C25K Running Thread!!

Welcome Lucky Cat!!! If you can keep going keep doing it! :D Just make sure you listen to your body :) I stick to the programme because it just fits in right with going "round the block" :D

Okay...I finally forced myself to get back on track and give W5D2 another shot. :eek:I did a short warm-up and started jogging. I got to 8mins, and thought "I can keep on going here?"...so I did...for another 8mins!!! :happy036::character00115:So 16mins in total jogging!?!?! :wee::bunnydance:I couldn't believe it? I could've REALLY pushed it for another 4, but thought I'd be asking for trouble after 3wks of doing nothing?:innocent0002: So I'm totally chuffed with myself. I'll try the same again tomorrow, and aim for the whole 20mins on Friday...well, that the plan anyway! LOL!:giggle:

Keep going everyone- If I can do this anyone can!!! :gen126:

Well done thats fantabulous!!!!!!!

I was out last night and its WI night tonight so im back on the road tomorrow. Im enjoying taking it slowly again!

I did a short warm-up and started jogging. I got to 8mins, and thought "I can keep on going here?"...so I did...for another 8mins!!! :happy036::character00115:So 16mins in total jogging!?!?!

Wow! That's very impressive! I bet you're chuffed to bits with that, I know I would be.

I'm being really naughty and am not sticking to the programme at all. I'm doing more because I can and I just hope I don't end up running out of steam with it and giving up. I'm still supposed to be on week 2, but instead of the run 1.5 mins, walk for 2, I'm running for 5 mins and walking for 2. I ended my run last night doing the longest I've done so far - 8 mins. I'd kept it going for just over an hour too.

I have been doing loads of exercise since I started trying to lose weight anyway so I wouldn't say I'm unfit as such, but I've even surprised myself with this. Plus I don't look or feel like I'm going to have a coronary at the end of it either ;)

Thanks Dextersmummy, Shabba & Luckycat! I've got a big cheesy grin on my gob!

Luckycat- Wow!!! If you can do it, I'd say go for it?? The C25K is really just a guide to 'ease' people into being able to jog? It's taken me a lot longer than the 9wks it's supposed to, but I've had weeks where I wasn't able to complete the runs, and whole 2-3wk sections where i didn't do anything at all! LOL! But I've stuck at it. Purely because I think at this stage I want to see if I can run 20mins at a stretch. Then when I do that, I'll see if I can actually do 25mins. It's really about my stamina at this stage, as I can walk almost as fast for much longer, but I know the 'jogging' is improving my cardio fitness so I want to stick at it?

Well done everyone!!

Have you managed to do another run this week?

I've been for my last W1W3 this evening. I ran a bit faster than usual and I felt it!! I'm going to try W2W1 on monday evening and see how it goes.

Hi C25kers!
After 4 weeks I'm getting to the end of week 2. I'll be doing W2D3 tomorrow. I hope to make steady progress as I'd really taken it gradually. I just want to get past this splutter-gasp stage! Bit comforting to know that others have experienced this and that the programme CAN be done. Irish Mum's done 16 mins recently -my, that is encouraging.
Is it any easier doing it on the treadmill than being outside?

Is it any easier doing it on the treadmill than being outside?

Hi Trimlee,
Yeah, it is easier to run on a treadmill. The surface is flat for one thing, there are none of the lumps and bumps of different surfaces and you don't get the ups and downs of hills and slopes that you get when you run outside. Also, treadmills are shock absorbers too, they give a little under your feet which is a good thing really as it helps your knees and ankles. You don't get that running on paths!

I think it's nicer to run outside as at least the scenery changes! I am very lucky though as I can run in fields and by the river near my house.

Thanks L Cat! I like the outdoors too esp first thing in the morning when it's peaceful. I use the Christian Indie C25K tracks and they're quite uplifting. w2d3 here I come!

I started my C25K on the treadmill and now im on the road. It is very different and im working so much harder now but i enjoy the scenery much more than myself in a mirror! I cant stress enough how different it is! I try to make sure i walk up the hills and run down them :giggle: unfortunately where i live i cant escape them!!!

I was hoping to go out tonight but i think OH is talking about taking us out for a walk instead.

I've downloaded W2 so im prepared either way!

Well done anyway lee! It takes as long as you like and the more you do it the better you will feel!

Well, inspired by IrishMum's fantabulous 16 mins the other day, I've been out for my jog today and went for it.

I've had a couple of days off from it and, to be perfectly honest, the weather has been cack and when I run in the fields I don't want to do that when the grass is wet as I'd get soaked.

As the sun's shining today I thought I'd give it my best shot. I did a total of 1hr 38 mins and that was jogging in blocks of between 6 and 10 mins and then walking for 2 mins. But.....drumroll please......I did one stretch of 16 mins. Hurray and hurrah! I feel mightily chuffed with myself :D:D:D:D:D:D

I shouldn't really be in this thread now I guess as I'm clearly not sticking to the C25K, having got to partway through week 2 and then deciding to do my own thing :8855::8855::8855: I'm obviously not someone who likes being told what to do :8855::8855::8855:

PMSL!!!:D:D:D Well Done Lucky Cat!! I said it before, the C25K is a great guide, but just that- a guide? Obviously you've surpassed the expectations that the creator had when he envisioned a 'couch potato' trying to learn how to jog (he had the likes of me in mind!:p) so just go for it! You can only get better/fitter/faster from here on in!

Just to update- I repeated my 'epic' jog on Friday...but don't think I could've hit the 20min mark....but theres always today....;):p

Hey Shabba! I did W3D1 today! Couldn't complete the jogging times still -would get to points where my legs flet like lead and slow to a walk. BUT (yea, but!) I thought back to week 1 or pre-week 1 and saw the progress I had made already- aha! So, I've decided to just keep at it; I'll get there! How is you W2 going Shabba?

L-Cat and Irish Mum: good on you, girls! I look forward to the day when I'm doing 10 mins at a stretch. Good for us all!!

I've had a rough day and have felt a bit low and succumbed to eating a bag of jelly babies which left me feeling extremely guilty. In an attempt to work off all those extra calories, I decided to try a bit of jogging even though I really wasn't in the mood for it.

Now, I don't know if it was all that sugar from the jelly babies that did it, but I started jogging and kept going. And kept going. And kept going. For 36 minutes!!!! I can't believe it, I really can't.
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:superwoman:

Now, I don't know if it was all that sugar from the jelly babies that did it, but I started jogging and kept going. And kept going. And kept going. For 36 minutes!!!!
Oh....my.....GOD!!!! Thats fantastic!!!! Now I don't know if I could justify the sugar/energy boost everytime, but what a result! LOL!

Well done!

Wow - you're all doing so well! You're a great inspiration.
I find running SO hard, but I'm going to stick at it.

Well today I ran in public, and outside!
I did W1D1 of the C25K programme, and I think I might be dead! LOL
Problem is, i live on the top of a hill, so I can't do a flat run. Whichever way I go, I have to go downhill, and consequently back up again! The 5th and 6th minutes of running were awful! LOL I was running, but I think I was actually moving more slowly than if I was walking.

BUT - I did it, and I'll do it again. I did 1.85miles in 30 mins - is that good, bad or average? Actually, that's pretty poor isn't it? But it is hilly. LOL

Rachel welcome to C25K! Yes the hills do make a differnece, yes! (emphatically stated, partially in self-defence!). When I'm on a hilly part I struggle and have many times stopped jogging and walked. The main thing is to keep at it, really, then will come the day (soon I think!) when we can jog all the way -hill or no hill!

L-Cat: 36 mins -wow! Could jelly beans be the key? If only.. But seriously, well done, what an inspiration.

I did W3D2 today and to my delight found a long and peaceful stretch which is perfect for it. Now I can do 90 seconds jogging (yeah, seconds not minutes!) and the next goal is 3 minutes, then 5. I'm just happy I'm moving..... I KNOW I'LL BE ABLE TO DO 5K IN A FEW WEEKS TIME!!!

Everyone is doing so well :D

I didnt manage to go in the end on Monday but we went out for the evening and walked looooooads!!! I've been under pressure at work so i've been vegging out every evening so again i will be out ASAP!! Im hoping i can get out tonight!

Hills are a nightmare!! When i did it on the treadmill i used to have "hill day" and that was tough. Unfortunately hills are always going to be there and i deal with them by using my 5min warm up to walk up the biggest then i only have to come back up a short way when i get to the bottom :8855:

Back