Busybusy's Route to 9.7

Hi BB

Highly recommend you avoid the bars except emergencies (once a month not a day;) )

They stall majority of people. Shakes dont seem to stall folk - i dont like them as im hungry so soon afterwards but many find them useful

Very interesting to read about the bars stalling people, as I've just looked up atkins online suggested vegetarian induction menu for 7 days and it includes 1 shake and 2 bars each day, in fact theres very little actual food on it!

Hahahaha never been compared to a giraffe before, being less than 5ft tall lol - but I got the "laugh" bit - our Susie is a foreigner ya see.

I usually have one of the choc and crispy bits bars in the cupboard in case of emergencies but try not to use them too much as they definitely do stall, but sometimes better than the alternative of course xx

Hello Busy :) ooh it's nice over here on the Atkins forum, smells like FOOD :D lol!!
Hope your enjoying it my amigo xxxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi BB

Highly recommend you avoid the bars except emergencies (once a month not a day;) )

They stall majority of people. Shakes dont seem to stall folk - i dont like them as im hungry so soon afterwards but many find them useful

I think thats sound asvice

Basically the bars were introduced by Atkins the company, after the death of Atkins the man. If you read the things he said about fake treats you can see he'd never have approved them himself.

But it makes a lot of money for the company for them to say you can do the diet and still eat 2 choc bars and a shake every day, so the stuffs all over the website. I can't imagine anyone losing successfully following their menus.

The shakes use different sweeteners to the bas and so they don't seem to stall people in the same way. Basically the bars are full of sugar alcohol which, just like regular alcohol, gets burnt off before any fat does. So they're find now and again but regularly they'll probably stall you.

Very interesting to read about the bars stalling people, as I've just looked up atkins online suggested vegetarian induction menu for 7 days and it includes 1 shake and 2 bars each day, in fact theres very little actual food on it!

I think like any organisation (as Atkins has now become) that's obviously a lot to do with maximising income through selling products. You could probably do it without the shakes or bars with the induction food list. I dont know if you would need to do induction as your already primed in K and ready to go. Generally I see endless possibilities and food choices ie. We'r having lamb curry I will obviously spoon the lamb and have little of the sauce and no bread, instead Saag Paneer (spinach & feta cheeseas a side). Eating clean and green and going back to basics is the main focus. The only things are frowned upon is all the fast-on-the-go refined stuff. You could get your protien from fish and eggs +all the veg, and cook it in manner of ways for variety.

To me the book and his principles make a lot of sense in this consumer society.

Hahahaha never been compared to a giraffe before, being less than 5ft tall lol - but I got the "laugh" bit - our Susie is a foreigner ya see.

I usually have one of the choc and crispy bits bars in the cupboard in case of emergencies but try not to use them too much as they definitely do stall, but sometimes better than the alternative of course xx

Bloody foreigners!! LOL. (just joking susie :)).....Did'nt bother to get bars went into boots and spent the money on posh make-up instead. As contingencies they would be good but trust myslef soldier any bad times out. Got no pennies left now anyway.

It's another wet miserable day here....ahhh so depressing.

Hello Busy :) ooh it's nice over here on the Atkins forum, smells like FOOD :D lol!!
Hope your enjoying it my amigo xxxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi kinky, thanks for dropping by your always very welcome. It's going good a bit too good really, keep stuffing myself hope your not going anywhere as I'll be crying come WI. :(

Basically the bars were introduced by Atkins the company, after the death of Atkins the man. If you read the things he said about fake treats you can see he'd never have approved them himself.

But it makes a lot of money for the company for them to say you can do the diet and still eat 2 choc bars and a shake every day, so the stuffs all over the website. I can't imagine anyone losing successfully following their menus.

The shakes use different sweeteners to the bas and so they don't seem to stall people in the same way. Basically the bars are full of sugar alcohol which, just like regular alcohol, gets burnt off before any fat does. So they're find now and again but regularly they'll probably stall you.

That's exactly what I think, the products are there just to make money. If you read his principles it gives you a clear idea of the ways in which the diet/way of eating works best. Which is ti go back to basics, produce meals without using ingredients that dont additives, refined carbs and sugars.

Hey busy gorgeous lady, hope you're enjoying your yummmmy diet today :D :hug99: xx

Hey busy gorgeous lady, hope you're enjoying your yummmmy diet today :D :hug99: xx

Hi giggles, thanks for popping over it means a lot. I am enjoying the yummy diet with glee :D. How are you?

Today's update

B.Green tea, 1L water
L.Spicy omlette made with a mushroom, onion, fresh corianderand 3 eggs.
T.Not Hungry
D.Will be Lamb curry (de-sauced) and Saag-Paneer (spinach & feta curry, my lo-carb saag-aloo).
+2.5L water so far +teas .

the dinner does sound tasty. I need to get more adventurous! xxx

Ooh do you have a saag paneer recipe? It's my favorite from the takeaway but I daren't have it while lo carbing as I know it contains onion.

Saag paneer:

Okay it does have onion ML but in the grand scheme of things I dont think it's gonna make a difference. Okay here goes I never measure so I'll try and give exact amounts.

Table spoon of any oil or butter ot ghee I used olive
Small sprinkle of mustard seeds (or cumin if you have/or both) Optional dont worry if you cant source
Tea spoon curry or chilli powder (if you live near any asian food shops invest in some kashmiri mixed spices and this is all you'll ever need for any curry.
Tea spoon chilli flakes
Small onion finely chopped
2-3 cloves garlic crushed (optional/or half tea spoon ginger powder)
small sprout sized ginger crushed (optional/or same as above)
Small tomato chopped
300g Spinach/or baby spinach/bunches or pre-packed
Paneer/Feta/Halloumi 50g which ever you want or can find.

Heat the oil and add mustard/cumin seeds until the M seeds start to pop or the cumin starts to turn brown and releases an aroma, add and fry the onion until suateed add the tomato, add chilli powder stir fry untill the chilli powder turns goldenie and the oil separates from the onion and tomato. Add the chilli flakes and stir for a further 2-3mins add a little water throughout to stop from sticking. Add the spinach and let it simmer until it wilts. Then add the cheese and turn the heat up and dry out the saag until desired consistency. This will make 4 around 4 batches depending how much you dry it out and can be frozen. This is so versatile I would roughly use this to make almost all veg curries.

Back