C25K Running Thread!!

W5D1- DONE!!!!! Who-hooo!!!!:party0019::party0048::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036: And I didn't 'clock-watch until the last 2mins of the last jog sequence!! I'm pretty confident I'll manage W5D2 on wednesday, W5D3 seems a long way off being do-able though? (20mins straight?) :whistle:

Jettica, I haven't lost a single oz since starting- I've actually gained a few lbs, but theres some medical things going on that may account for that. (waiting on blood/scan results, long story!)
I'm concentrating on getting fitter at the minute, then it'll be back to Mission Weightloss as well!:character00115::character00116:

My football club have organised a 10mile walk/run for the last weekend in June and I plan to do it. My ideal goal would be to jog 5miles/walk the rest, but we'll see? No-one knows I'm at this so I should shock anyone who sees me jogging! LOL! I do plan to hit the roads before then as well though, to get used to jogging 'outside' instead of the treadmill?

ooooh that would be a good suprise for them!!! :D Well done anyway!!!!! :flirt2: Its taken us a while to get to this point and we've done it!!!! :talk017:

Speaking of going outside, i may be taking a crack at it on weds!! So ill do W5W1 again. Im off all day and when madams at nursery i thought i might take advantage! as long as OH doesnt plan on taking me out! fingers crossed :D

Tell him to hold off for an hour if he does to let you do it- you don't wanna lose that motivation! LOL!
I'm tempted to do it all again today, but it's supposed to be my rest day? I might just do a walk, try an 8min jog, then walk again and see how that feels?
I'm hoping the weather stays dry until after wednesday evening so I can do the hilly walk again- it'll help for the 10mile walk if I can do it at least once a week? Kids are such an 'inconvenience' when trying to get fit aren't they! :p;)
I can't believe we're on W5- even if it's taken me a lot longer to get there than I'd planned!:eek: At least I've stuck at it, which is a first!:D

Well I didn't get in W1D3 last week in the end.
Because I can't bear not to complete things I'll be starting on W1D1 tonight.

I drank a lot over the weekend but went for a nice long walk and did a lot of dancing. Can't say I ate particularly well. This week is manic so not sure when I'll be able to fit everything in.

Could get another run in tomorrow eve if I can handle it but Thurs is a no no as is Sat and probs sun.

Urgh, busy PR lifestyle.

Also, how many calories are burned dancing. I just entered the three or so hours I spent dancing into my iPhone app and it reckons it was about 1300!

I wouldn't stress too much about doing the 'weeks' in a 'week'? I mean, it would sometimes take me 10days to complete a 'week' of the programme, sometimes more? If I re-started every week of the programme I didn't do in 7days I'd still be on W1 or W2!
Sat & Sun are out for me too (no access to the treadmill and no babysitter to let me out on the roads) so I try to squeeze in my weeks Mon-Fri.
I'd say the app is over-estimating a little? It's probably counting 'proper' dance as opposed to regular disco/club dancing? I could be wrong though?

If only it were 1300 that'd be nice. Didn't run last night. My body hasn't caught up with my brain from the weekend. Now going to do a disgusting drive to Lincoln. Laters. x

Dear LORD.:sigh: Today, the treadmill packed in on me (faulty switch, hopefully it can be fixed?) and I got permission from work to do my session outside. This was my first attempt to do anything except walk outside. Now keep in mind I live & work in the countryside, on hilly twisty country roads. I managed the 5min warm-up, I managed 4mins of the first session (which was supposed to be 8mins today) and only managed 2 x 2mins jogs after that.:cry: My legs are aching.:( I was sweating at the end, but not as much as on the treadmill?
My conclusion. The treadmill seems to only build up your cardio stamina. The road would appear to be good for building up your leg muscles & overall toning (my arms & torso is aching a little!)?
Since my goal was to get fitter- with toning up being an added bonus, I'm happy enough to carry on with the treadmill for the C25K, but as far as outside goes- it'll be brisk walking for me? I average 4.5mph walking so if I did that for 30mins on these roads I reckon that'd be a good enough workout!:)

I didnt make it yesterday, i made it to Pizza hut for the buffet :eek:

Well done for attempting the roads!!! this is why i do hill day, i know its going to be hard and ever route i have available is hilly so i get that in once a week to see how i do. If it isnt raining tomorrow im going to try going on the road at dinner :eek:

W5D1 again on Friday. :D

OMG I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this week was a week for goals :D I managed to get my 10% award at WW losing 20lb and i've done W5D1 OUTSIDE!!!!!!! :D

Its a killer and i did a grannie job but it was worth it! I managed to get the podcast thing in MP3 format so i had something to go by. I was so relieved for the 3min walk and ill be doing it again next Weds i think!

Well Done Shabba!!! My treadmill is still banjaxed so this has been a(nother) disaster week! Hopefully it'll be fixed Monday & I'll re-do W5D1 to get back on track?
Have a good weekend everyone!

Hi all, I've read this thread all the way through having downloaded the C25K schedule and the podcasts for week 1. I need some structure as I have been jogging for a few weeks on my own since losing weight with Cambridge so this programme seems ideal and your experiences have helped. I'm considering signing up for a 5k in July - about 12 weeks away which would work out well if I stick to the plan. Tried W1D1 tonight which I had to cut slightly short as the weather was rubbish (sorry, I'm not THAT hardcore) but didn't find it a strain as I have been jogging for longer recently. I will have some time on Wed so will pick up again then. Will drop in from time to time and keep in touch

Welcome and well done for losing all that weight!!!!!!! :D

enjoy the programme!

unfortunately i have been nursing a poorly 3 year old all weekend so we had a miserable bank holiday and im exhausted :( Will be back in the gym or outside when i dont feel tired!

I did W1D2 this morning which was lovely in the park near us - didn't find the length of the runs a strain at all but I totally get the stamina aspect of it. I think I usually run for longer than the 60 secs but don't keep going for long enough so the interval training will be useful and I'm not tempted to skip any days. Have signed up for a 5K fun run in mid July so I have a goal to work towards. Podcast was useful - not really my taste in music but hey, its free and gives me some structure.

W5D2 DONE!!!!! I was going to repeat W5D1 as it's been 5-6 days since I did the programme, but I got to the end of the first 5min sequence and I thought to myself 'I can carry on?', and I did- for 8mins! I had a 3min walk, then did another 8mins! I can't believe it! And I wasn't overly tired at the end of it? I'm going to do it again on Friday before I attempt W5D3 (20min jog?!)...

Welcome Boardwitless, the more the merrier on here! It helps keep me motivated to carry on knowing theres others in the same boat?

Well done IrishMum. I've had some time off with a chest infection, but have got back on track and done w2d2 again today. W2d3 on Friday! I have to keep at it as my 5k is on July 11th.

Welcome boardwitless!

Glad your on the mend evan! i did think you'd fallen off the wagon so its nice to see you back!

Well done irishmum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was listening to it when i did w5w1 and boy you have my admiration!!

Shabba- you'll be there in no time! I'm even contemplating doing it again today? Or maybe trying a 10-12min run in preparation for W5D3 (seeing as it's supposed to be my 'rest' day?)? I'll see how I feel later on....

and you think im a nutter for going on "hill day" :p

I went on the Wii for 45 mins last night as i felt i wasnt doing anything :(Ill be glad for the weekend to rest!

45mins!! You'd be resuscitating me! LOL! After all that I'm feeling a bit lazy today....I'll see if I can 'jig' myself into action!

have a lazy day then :p

We went on the Wii at dinner! i love this place! :D so we did 30 mins playing tennis and bowling and had a good laugh! Its better when theres someone with you :D

Back