C25K Running Thread!!

I saw the big jump in times during the C25K plan and wondered if it was an error - obviously not :eek:
Bit scary - I guess there's a reason for it?

yeah its trying to kill us! :D :giggle:

Started wk2 today and so far am coping OK with the timed runs - I'm using Robert Ullrey's podcasts too. Not sure about my running style as I've never had anyone watch me run so when he says 'run from your heels not on your toes' it's all news to me. I shall go off and look for a site with running tips to try to put me right if I'm doing it all wrong. Have a good week

oh i didnt get the podcast till week 5 so i missed that. How i guess its not about pushing from your toes?

enjoy week 2! I still havent visited the road or dreadmill this week. monday i will have to get into it again!

Hey guys
Just got caught up with how everyone is doing, and it seems you're all doing great.

I've not been here for a bit coz my laptop has now well and truely died. But thought I'd let you know how I'm getting on, if anyone cares.

I'm not doing c25k anymore, simply because I couldn't download the podcasts and after three weeks of doing week4 I though sod it. So next run I had I didn't bother walking at the walk bits just kept running, see how long I could do. Managed 22 minutes (I know it shocked me too). So since then I just go out running with my own music. Doing between 2 and 4 miles most nights (I use google map to measure my runs). I'm still slow, and I still end up looking like a beetroot, but I amazingly am managing fine.
You guys will be fine as your distances increase coz really it's the first 5-10 mins that are the worst. After that you just fall into a rhythm and your breathing relaxes. I can honestly say I'm loving it, and I couldn't have done it without c25k, and without the support of this thread. So thanks, particularly to Shabba and IrishMum.

Thank you for that :D

Im glad your doing it on your own!! Its such an achievement to do it especially when you think back to when you first start and you wonder if you'll ever do it!!

Well done!!!
:talk017:

C25K doers -found you!

Started wk2 today and so far am coping OK with the timed runs - I'm using Robert Ullrey's podcasts too. Not sure about my running style as I've never had anyone watch me run so when he says 'run from your heels not on your toes' it's all news to me. I shall go off and look for a site with running tips to try to put me right if I'm doing it all wrong. Have a good week

Hi there! so glad I found this thread. I started C25K last week. I did week 2 2nd set today. I love the programme but I found that I stopped short a few times today on the jogging sections -felt ready to drop -speaks loads about my current fitness level. I first tried C25K 2 years ago and got to week 4 or 5.
Anyway new start now and I really want to build up my fitness and complete it this time. I will look out for the success stories of you all for inspiration!:)

Welcome Lee!

Im having a disaster of a time with it and contemplating going back to week 1! its ok except that i keep missing runs :(

Hi everyone, hope your week is going well. I'm part way through W2 and so far keeping up with the intervals OK - even running a little bit further (that won't last :D).I have a week off soon - would it be unwise to try to run every day? I wanted to make best use of my week as I usually work full time

It would. you really need the rest days or you will injure yourself. Instead of going for a run, go for a walk! :D Will keep you active and not cause any harm!

Instead of going for a run, go for a walk! :D Will keep you active and not cause any harm!
Good point - I also have a lateral thigh trainer which I can do half an hour on and it feels like it's done something useful by the end. Did W2D3 today and coped well. Now off to download W3

Welcome Lee!

Im having a disaster of a time with it and contemplating going back to week 1! its ok except that i keep missing runs :(
Me too...thats why I've been lurking:(:eek:....I WILL get back on track though....I WILL!!!:D

I thought you'd desertededed me! :(

Im ill again, i've actually been waiting for this cold for a few weeks and its finally hit me!

Last night i downloaded Week 1 again and when im better i intend to do it but at home. I'm cancelling my gym because im not using it at dinners now and i want to go swimming. OH said i can only have 1 or the other :( and as im taking madam for some mummy daughter time i decided to ditch the gym!

So hopefully on Monday i will be back doing the runinning, if not sooner!!

I finally moved on to week 3 yesterday and it's actually getting easier. I'm still logging my runs on Daily Mile too.

Well done evan! :D

im doing W1W1 again tomorrow :D Will do it when madam goes to bed so its cooler!

Okay peeps, it's time to get off my ass & get back on track. I was meant to do W5D3, but I think I'll aim for completing W5D2 again, but if I feel I can go for longer while doing it, I'll go for it? I can't see that happening as it's over 2wks from I stood on the treadmill (shame!!!:eek::eek::eek:), but gotta be positive! It's getting beyond a joke now...:sigh::)

Well i've just had chance to get on after a busy weekend!!!

I did it Friday evening!!! :D I waited till it was cooler then did W1W1. It felt good being on the road if a little daunting! Im hopefully doing it again tonight!

Hi everyone, I've sort of been reading this thread, and doing almost the C25K programme. Except that I'm extraordinarily unfit, so I've modified it a bit. I go to the gym, and I use the treadmill, and I'm running for one min, walking for one min. I started doing it for 10mins (so 5 running blocks), and I'm adding an extra block every week. So now I'm on 12 mins, and 6 running blocks.

It is getting a teeny, teeny, tiny bit easier. But then I see all these people next to me running really fast for 20-30 minutes. I can't ever see being able to run for more than a couple of minutes without thinking that I might die?!

Does it honestly get better and easier, and will it be possible to run for say 20 minutes? That would just be so amazing if I can achieve that.

Hello and welcome Rachel!!!

Yes it does get easier but outside is a bit harder then inside! :) which is why im doing it again now my gym membership has been cancelled! You're nearly doing the C25K!! You just need to walk a bit longer :p

Last night i did W1W2 which was good. I went through the woods and swallowed a fly, well nearly, i spat it out when i got home. EEEEEEEEWWWWWWW

Hi everyone,

Well, I've been toying with the idea of doing this programme for a couple of months but to be perfectly honest I wanted to get my weight down quite a bit before I started so as to not knacker my knees up!!

I'm only on week 2 and did the first workout yesterday. I got it the wrong way round though like a clown - I jogged for 2 mins and walked for 1.5. I'm also going for longer than it says so I hope I'm not doing too much too soon and will wear myself out. When doing the week 1's I was sticking with it for 35 to 40 mins. When I did the first week 2 yesterday, I kept going for 50 mins.

I'll just have to see how I go. If I can't move on to the longer runs I'll have to just be a good girl and stick to the programme properly :p

Back