Bye bye blubber! Let's get this show (back) on the road!

Wow amazing. The power of sugar free jelly!!!

Sadly I'm not sure. I'd like to think salsa dancing; mountain climbing, swimming in azure blue sea would feature somewhere. This I's a conundrum I'm going to crack.

That Jesse in "Fat - the Fight of my Life" or whatever it's called - he's a sadistic fella, ain't he? I'd want to punch his lights out if he jogged alongside me while I was panting my lungs out keeping up a constant stream of motivational batcrap... I wonder if anyone has??

I've had a slightly indulgent evening nicking pepperoni slices from a pizza. In my defence I didn't have my third shake by way of compensation, because, as we all know, pepperoni contains at least a third of my daily nutritional requirements. ;):p I'm not recommending my actions, naturally. Back to the 100% thing tomorrow.

By the way, I can highly recommend the Exante Vanilla Cereal. It tastes very vanilla-y (like ice cream in a cone) - the flake bits could almost be cornflakes if you employ large amounts of imagination. I shall be ordering more of those. I will not be ordering more curry. :jelous:

It's the weekend, lovelies! :clap:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

(s'all right, you didn't miss anything - I tried to post a picture and it wouldn't display properly)

Last edited:
That Jesse in "Fat - the Fight of my Life" or whatever it's called - he's a sadistic fella, ain't he? I'd want to punch his lights out if he jogged alongside me while I was panting my lungs out keeping up a constant stream of motivational batcrap... I wonder if anyone has??

I've had a slightly indulgent evening nicking pepperoni slices from a pizza. In my defence I didn't have my third shake by way of compensation, because, as we all know, pepperoni contains at least a third of my daily nutritional requirements. ;):p I'm not recommending my actions, naturally. Back to the 100% thing tomorrow.

By the way, I can highly recommend the Exante Vanilla Cereal. It tastes very vanilla-y (like ice cream in a cone) - the flake bits could almost be cornflakes if you employ large amounts of imagination. I shall be ordering more of those. I will not be ordering more curry. :jelous:

It's the weekend, lovelies! :clap:

View attachment 173633 View attachment 173634 View attachment 173635

Jaysus that way of weighing is a deadly idea... Morning weigh in here I come :)

You watch that too! I'm obsessed with weight loss shows ... Fat the fight of my life, Obese: a year to save my life, My 600lb life .... I have them all on sky + series linked and now spend all of my time watching those shows instead of eating! But Jessie is my favourite. He gets into people's heads and how they think and he is very easy on the eye!

Yes, my life has now been reduced to watching and commenting on weight loss shows. Sad, I know!

Colour me happy - I've lost 4lbs this week! :winner:

That's 15lbs in 3 weeks! Yay! :clap:

Hey, well done! You must be starting to feel a difference now.

PS I've developed your jelly habit! I read about it on your diary and thought, that could really help me when I'm struggling. Have had 3 this week! It's a godsend .... 10 calls and 1.8g carbs ... It's basically fruit flavoured fresh air. Clearly hasn't impacted your weight loss either.

Glad I could help with the sugar free jelly idea. I picked that tip up from Slim & Save. When all comes to all, if you're having a hungry day, it's good to know there's something you can eat that'll do hardly any damage. The folk who solidly believe that maintaining a deep level of ketosis is the key to being successful on a VLCD would probably have 40 fits at the idea of, shock, consuming an extra 1.8g carb and 9 calories. Though I also see sugar free jelly as additional water intake. :)

But I don't quite understand why VLCD manufacturers have got so obsessed with ketosis. If you're consuming fewer than 1,000 calories a day, and less than 400 of those calories are from carbs (equivalent to 100g of carb), you'll spend the vast majority of the day in ketosis. I think they got obsessed with ketosis on the back of the success of Atkins and other low carb plans at the end of the nineties and early noughties. But as Robert Atkins himself would've told you, had he not slipped on the ice and hit his head on a freezing cold day in New York and died from multi-organ failure (a common consequence of having a bad head injury), ketosis helps, but it's not the reason you lose weight. Likening a VLCD to a low carb diet is a red herring anyway - VLCDs don't work because they're low carb, they work because they're very low calorie (the clue's in the name ;)). Ketosis just makes having very little food slightly more bearable.

So, as long as you keep carbs reasonably low (preferably below 80-85g carb) and calories low (preferably below 1,000), you will lose weight. Impossible not to. The pounds might not come off quite when you want them to, because your body desperately tries to compensate for fat loss by retaining water (it's trying to protect itself!), but the fat is dissolving away, just the same.

And - this one's for Curvey ;) - I do have a small amount of milk a day as well, as tea without milk is horrible. :) However, I track the lot on MFP, calories and carbs

Right, enough of that! Speaking of milk, I need to go out and get some!

Last edited:
Glad I could help with the sugar free jelly idea. I picked that tip up from Slim & Save. When all comes to all, if you're having a hungry day, it's good to know there's something you can eat that'll do hardly any damage. The folk who solidly believe that maintaining a deep level of ketosis is the key to being successful on a VLCD would probably have 40 fits at the idea of, shock, consuming an extra 1.8g carb and 9 calories. Though I also see sugar free jelly as additional water intake. :)

But I don't quite understand why VLCD manufacturers have got so obsessed with ketosis. If you're consuming fewer than 1,000 calories a day, and less than 400 of those calories are from carbs (equivalent to 100g of carb), you'll spend the vast majority of the day in ketosis. I think they got obsessed with ketosis on the back of the success of Atkins and other low carb plans at the end of the nineties and early noughties. But as Robert Atkins himself would've told you, had he not slipped on the ice and hit his head on a freezing cold day in New York and died from multi-organ failure (a common consequence of having a bad head injury), ketosis helps, but it's not the reason you lose weight. Likening a VLCD to a low carb diet is a red herring anyway - VLCDs don't work because they're low carb, they work because they're very low calorie (the clue's in the name ;)). Ketosis just makes having very little food slightly more bearable.

So, as long as you keep carbs reasonably low (preferably below 80-85g carb) and calories low (preferably below 1,000), you will lose weight. Impossible not to. The pounds might not come off quite when you want them to, because your body desperately tries to compensate for fat loss by retaining water (it's trying to protect itself!), but the fat is dissolving away, just the same.

And - this one's for Curvey ;) - I do have a small amount of milk a day as well, as tea without milk is horrible. :) However, I track the lot on MFP, calories and carbs

Right, enough of that! Speaking of milk, I need to go out and get some!

Yer killing me with the milk... ARGH ...

Food can kiss me ar*se but tea with milk is my god..... *drool fest... im craving the hell outta a cuppa tae right now... hahah

Sugar free jelly!!!! I'm assuming just your regular hartleys sugar free jelly? 5 for £2 in Tesco???? OMG I think I've just died and woke in ketogenic heaven!!

Sugar free jelly!!!! I'm assuming just your regular hartleys sugar free jelly? 5 for £2 in Tesco???? OMG I think I've just died and woke in ketogenic heaven!!

That's the stuff :D

Does anyone know what I can take for sore throat on ss. Thanks

Hot water with summer berry flavouring and paracetomol! xx

Back