C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

I must admit I get apprehensive before I go to the next level, but I always suprise myself when I manage it ok. :)

Week 6 d 1 done. Weird to go back to run 5,8,5! But nice

Shocked myself today but wanting to go out when my other option was to sit! Lol
I like the way it makes me feel!!

Hey, I've just started the C25K. Having just finished W1D2 I'm loving it. Normally when I get bitten by the running bug I can run about 4.5km straight after about two weeks, but then I always burn out and don't bother after that. Hopefully by using this system I'll do it gradually and it won't be such a struggle!

Really excited to see the results!

Good luck fatal!

Woodland girl- your a true inspiration, your doing great!!

Well done fatal, and thanks Shazz. I am having 3 days off as I have another blister on the ball of my foot. Might have to buy new trainers next week!

Hm, I changed my mind! Did week 6 day 2 today! I am going to buy new trainers tomorrow before trying the 25 min run!

Today the run was more interesting due to the police helicopter overhead looking for someone ! Not a great time for me to be running a lonely countryside path but the edges are so thorny that no one could be hiding there.

I am also meeting so many lovely locals out there, great way to meet the neighbours!

How are the rest of you?

hey everyone!!
I just came back from W1D3 and did some crunches as well....
I feel so motivated to begin week 2!! Now I know I can manage 30 seconds more running. I am quite slow, but I am running!! I need to buy some gear myself because it seems that I don't have any decent sport pants (to be seen in...!) so I might hit the market next week!! I am looking forward t be able to run more!! Woodland girl it seems you are very brave! (both for the bad guy and the blister!!) Take care!
Do you carry your cell phone with you? I don't but I think that maybe I should! What do you think?

I'm just in from doing W1D3 too :) feel pretty shattered but I cycled for 30 minutes too. So tired! I see some other people in the gym doing the same as me, I feel like going up to them and doing a secret C25K handshake or something!

Well done Athens! You will be amazed at how quickly you come on. I run v slowly too but will get oh to cycle next to me to measure my speed!

I don't normally carry my phone but I think after today I will! I would need rescuing if I sprained an ankle or something. Not sure how I would tell people where I am though. By a tree, near the river... Lol

Yes, take your phone. I will from now on too :)

Im not doing fantastically well, knee injury still bothering me a bit and i started a new job which takes some getting used to, at the minute im so tired in the evenings!

The most I have ever done is week two, day two. Will start again this week and start with week two though!

Woodland girl what sort of phone do you have? If you have a BB you can send your location as latitude/longitude results. If not, a good way to track how far you are going is to use google maps, if you use the walking directions you can start with your house as point A and add locations along the route, I go round the roads by my house so everytime I reach the end of a road I add point B, etc etc.

Then if you run the same route every night, or maybe have a couple of routes that you do, you can set up your route on your computer before you leave. I feel safer knowing my route is tracked before I go out, just in case!

x

Hope your knee gets better soon Jayne. I don't have a phone, it is an iPod so I am only online at home. I will try google maps, but my walk is a rural river field sort of place and it doesn't show the lightning tree where I turn around! Lol

Hi C25K-ers - another beginner here for inspiration and encouragement! I've just done W2D2 and loved it but very careful as I too (like another poster earlier?) always seem to get up to running 5K relatively easily and then get injured and give up. I'm deliberately trying not to do more than the programme says (not hard!) and hoping to get to 10K and beyond this year. Good luck and good running to us all. xx

Just done week 6 day 3. 25 minutes and I went 2 miles. I never EVER would have thought I would get this far and feel so enthused. The new trainers helped!
Keep it up everyone, it is soooo worth it!

That is great woodland girl. You must feel fantastic!!
Which trainers did u get?

Not sure about fantastic! Stiff and knackered maybe!
I got some Nike ones for running off road, gave up on trying to buy ethical trainers, too many issues! Lol

Done week 7 day 1 - it was really difficult today. I have more respect for the need for rest days now! The sheep gates are getting heavier, so could someone trot in front of me and open them for me please??

Just finished W2 of C25K and was running speeds of 10kph on the treadmill and liking it! New trainers arrive tomorrow - ready for my next run on Thursday. Bring it on! xx

Back