Bye bye blubber! Let's get this show (back) on the road!

Amazing Grace...in no time you will exit the 15's and enter the 14's

Slow day at work today....bah!!! Feel like eating my shoe.

Swap you. I'm in a conference (ha, held in a pokey room with 40 people squashed in :rant2:). I think my colleagues are trying to play a form of word bingo - we've had "governance", "innovation", "capability" and a whole load of other twaddle. It's great!

Couldn't you download a book and pretend to be working on a very important document?

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:talk017::talk017::talk017:

Pesky pounds going v. slowly. Just 0.2 kg today(less than ½ lb)

Well, half is better than nothing, I s'pose. Frustrating though. You'll get there xx

Thanks so much for my Mexican wave! :D

Good luck ladies. I meet with my cd woman tomorrow :hide::hide:

Dun dun da! It'll be fine. Hope she's a good one! Enjoy choosing your packs!

Ah u will go great I'm really feeling a lot better and great results xx

Absolutely. It is lovely to be lighter so quickly. :)

Swap you. I'm in a conference (ha, held in a pokey room with 40 people squashed in :rant2:). I think my colleagues are trying to play a form of word bingo - we've had "governance", "innovation", "capability" and a whole load of other twaddle. It's great!

Couldn't you download a book and pretend to be working on a very important document?

Think I should download a book actually. Don't think I'd get away with it though... :sigh:

So. A rather pointless day of intense discussion, during which I was apparently the only person to spot that the conclusions reached during the first 2 hours were completely negated by the conclusions reached in the final 2 hours. I think there has to be an expression that covers this. Something about "None so blind..."? I really don't know how to play this game. To do well in my current job, I've got to pretend that everything we did today wasn't a complete and utter waste of time. I don't do BS very well. I'm going to end up with a "must improve" marking this year, I think.

In other news, the lunch laid on consisted of nothing but sandwiches and fruit. Now I wasn't eating, so it wasn't a problem. But I would've been mighty p*ssed off if I had been. No one cares about "faddy" eaters like me - you know, the awkward folk who throw up or spend all afternoon in the toilet if they eat wheat. :rant2:

Sorry. :ashamed0005: I'm very grumpy this evening, probably cos I've got to do more of the same tomorrow.

I had an extra bar today cos I was feeling rather poorly by the late afternoon (stuffy room, too much hot air) and needed something in my tummy before downing Nurofen. I think I should get away with it though cos I walked from the station to the office and back again (though that little trip left me a hot, sweaty wreck - I may take a taxi tomorrow!).

Don't think I'll be late to bed tonight! Hopefully I'll be in a more cheery mood tomorrow morning! :)

Afternoon lovely peops

My 2 day conference is over. I can say with some confidence we made no major decisions and it definitely wasn't a great use of... No, p'raps I'd better not write anything that inflammatory. ;) Though those of you who know who I work for (please don't out me!) will be able to guess where that was going. And if you've guessed, I deny I ever wrote this post. Someone else must have hacked into my account here in Minimins. :479:

Bah. Another one day conference tomorrow. This week is a write off in terms of getting anything useful done, like work.

I'm feeling a bit ropey today. Very achey, very headachey, very bunged up. In fact, that latter item is almost certainly the cause of the previous two items. I've made an appointment with the Dulcolax Fairy in an attempt to put things right.

image.jpgAll I really want to do though is sleep. :nightf:

Last edited:
I'm typing this post offline in the hope I can upload it later! Eek, MiniMins not available - how I'm supposed to survive a train journey without it? :confused: :eek:

YAY - back online!

Well, let's start with the big news - I weighed in and saw 15st 12lbs (I felt thinner despite overdosing on sugar free jelly and chicken last night). That's better - I have a couple of pounds between me and that nasty 16 number now! Although without the chicken and sugar free jelly it might have been even better... Ack, don't go there.

In other news, the Dulcolax I took yesterday afternoon - maybe the Dulcolax that took out MiniMins? :D - didn't take effect before I went to bed last night. It usually does - I can usually bank on a 5-6 hour turnaround time (or should that be turnout time? ;)). Anyway, nada. No, it decides to work this morning, explosively, in a train station toilet with no loo roll. (If you happen to be the cleaner of said toilet, honestly, hand on heart, I'm so sorry - but if you were doing your job properly, shouldn't there have been some bog roll in your conveniences? Do you have any idea how inconvenient that was for me?). I'm now neurotically checking my boots for splashback. I even had to go and take a look at myself in the long mirror in the disabled toilet next door, just to be sure that those spending the day with me in a stuffy hotel in Birmingham wouldn't have to suffer anything more than necessary... :ashamed0005:

Too much information, yep. But I needed the catharsis, ok? I'm traumatised. And hey, probably lighter than 15st 12lbs now... :8855:

So yes, I'm on a train to Birmingham for that conference I mentioned, and still feeling pretty ill. I'm not sure that I should tackle the shake I mixed up and brought with me. I just took 2 Solpadeine (yes, still part of my toolkit. I know, I know!) in the hope that the codeine slows things down. I should probably have just got back into my car and driven home, but I couldn't face the thought of having to attend another version of this conference on a different day (it's a 3 line whip thing - we have to attend one of these somewhere).

Maybe tomorrow I might get some proper work done. You know, the stuff I was actually recruited to do... :sigh::)

I'm typing this post offline in the hope I can upload it later! Eek, MiniMins not available - how I'm supposed to survive a train journey without it? :confused: :eek:

YAY - back online!

Well, let's start with the big news - I weighed in and saw 15st 12lbs (I felt thinner despite overdosing on sugar free jelly and chicken last night). That's better - I have a couple of pounds between me and that nasty 16 number now! Although without the chicken and sugar free jelly it might have been even better... Ack, don't go there.

In other news, the Dulcolax I took yesterday afternoon - maybe the Dulcolax that took out MiniMins? :D - didn't take effect before I went to bed last night. It usually does - I can usually bank on a 5-6 hour turnaround time (or should that be turnout time? ;)). Anyway, nada. No, it decides to work this morning, explosively, in a train station toilet with no loo roll. (If you happen to be the cleaner of said toilet, honestly, hand on heart, I'm so sorry - but if you were doing your job properly, shouldn't there have been some bog roll in your conveniences? Do you have any idea how inconvenient that was for me?). I'm now neurotically checking my boots for splashback. I even had to go and take a look at myself in the long mirror in the disabled toilet next door, just to be sure that those spending the day with me in a stuffy hotel in Birmingham wouldn't have to suffer anything more than necessary... :ashamed0005:

Too much information, yep. But I needed the catharsis, ok? I'm traumatised. And hey, probably lighter than 15st 12lbs now... :8855:

So yes, I'm on a train to Birmingham for that conference I mentioned, and still feeling pretty ill. I'm not sure that I should tackle the shake I mixed up and brought with me. I just took 2 Solpadeine (yes, still part of my toolkit. I know, I know!) in the hope that the codeine slows things down. I should probably have just got back into my car and driven home, but I couldn't face the thought of having to attend another version of this conference on a different day (it's a 3 line whip thing - we have to attend one of these somewhere).

Maybe tomorrow I might get some proper work done. You know, the stuff I was actually recruited to do... :sigh::)

Bahahah I think I wee'd myself a little reading this ha

Well, at least you only nearly wee'd yourself... ;)

Bah. Grumpy Lily again this evening. I am royally hacked off at the lack of enjoyability in my life at the moment. So hacked off I've been looking at the self help books again. Nothing great so far, but this picture made me smile, so I'll share:

image.jpg

I didn't quite know what to do with myself without MiniMins last night. It wasn't just me who couldn't get on, was it? No one else seems to have mentioned it - was I alone?

I'm just fed up of feeling rough. At one point today I felt like not climbing the stairs at the station and just sitting down for a few hours. Maybe all night. But the desire to be at home won, so I staggered up the last flight to my car. Wish I got the rush of energy most people get in ketosis. I just feel like crap and want to cry a lot instead. Still, the weight's coming off. At the moment, that appears to be more important to me than other things.

. . . I didn't quite know what to do with myself without MiniMins last night. It wasn't just me who couldn't get on, was it? No one else seems to have mentioned it - was I alone?

Nah - wasn't just you. It was off from late afternoon until early this morning.
And when it went off again this afternoon I thought "Here we go again" - but it was only off a short while today.

((( Hugs ))) at feel cr@p even though you're in ketosis. You can do this.

Nah - wasn't just you. It was off from late afternoon until early this morning.
And when it went off again this afternoon I thought "Here we go again" - but it was only off a short while today.

((( Hugs ))) at feel cr@p even though you're in ketosis. You can do this.

Oh good, glad I wasn't in some alternate reality bubble. :)

Thanks for the hugs. I know it will get better eventually (from memory around the 8-week mark)... :cross:

Lily. I feel exactly the same. Wiped out. I wake up every day with what feels like a hangover, later turning into cluster headaches or a flat out migraine.

I was thinking it must be dehydration or something but I've had enough water so it can't be that. Maybe electrolyle imballance? I've started drinking smart water to see if that helps.

I think I feel like you do in the sense that everything seems so bland. My daughter is going to guatamala travelling and I would ordinarily be really excited for her but it all feels a bit flat.... I need to get out of the funk. Maybe once I've had a holiday I will feel a bit better!

How long are you on plan for do ya think?

In theory, I ought to be on for months. I'm still 5 and a half stones overweight. However, that thought is truly terrifying, so I've decided to stay on until 31 July and will re-evaluate then. My aim is to be 13st 7lbs by then. I will then be only 3 stones overweight, yet still heavier than the vast majority of people who come on to MiniMins and declare themselves to be enormous. I love those posts. ;) They make me feel so good about myself. :8855:

Lily. I feel exactly the same. Wiped out. I wake up every day with what feels like a hangover, later turning into cluster headaches or a flat out migraine.

I was thinking it must be dehydration or something but I've had enough water so it can't be that. Maybe electrolyle imballance? I've started drinking smart water to see if that helps.

I think I feel like you do in the sense that everything seems so bland. My daughter is going to guatamala travelling and I would ordinarily be really excited for her but it all feels a bit flat.... I need to get out of the funk. Maybe once I've had a holiday I will feel a bit better!

I have absolutely no idea what it is. I think I tend to operate at a level of low grade depression most of the time, so when I stop doing the one thing I really enjoy (eating, in case I lost anyone there), I realise what a sad act I actually am.

But yes, every morning I wake up hungover. And if I have to get up for a wee in the night (or two) my legs feel stiff like I've done a thousand squats (when about all I've done is climb stairs at railway stations). I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to fix it, though I know from experience that chocolate works well. :sigh:

So. Another day. I am at least working at home today, though I've only just stopped for breakfast, courtesy of half a dozen telecons.

By the way, Nat - when I "liked" your post, I didn't mean I liked it, exactly. There needs to be a button you can press that says, "I read this and I care about you". :)

By the way, Nat - when I "liked" your post, I didn't mean I liked it, exactly. There needs to be a button you can press that says, "I read this and I care about you". :)

Jaysus woman you are a scream hahaha!!!!

Sorry to hear about how you are feeling but you are very funny xx

I'm not sure how I feel about that

Maybe the button should actually say "crack on"....

You know Lily. Just on the subject of eating. It becomes a hobby or a punctuation in the day. Weekends are designed around eating events (which may also involve other activities)

I think this is what needs tackling. It's an enjoyable varied activity which brings about feelings of pleasure and contentment. We have to find an alternative source

I'm not sure how I feel about that 

Maybe the button should actually say "crack on"....

:rotflmao: :sign0151:

You know Lily. Just on the subject of eating. It becomes a hobby or a punctuation in the day. Weekends are designed around eating events (which may also involve other activities)

I think this is what needs tackling. It's an enjoyable varied activity which brings about feelings of pleasure and contentment. We have to find an alternative source

Yeah. Um...

Any ideas?

:psiholog:

Colour me happy - I've lost 4lbs this week! :winner:

That's 15lbs in 3 weeks! Yay! :clap:

Back