't get it I'm applying for anything and everything that comes up.

So the urge to comfort eat was high. Rhys (my other half) even brought me up a creme egg from the shop because he thought it would cheer me up. I'm very happy to say it's STILL IN MY DESK DRAW and I didn't eat it! We went to the gym instead, and weirdly I feel a bit better after sweating for a bit.

No picking today either. Just 4 products (1 extra because of the Gym, as approved by my consultant) Back in the zone mentally I think now. Prove em all wrong right? This time next year I'll be skinny and after my big bosses - the one who turned me down - job!

Hiya, if your feedback says lack of management experience your employer are obligated to help you rectify that with training courses and mentoring etc! In fact anything they say as a negative they should help you with to improve your chances next time...

Xxx

Thanks Tiggemma - had a chat today with a different sort of manager, not my direct one but she sort of guides me with some special project work I do and she's really really wanting to help me get on. Things I do in this project work over the next 6 months will help immensely. My big boss also offered more opportunities today in my feedback; several of which she'd not really told me existed before - even though she knew I was wanting to get on! Very relaxed coasting to retirement attitude with her, but good now I suppose. I'm also going to keep my eye out for courses in different divisions and beg to be put on them as my area doesn't do anything like that. Just very frustrating as stuff like this happens so very rarely and I wanted to stay in my department - but their loss I suppose.

It's a matter of a few cals so it shouldn't make any difference to your losses. I think it's good that the variety is there. But basically if you had 3 spag bols you'd still only be having about 615 cals in a day. So you're still in VLCD mode. No need to worry at all!

I add pepper or chilli to all the savoury things...

Xxx

Tiggemma thanks and yes i tried it some pepper and spices and was so tasty! And yes as long as it doesn't make any difference to my losses i will continue with it as it just feels so nice like actual food but i may split it and turn 1 pack into 2 meals so lunch and tea and then have soup for dinner oh n choc mint 4 breki... thanks for that info appreciate it... hope ur doing ok and back into it after xmas time.. x

Hi Mya - It's so so minimal I'm sure it won't matter! I'm limiting myself to 2 a week, but I feel I'm more carb sensitive than others and haven't actually tested with more but just a gut feeling!

Today I found out I didn't get the job. I am so upset and frustrated, it was my boss' job and I cover his work when he's off. I'd hoped I'd conveyed that well enough to get it but evidently not. I think what it will come down too (feedback tomorrow) is lack of management history as the other person had had a temp promotion before and managed a team. Basically it sounds like I need to get a TP to gain management skills, but I can't get a TP because I don't have management skills! Talk about a catch 22! It comes at sort of the end of a lot of feeling under appreciated and under valued and it's the last straw really. I'll hang around to see if it goes on a permanent promotion but if not, or if I don't get it I'm applying for anything and everything that comes up.

So the urge to comfort eat was high. Rhys (my other half) even brought me up a creme egg from the shop because he thought it would cheer me up. I'm very happy to say it's STILL IN MY DESK DRAW and I didn't eat it! We went to the gym instead, and weirdly I feel a bit better after sweating for a bit.

No picking today either. Just 4 products (1 extra because of the Gym, as approved by my consultant) Back in the zone mentally I think now. Prove em all wrong right? This time next year I'll be skinny and after my big bosses - the one who turned me down - job!

Hey craftylilrat...
Ok so im also carb sensitive bt i did speak to my consultant today and she advised it will make no difference at all even if i was to have 3 a day just like tiggemma said.. so thats good to know coz it tastes brilliant and feels like food! My friend constipation is just not leaving me alone! Tmi!! So gonna take some dulcolax tonight. .

As for the job im sorry to hear that you didn't get it but im a strong believer that whatever happens there's always a good reason behind it... like u said in ur last comment about the training programmes. . Go for it... do as many as u can and keep ur other boss sweet who is helping you out and come next year maybe you will be in a better position anx applying for the biggest bosses job! Give yourself a pat on the back as you have resisted the chocolate n its still in ur drawer! wooohooo! Thats a plus a very big plus so u b proud of ur strength!!

And yay no picking and back on track you go girl! You show them who is boss get ur skinny on and grab th job and u will be having the last laugh...

So think positive and keep focus which u r... n good luck with weigh in xxxx

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)

Hi Mya - I think between me and you we're keeping the dulcolax people in business! I also said to my consultant I feel I'm so carb sensitive and she said the same as you! That I could have them 3 times a day if I wanted and keep on loosing - suppose I have so little faith in me actually loosing weight that I wanted to limit them. I've still got 2 as they're such a pain in work to heat up - got to go find a microwave and queue for it and I always manage to make them boil over wherever I go!

Weighed in last night as me and my consultant are both busy this weekend. I never weigh at night, but I thought i'd stay the same and I needed products so I said yep no problem. I'd eaten 3 packets, drunk my water and gone to the Gym for an hour and a half before I went to see her.

Lost 2 lbs!

Happy with that, wish it was more as I always do but that's me back at least to where I was before Christmas. Only way is down from here and I'm hoping for a really really good one this week of about 4lbs. I really want to be under 15 stone by Feb 16th when I'm seeing my really really supportive friend. I want Angie to be really proud of me!

The dulce lax opens your bowels but you need to soften your poop too. So make sure you're having enough water and try adding some fibre like psyllium husks to your day! Xxx

hey ladies how are you? well had my week away which was amazing but got weighed yesterday and gained 8lb so pretty miserable with that cant believe imy 2nd month on Cambridge and ive gained 4lb but 3 whole weeks off plan. im trying to be good had the spag bol tonight and thought it was lovely but then had some spoons of macaroni cheese after it but il keep pushing 5 weeks till my party really want to lose 1st 10lb that will take me to 3st loss for my birthday.
just feeling really stressed about it all.

I hope yous are doing well xx

Hey Melissa - I'm sure all of that 8lbs is water weight. Glad you had a fab time away, and at least now you know what to do to fix the gain. I found going back in after Christmas really hard. I'm going to make sure I stay as low carb as I can if I go off in the future!

I've booked a mini break for me and the OH to Chester at the start of Feb and I'm excited as we get to go to Chester Zoo, but I didn't really think about the plan when booking! We've not been away together for years, all of our holidays have been at my parents and so it's long overdue. Just going to have to go low carb.

Ordered some water flavorings online from Slim and Save - they had a wider variety with no citric acid and were cheaper for the flavours than Cambridge. I feel guilty now though - but I like my flavourings and berry and orange have got a bit boring.

Today I managed to eat my 3 packs and I went to the gym as well. Feel better every time I go - hopefully establishing a long term habit. More compliments today in work as well so must be going in the right direction!

hey ladies how are you? well had my week away which was amazing but got weighed yesterday and gained 8lb so pretty miserable with that cant believe imy 2nd month on Cambridge and ive gained 4lb but 3 whole weeks off plan. im trying to be good had the spag bol tonight and thought it was lovely but then had some spoons of macaroni cheese after it but il keep pushing 5 weeks till my party really want to lose 1st 10lb that will take me to 3st loss for my birthday.
just feeling really stressed about it all.

I hope yous are doing well xx

Hey Melissa

How r u? Back safe n sound :) glad u had a brilliant time away and sont worry about the 8lb gain.. it will all be water weight and will come off in no time... dont worry and just get back on ss u have done so well and im sure you will continue to do well and get to your birthday goal... x

Hey Melissa - I'm sure all of that 8lbs is water weight. Glad you had a fab time away, and at least now you know what to do to fix the gain. I found going back in after Christmas really hard. I'm going to make sure I stay as low carb as I can if I go off in the future!

I've booked a mini break for me and the OH to Chester at the start of Feb and I'm excited as we get to go to Chester Zoo, but I didn't really think about the plan when booking! We've not been away together for years, all of our holidays have been at my parents and so it's long overdue. Just going to have to go low carb.

Ordered some water flavorings online from Slim and Save - they had a wider variety with no citric acid and were cheaper for the flavours than Cambridge. I feel guilty now though - but I like my flavourings and berry and orange have got a bit boring.

Today I managed to eat my 3 packs and I went to the gym as well. Feel better every time I go - hopefully establishing a long term habit. More compliments today in work as well so must be going in the right direction!

Heyy craftylittlerat

How are you... sounds like a fun trip away i could do with one! Or two!! Lol... hope u have a good time and i love chester zoo been a while since i went but as great fun... and yes stick to low carb thats what i need to do as well as its my worst enemy! As for dulcolax me and you are definitely keeping the business going haha...

Well done on 3 packs and gym! High 5 to u as i canr imagine any exercise on vlcd! So hats off to u... im sure the compliments make it easier and make u want to give it ur 100%.. always a nice feeling to hear that people can see the difference.

Good luck with weigh in and well done on ur loss too...

Xx

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)

Hi everyone

So a quick update i didnt get weighed! As snow was so bad so my consultant just came to the car and passes my products as she has a very steep driveway and i was too scared of falling hahah so will update my stats on sunday at wi xxz

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)
week 11 - no weigh in snow

Oh no! I'm glad we've not had any snow here as my consultant lives on the side of a big hill! Must be so frustrating if you feel you've had a good week to have to wait till Sunday - on the other hand maybe a change to get another lb or so off. Can't wait to see how you do.

I've found the Gym super helpful. I don't go mental, but just moving is nice for a bit as I'm in an office job all day so get very little exercise in that way. It's never really been about my size for me, more about my health and the gym really helps with the health part and toning as well. I feel like after being so ill for so so long (Good spells and bad spells since a teenager and then a constant BAD spell since 2008) that I just want to DO EVERYTHING now while I can.

Hello all.
I started this thread and didn't get started due to a move of countries then christmas etc etc excuses excuses!! Anyway, I'm on week 3 of cambridge sole source plus. Lost a stone and half a pound in the first 2 weeks. woop woop! Hope everyone else is doing well??? I'm losing the weight for ivf as I mentioned earlier and am super determined. Bring on next weigh in! xxxx

Back