Bye bye blubber! Let's get this show (back) on the road!

Ack, I should not have stood on the scales today. I made the rookie mistake of thinking I felt thinner after 2 days back on plan, forgetting about the water and glycogen regain induuced by my nose dive into ice cream and chocolate on Sunday. 15st 13lbs. FFS. Doesn't bear thinking about, what I'd have seen if I'd stood on the scales on Monday. Never mind. I've had to do a fair bit of self pep-talking on the drive to Peterborough to pick up the train to Leeds (upon which I am now typing).

My chance of losing anything this week are now looking slim. I may even have to record a gain. :cry: Bah.

It could also be bug-related. Still not feeling great, have swollen glands (well, gland - on the right side of my neck sort of under my chin), so hey. I could be retaining water for more than one reason. And I'm pretty sure I'm due on, so that won't be helping. Grrrr.

To make things worse, I will need to eat a low carb meal tonight as I'm out with my Dad and sister for a meal and I don't want them to know I'm back on a VLCD (my sister in particular gets worried about me; Dad doesn't seem to mind how I get slimmer, so long as I actually get slimmer and stop being his embarrassingly fat daughter :rolleyes: He's one of those lean never gets fat types - why couldn't I have inherited his genes? Bl**dy knew I was the milkman's...)

So. Leeds. Again. For a meeting I'm not sure I should be attending, looking at the agenda. Still, sometimes those are the surprisingly worthwhile ones.

I'm not sure I'm going to survive this week. :) Fortunately, the fact I'm off work next week is helping my psychological state. Ish. The other part of my brain is telling me I've got too much to do to be even thinking of taking some time off.

Oh well, enough whingeing! Have great days all!

Ack, I should not have stood on the scales today. I made the rookie mistake of thinking I felt thinner after 2 days back on plan, forgetting about the water and glycogen regain induuced by my nose dive into ice cream and chocolate on Sunday. 15st 13lbs. FFS. Doesn't bear thinking about, what I'd have seen if I'd stood on the scales on Monday. Never mind. I've had to do a fair bit of self pep-talking on the drive to Peterborough to pick up the train to Leeds (upon which I am now typing).

My chance of losing anything this week are now looking slim. I may even have to record a gain. :cry: Bah.

It could also be bug-related. Still not feeling great, have swollen glands (well, gland - on the right side of my neck sort of under my chin), so hey. I could be retaining water for more than one reason. And I'm pretty sure I'm due on, so that won't be helping. Grrrr.

To make things worse, I will need to eat a low carb meal tonight as I'm out with my Dad and sister for a meal and I don't want them to know I'm back on a VLCD (my sister in particular gets worried about me; Dad doesn't seem to mind how I get slimmer, so long as I actually get slimmer and stop being his embarrassingly fat daughter :rolleyes: He's one of those lean never gets fat types - why couldn't I have inherited his genes? Bl**dy knew I was the milkman's...)

So. Leeds. Again. For a meeting I'm not sure I should be attending, looking at the agenda. Still, sometimes those are the surprisingly worthwhile ones.

I'm not sure I'm going to survive this week. :) Fortunately, the fact I'm off work next week is helping my psychological state. Ish. The other part of my brain is telling me I've got too much to do to be even thinking of taking some time off.

Oh well, enough whingeing! Have great days all!

Lol @ the milkmans

Lol @ the milkmans

Indeed. It's the only explanation, really.

Now you see, what happens when your weight goes up is that you then develop an inane, hell, insane, desire to eat something off plan. So I've just eaten 2 quarter pounders with cheese - not the buns (remember, I'm wheat intolerant!) just the burgers and what remained of the cheese slices (most remained plastered to the buns). Bah. As Robbie would sing, "No regrets, they don't work..."

Or should I go all Edith Piaf? #Je ne regrette rien

Indeed. It's the only explanation, really.

Now you see, what happens when your weight goes up is that you then develop an inane, hell, insane, desire to eat something off plan. So I've just eaten 2 quarter pounders with cheese - not the buns (remember, I'm wheat intolerant!) just the burgers and what remained of the cheese slices (most remained plastered to the buns). Bah. As Robbie would sing, "No regrets, they don't work..."

Or should I go all Edith Piaf? #Je ne regrette rien

Bahahah!!!!!!!!!!!! You poor thing...!!!! No regrets just hope they were nice lol

Oh I miss quarter pounders with cheese. And McChicken sandwiches. And the fries. I love McDonalds. Don't think I will ever turn against it!
How did the rest of your day go? X

LOL, yes. That was pretty insensitive, sorry! :ashamed0005:

I just decided to go with it and have a low carb day. I think when you know you're going to eat later, it's hard to stick to shakes etc. I will do my level best to stay on track today. On the plus side, I'm still in ketosis, so it's not like I've got to fight to get back in.

On a train to London. Woke up with another cracking headache but telling myself I'm on the wind-down to a few days off.

Hope everyone reading has a good day x

Have a great day Lily, before we know it we'll be at Xmas, time is passing at a furious pace for me these days. Only we can decide if we'll be slim and fabulous or kicking ourselves. Onwards and upwards mon capitaine!

Have a great day Lily, before we know it we'll be at Xmas, time is passing at a furious pace for me these days. Only we can decide if we'll be slim and fabulous or kicking ourselves. Onwards and upwards mon capitaine!

Indeed. (Why do I keep writing "indeed"???)

As the bottom of my siggy says, you get what you focus on...

Hope you're doing ok xx

Indeed! LOL, that''s one of my favourite starts to a sentence :D Not sure where I picked it up, I say it as just as often as I type it. I am in the zone, mainly due t the fact I've been rehearsing with a band, our big gig is in Jun, plus I'm now starting to feel a bit frisky after separating a year ago. I feel ready to maybe entertain the possibility of a little dalliance but so much I need to sort out about myself before I would have the confidence. I am having a little flirt with someone, I don't know if he's really interested or just a big flirt himself but it's giving me the motivation to get a grip so it's all good :D a roll in ze hay would be quite nice.

Well, as expected, I've gained 3lbs this week. I started writing that it was unfair, then remembered the ice cream and the burgers. The extent of the regain still seems a bit over the top, but that's my body - over the top. Bizarrely, I do feel a bit leaner - there are straight bits where there were curved bits.

My struggle now will be getting through today, trying not to let it get to me, trying not to lose the plot. Trying, trying, trying... :sigh:

Oh Lily....it's just glycogen. Add some milk thistle to the pharmaceuticals in the bag and you will be fine.

I've been MIA as I have had a similar week. The week before Switzerland and eurodisney too. But I can't let it get in the way of trying to remain focused. So I gave had some LL tai pots and some fudge bars. Water. Green tea. Sugar free jelly. Sugar free ice pops (I reccomend these highly!) And I'm hoping a few days from now the glycogen will have bogged off.

Well, as expected, I've gained 3lbs this week. I started writing that it was unfair, then remembered the ice cream and the burgers. The extent of the regain still seems a bit over the top, but that's my body - over the top. Bizarrely, I do feel a bit leaner - there are straight bits where there were curved bits.

My struggle now will be getting through today, trying not to let it get to me, trying not to lose the plot. Trying, trying, trying... :sigh:

It is soooo unforgiving this diet BUT you know in a mere couple of days that 3lb and more will be gone! Do NOT lost the plot, you (and me (and all us serial dieters)) have been down this road before and it leads to another few months of misery. Instead you get straight back in the saddle and focus on where you want to go. C'MON! You can do this! Even just for today, do it today and see what the scales say tomorrow xx

Oh Lily....it's just glycogen. Add some milk thistle to the pharmaceuticals in the bag and you will be fine.

I'd agree if it wasn't for the fact I've had very little carb since Sunday. Taking a bl**dy long time to burn the glycogen off. Although you also appear to be saying it's my drug habit. Yeah, you could be right... ;)

I've been MIA as I have had a similar week. The week before Switzerland and eurodisney too. But I can't let it get in the way of trying to remain focused. So I gave had some LL tai pots and some fudge bars. Water. Green tea. Sugar free jelly. Sugar free ice pops (I reccomend these highly!) And I'm hoping a few days from now the glycogen will have bogged off.

I wondered. :) I have a week off now. It's going to be a challenge, that's for sure. My OH has now promised to stop making me jelly. The jelly's fine but it leads to other naughties. Like for example, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to douse it with whipped cream...

It is soooo unforgiving this diet BUT you know in a mere couple of days that 3lb and more will be gone! Do NOT lost the plot, you (and me (and all us serial dieters)) have been down this road before and it leads to another few months of misery. Instead you get straight back in the saddle and focus on where you want to go. C'MON! You can do this! Even just for today, do it today and see what the scales say tomorrow xx

You're right. Pep talk needed and received xxx :flowers: I need to concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other, not on how far it is to Slimville.

Just had my second porridge. Though I should say I didn't actually eat the first as it decorated the microwave fairly comprehensively. What is it with VLCD porridge? :eek:

Cambridge porridge - evil personified bluergh!!!

OK. So, erm... The plan didn't quite work out. You don't need to know the gory details. It could've been worse.

:17729:

Right, enough already. Tomorrow I'm going hard core. I will be drinking 3 shakes and 3 litres of water. I will not be eating chicken or sugar free jelly. I will suck it up and be brave and strong.

The thing is, I'm going to a 3 day residential conference the week after next, where I suspect the best solution will be to skip breakfast, have a bar mid morning when everyone else is eating biscuits with their coffee and then have 2 low carb meals. I've tried doing Cambridge at the venue before and I've just felt lonely, sad and completely out of things. So I need to get a "good" 11 days under my belt, so I don't fall too far behind my ambition to be 13st 7lbs by the end of July. That looked very achievable a week ago. I've kind of lost a week of making progress - I don't want to lose another.

I think part of the problem is that I've not been drinking my water. I was doing really well at first, but by and by I've not been consciously getting through my bottles. I will do better tomorrow!

All cheering on will be much appreciated. :)

:party0011:

OK. So, erm... The plan didn't quite work out. You don't need to know the gory details. It could've been worse.

:17729:

Right, enough already. Tomorrow I'm going hard core. I will be drinking 3 shakes and 3 litres of water. I will not be eating chicken or sugar free jelly. I will suck it up and be brave and strong.

The thing is, I'm going to a 3 day residential conference the week after next, where I suspect the best solution will be to skip breakfast, have a bar mid morning when everyone else is eating biscuits with their coffee and then have 2 low carb meals. I've tried doing Cambridge at the venue before and I've just felt lonely, sad and completely out of things. So I need to get a "good" 11 days under my belt, so I don't fall too far behind my ambition to be 13st 7lbs by the end of July. That looked very achievable a week ago. I've kind of lost a week of making progress - I don't want to lose another.

I think part of the problem is that I've not been drinking my water. I was doing really well at first, but by and by I've not been consciously getting through my bottles. I will do better tomorrow!

All cheering on will be much appreciated. :)

:party0011:

**GETS POMPOMS AND LITTLE SKIRT OUT...SHAKES POM POMS AND BOTTOM

Come on lily.... You know you can do It... Get the head down and the 13's WILL be yours... OOH RAH

**GETS POMPOMS AND LITTLE SKIRT OUT...SHAKES POM POMS AND BOTTOM

Come on lily.... You know you can do It... Get the head down and the 13's WILL be yours... OOH RAH

LOL - thank you! :flowers:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

174020d1432333431-bye-bye-blubber-lets-get-show-back-road-image.jpg

Last edited:
Back