Bye bye blubber! Let's get this show (back) on the road!

Another day, another train. :) When my new work Blackberry comes along I'll have to stop posting so much at this time of the morning, I guess. Boooo!

Day 6. Awoke feeling a ketosis-zombie. Anyone who suffers similarly will understand the description. Many talk of the renewed energy and vigour they get from being in ketosis. Not me! Apparently some people never get that - one of those people being me. :rolleyes: If I can get to 8 weeks of this I will start to feel a bit better, if the first time is anything to go by (and the only time I've ever got to 8 weeks was the first time - 6 months all told). So there's a challenge. :)

I don't think I'll be buying any more LighterLife readymade shakes when I've finished up the 10 bottles left in the fridge. They taste weird. Really sweet, very chemical-laden. I can get them down but I'm left wondering whether I should have. ;) I was thinking last night that instead, I'll make up a slushy shake first thing in the morning and decant it into my big drinks bottle for the train. I know you're supposed to drink the stuff in 15 minutes once you've made it, but I've decided I'll live dangerously. I've never really bought the explanation that the nutrients break down after 15 minutes - cos they'll break down in my stomach anyway, so what? :confused: Plus it's not like I'll leave it hours before drinking it - maybe an hour tops. Of course, the alternative is finding a CWP consultant and getting some tetras - but I'm doing ok at the moment.

Oh dear, the people around me on the train are full of chesty coughs and making positively crunchy sniffing noises. Sometimes I want to enclose myself in one of those oxygenated bubbles...

Hey Lily!!! Good to see you! I'm back with you, started On Sun, found myself in Pizza Hut on Monday, but here we are on Wednesday and I've been a good little girl. Obviously not much of a weight loss since Sunday, thanks Pizza Hut, but at least I'm starting. I'm doing a big charity function in Jun and dressing up as Amy Winehouse and Debbie Harry, I do NOT want to look like a bouncy castle, so the aim is 2 stone by then. I'll still be very overweight but 2 stone will take the edge off lol

Lets do this together once and for all! xxx

Haven't been on for ages but soooo glad I have found you, especially at the start of your new journey. Subscribed! :D
I'm just over 13 stone and thinking about what to do about it. :rolleyes:
Keep it up! I need the inspiration!

Oh Lily...if I only had that problem. I get ketosis insomnia. That allong with the freequent bladder is about to explode loo trips in the night. I was restless to the max last night!

You could try the saints and skimmers ready made shakes which are the closest I've ever got to the chocolate velvet /strawberry cwp varieties.

Just incidentally I stepped on the scales which declare I am 4.5lb down since Sunday. Forgot about the exhilaration of that first week loss!!!

Hey Lily!!! Good to see you! I'm back with you, started On Sun, found myself in Pizza Hut on Monday, but here we are on Wednesday and I've been a good little girl. Obviously not much of a weight loss since Sunday, thanks Pizza Hut, but at least I'm starting. I'm doing a big charity function in Jun and dressing up as Amy Winehouse and Debbie Harry, I do NOT want to look like a bouncy castle, so the aim is 2 stone by then. I'll still be very overweight but 2 stone will take the edge off lol

Lets do this together once and for all! xxx

Hello! :D :D :D. All right, it's official, somebody MUST have put something in the water. There are soooo many people from my past attempts sharing this journey (hate that expression - X Factor, arrgghh! :eek:) with me!!

Lovely to see you! And if this doesn't work, could you get away with being Amy Winehouse and Debbie Harry welded together? ;) :8855: Just kidding. :D Of course it's going to work! Skinnyville is going to need a new housing project to accommodate us all. :)

Keep going - day 3 is great!

Haven't been on for ages but soooo glad I have found you, especially at the start of your new journey. Subscribed! :D
I'm just over 13 stone and thinking about what to do about it. :rolleyes:
Keep it up! I need the inspiration!

Hello! And another!! :hug99: I did have a peek to see when you last posted the other day and was wondering how you were doing! Not sure I'm going to be inspiring, but I'll definitely try! How are you?

Oh Lily...if I only had that problem. I get ketosis insomnia. That allong with the freequent bladder is about to explode loo trips in the night. I was restless to the max last night!

You could try the saints and skimmers ready made shakes which are the closest I've ever got to the chocolate velvet /strawberry cwp varieties.

Just incidentally I stepped on the scales which declare I am 4.5lb down since Sunday. Forgot about the exhilaration of that first week loss!!!

Oh, I will get ketosis insomnia at some point - it's the pits. But in the early days I sleep like a log. It's the novelty of not being too hot in bed (although that's not a novelty in all senses of that expression ;)). Frequent bladder trips are fun when you're barely awake - I nearly nodded off on the loo last night. :D

You haven't been subjected to any aggressive marketing then? I might order a few. I'll get through the yucky LL Fast shakes first (they cost enough, so I'll force 'em down!).

And yay to 4.5lbs! :clap: I daren't get on. I'm going to wait until Friday in case it's not as much as I want it to be!

Last edited:
I am soooo c-c-cold! Br-r-r-r-r-r!:23:

I promised myself I wouldntbweigh...but curiousity got the better of me this morning!!! Think that this could be a convergence of people, which is a sign that this is the right time. I think there is a natural air of change. Maybe it's the election energy!!

Hacked off with decorating, but apart from that I'm OK. Wish I had never started. Room was decorated only 4 years ago but decided to get a new gas fire.....so chimney breast needed replastering....then thought may as well get the rest of the walls plastered....and the ceiling.... and replace the carpet for laminate....and new skirting board while we're there.....and then a new radiator as it's off the wall. Never ends! Painting done, just the new skirting to do. Dreading it as it's sitting on the new dark oak laminate!

Seeing CD on Thursday but veering between plodding on rather unsuccessfully and taking a 6 week break. Thinking of buying a Nutribullet and making my own breakfast shakes -- fruit, oats, flaxseed, almond milk that sort of thing. Then salad and oatcakes for lunch and something vegetarian for dinner. I think I am a veggie at heart. I only eat chicken because it's easy on CD but I don't actually like it much. But then that's a lot of shopping and chopping. And DH brings me my strawberry shake and coffee in bed, I would have to show him how to make new more complicated ones. CD is safe and easy and uses no energy or thought, but I keep cheating on it.:rolleyes:

Haha ketosis heaven

Yes. Something like that. I'm putting cardigans on top of cardigans!

I promised myself I wouldntbweigh...but curiousity got the better of me this morning!!! Think that this could be a convergence of people, which is a sign that this is the right time. I think there is a natural air of change. Maybe it's the election energy!!

Whatever it is, I'm happy to roll with it! Stay off the scales now! You know they're instruments of heart break!

Hacked off with decorating, but apart from that I'm OK. Wish I had never started. Room was decorated only 4 years ago but decided to get a new gas fire.....so chimney breast needed replastering....then thought may as well get the rest of the walls plastered....and the ceiling.... and replace the carpet for laminate....and new skirting board while we're there.....and then a new radiator as it's off the wall. Never ends! Painting done, just the new skirting to do. Dreading it as it's sitting on the new dark oak laminate!

Seeing CD on Thursday but veering between plodding on rather unsuccessfully and taking a 6 week break. Thinking of buying a Nutribullet and making my own breakfast shakes -- fruit, oats, flaxseed, almond milk that sort of thing. Then salad and oatcakes for lunch and something vegetarian for dinner. I think I am a veggie at heart. I only eat chicken because it's easy on CD but I don't actually like it much. But then that's a lot of shopping and chopping. And DH brings me my strawberry shake and coffee in bed, I would have to show him how to make new more complicated ones. CD is safe and easy and uses no energy or thought, but I keep cheating on it.:rolleyes:

Wow. Busy busy busy. :) Know what you mean about being hacked off though - we had our kitchen done in February and it just went on and on and on. After a while you get fed up with camping in the living room with a microwave. Sounds like you're nearly there. But with all that going on, no wonder you're cheating!

Kate loves her Nutribullet. What about making the oaty shake for lunch, so your lovely husband can carry on bringing you a strawberry shake and coffee in bed? And then something veggie for tea, like you say. That could work, couldn't it?

I am on train 5 of the week - one to go. Woke up with a cracking headache today, no idea why, as I've been reasonably pain free (other than the ****** period pain). Oh well. Water water water, right? Fixes everything!

Have good days all! x

I really hope I see a good loss tomorrow. While I'm not feeling wibbly (well, not too much!) about sticking to plan, I'm kind of scared that a less than stellar loss is going to make me very blue.

I do hope my 16st 11lbs of last week wasn't an artificial low - you know what I mean, fellow "done this hundreds of timers". I know it's too much to hope that I'll see 15 something, but a mere 16st 6lbs would really hack me off... :break_diet:

I know, wrong attitude. Just sayin'. :sigh2:

I know this fear all too well. But I also know my naff first week losses have normally been because I've been in denial and not been 110 committed to plan. More like 80,% we both know 600 is the same as 800 calories so long as it's not chocolate eclairs. We know a variety of fizzy diet drinks do not affect established ketosis. We know boulion is ok to drink even when it does have enough sodium to dry a grape into a rasin. We know the tricks. But we still get the fear!!!!

I know this fear all too well. But I also know my naff first week losses have normally been because I've been in denial and not been 110 committed to plan. More like 80,% we both know 600 is the same as 800 calories so long as it's not chocolate eclairs. We know a variety of fizzy diet drinks do not affect established ketosis. We know boulion is ok to drink even when it does have enough sodium to dry a grape into a rasin. We know the tricks. But we still get the fear!!!!

Oh, the fear... :D :D :D

Well, I have been 99.9%. I'll attribute the 0.1% to my two cups of very dilute sugar free squash. But I've tracked the lot - I know every gram of protein, carb, fat and fibre I've consumed.

I think when you've surfed a number of VLCDs you do learn quite a bit about how and why they work. I could write a book about this stuff - in fact, I did start writing a VLCD Survival Guide once (must see if I can find it!). I wouldn't dream of recommending the shortcuts to newbies though.

Last edited:
Well I actually feel like we are being a bit rebellious anyway...maybe the secret is in variety!!!! Hope you get a whopper tomorrow. Not the rubbish thing from not to be mention fast food outlet....But a really good loss 8lbs minimum please. Preferably 10.

I really hope I see a good loss tomorrow. While I'm not feeling wibbly (well, not too much!) about sticking to plan, I'm kind of scared that a less than stellar loss is going to make me very blue. I do hope my 16st 11lbs of last week wasn't an artificial low - you know what I mean, fellow "done this hundreds of timers". I know it's too much to hope that I'll see 15 something, but a mere 16st 6lbs would really hack me off... :break_diet: I know, wrong attitude. Just sayin'. :sigh2:

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow Lily! Fingers crossed for you. x

Well...

I'm now 16st 3lbs - which is a loss of 8lbs. While not as amazing as I'd have liked (could it ever be??), that will do. :)

Now for the week 2 slow loss - don't think I've ever lost more than 2lbs in week 2. Let's get on with it... (There's not an emoji for :gritty_determination: is there?)

Back