Bye bye blubber! Let's get this show (back) on the road!

You know what Lily. I was thinking the exact same thing and was wondering if it's because Facebook groups have been so popular? Personally only use it on the odd occasion. So I won't be straying any time soon.

How did today go???

That's what I thought too - about FB, I mean. And I hardly ever use FB - it's just not me. I like to write lots sometimes and FB just doesn't lend itself to that - it's all sound bites.

Morning missy!

Off to take alara swimming shortly. How are you today?

Ooh, swimming - excellent. I've not been swimming for... Erm, a very long time! Hope you have fun!

I'm doing ok. Day 3! It's going well so far! I'm a bit tired, but if I'm honest, it's kind of nice to be empty. I've had tummy troubles off and on for such a long time and I was getting fed up with waking up with a sore belly. I know damned well that I'm going to end up constipated instead, ha ha.

So, another quiet-ish day planned. I've been let off cooking Sunday dinner (how kind, huh? ;)) and we'll be going to see a film later, so that should keep me out of trouble this evening.

Right - time to drink some water! :waterbottle::waterbottle:

That's what I thought too - about FB, I mean. And I hardly ever use FB - it's just not me. I like to write lots sometimes and FB just doesn't lend itself to that - it's all sound bites. Ooh, swimming - excellent. I've not been swimming for... Erm, a very long time! Hope you have fun! I'm doing ok. Day 3! It's going well so far! I'm a bit tired, but if I'm honest, it's kind of nice to be empty. I've had tummy troubles off and on for such a long time and I was getting fed up with waking up with a sore belly. I know damned well that I'm going to end up constipated instead, ha ha. So, another quiet-ish day planned. I've been let off cooking Sunday dinner (how kind, huh? ;)) and we'll be going to see a film later, so that should keep me out of trouble this evening. Right - time to drink some water! :waterbottle::waterbottle:

Lilly I know the constipation problem well. You may have heard if them but just in case .... There's a natural tea bag you can buy called Slimatee. It's in holland and barrat, eBay, etc. it looks to be natural ingredients. You have one cup at night and all is good in the morning. You can take it for 2 weeks at a time. I tend to have a cup when I feel blocked. It definitely works and to menus better than a laxative. Be warned, it does work. So take it in a day you can be close to the loo!!

Lilly I know the constipation problem well. You may have heard if them but just in case .... There's a natural tea bag you can buy called Slimatee. It's in holland and barrat, eBay, etc. it looks to be natural ingredients. You have one cup at night and all is good in the morning. You can take it for 2 weeks at a time. I tend to have a cup when I feel blocked. It definitely works and to menus better than a laxative. Be warned, it does work. So take it in a day you can be close to the loo!!

LOL, thanks Julie. :) I have heard of it, but never tried it - maybe I will! I usually end up taking the rather less than gentle Dulcolax cos I know that will work. But ouch...

Anyway, enough about that lovely subject. Time to make a shake, methinks!

Hi Lily - so nice to see you back and motivated.

I've hanging around since mid February. Went right of the rails last year, gaining slowly at first, but really put weight on towards the end of the year which gave me a total of nearly 3 stone between Easter and Christmas :mad: Anyway been back and on Slim and Save and managed to lose just over 2 stones fairly quickly, had a break at Easter and then lost a few pounds more. Was OK until during the past few days - combination of stress, food (or should I say pack) boredom and knowing I am off on holiday shortly. I really want to lose another stone, plus the 18lb I rabbited on about for heavens knows how long, but never managed to do anything about.

So good luck with this week - you'll soon be in ketosis and feel better.

So swimming was great. I forgot how much I like to swim. Guess swimsuit anxiety put me off. Then I looked around the pool and saw people of all shapes and sizes and though...heck. I guess I'm worried about nothing.

popped into town to pick up a memory foam topper. Which is now underneath my doubly cushioned butt as I lie binge watching once upon a time with alara. Thank god it's Sunday!!!

when are you weighing lily?

Well, I started on Friday - so Friday, I s'pose.

Glad swimming was good. And yes, memory foam is wonderful stuff. We invested in a fabulous new bed about last October time. It's so comfortably squishy that it takes real effort to turn over, LOL. :D

Lily....I hope your quietness is just a lull...a period of introspection....hope you are not having a tough day!!!

Lily....I hope your quietness is just a lull...a period of introspection....hope you are not having a tough day!!!

Worry not, I remain golden. :D Just a really busy day at work!

So - day 4, woohoo! (Or something like that ;))

Mad day working at home - I actually get more me time if I travel into London. :( Today was a delightful day of email answering, paper writing and a two hour teleconference to discuss KPIs (just the term KPIs makes me wince. However did we get work done before they invented KPIs? Imagine, we all wandered around in a non-target driven wilderness - NOT :mad: ).

Still, it kept me out of trouble, right? No opportunities to even think about consuming something other than my delicious and nutritious VLCD products.

So now I'm knackered and watching mindless telly. :) I feel another early-ish night coming on (oh, the exhilarating life of a VLCD dieter... :8855:)

Hurray!!! Where is the keto fairy emoji when you need her. How many net carbs are the lighter life shakes???? Btw...I've heard the toffee bars are heavenly...May need to get some!!!

Hurray!!! Where is the keto fairy emoji when you need her. How many net carbs are the lighter life shakes???? Btw...I've heard the toffee bars are heavenly...May need to get some!!!

17.8g net carb in the LL Fast shake I just looked at (sweetened with sucralose, so no polyols). Not tried any toffee bars - are they also in the "Fast" range?

And as for the Ketosis Fairy - not fairy-like, but about right for the job...

image.jpg

:8855:

Oh man... I've just taken some "before" photos in my oversized magenta pink nightie. And no, I won't be posting them until some of the lard has gone.

Ack. :fear:

I aim to please. :)

Morning peeps. Back on the train today, yay. :rolleyes: Still, the sun is shining, and Kate's car stereo blasted out "Mr Blue Sky" on the way to station this morning (which will now go around my head all day), so things could be worse.

Day 5 - hurrah! It's getting easier. And in a breaking newsflash, I actually slept last night without taking painkillers - momentous news, honest. I'm ashamed to say I can't remember how long it's been since I gave my liver a break. :ashamed0005: And that's despite the ketosis fairy bringing the TOTM fairy to the party yesterday (what is it about starting Cambridge that makes your body go, "Wahay, bring on the period pain!"?? Hormones, grumble :rant2:).

Right. Time to try a LL Fast Cafe Latte. This had better not be disgusting.... :fingerscrossed:

Hmm. Not awful, but very very very sweet. In a "You're going to be painfully aware of how much artificial sweetener I contain, ha ha ha" way. :sign0137:

I think it probably needs diluting a bit, and then it might be passable. A bit more coffee flavour wouldn't have gone amiss, either.

So far the LL Fast ready mades are not impressing. Three more flavours to try!

Someone remind me not to have the S&S Cottage Pie with Spring Onions again.

I think I'll still have the onion taste repeating on me this time next week... :eek:

Back