Step 1 Sole Source Cambridge Weight Plan- Weight Loss Diary 2014

Hi guys the motivation on here is brilliant ! Everyone is doing so well ! I have just finished my first week on SS and here is to the second week ! This second week I want to combine a bit of SS with SS+ does anyone know how much effect this has on weight loss compared to just sticking with just SS ?

Hiya! Congratulations on getting through the first and arguably most difficult week. :) Funnily enough, I'm planning on spending next week (week nine) on Sole Source Plus. I've been 100% on Sole Source for the last eight weeks and I think adding a week of Sole Source Plus will help to keep me going for the final three weeks on step one. So I'll keep you posted on how that impacts the weigh in. :) I hope week two breezes by for you! X

Shocked reactions last night at the family do! Lol it was a great feeling. I can't imagine what they'll say when I'm at target! One family member pissed me right off though. She didn't quite buy my 'diet and exercise' excuse and just kept going on and on and ON about how much I'd lost. She isn't the most discreet of people and created such a scene. I just wanted to smack her. Ergh!

How's everyone getting on? X

Yep, I'm doing Cambridge for the first time too. I'm on the 8th week of the Sole Source plan. It's going well thanks. It was physically difficult with hunger and headaches etc in the first three or four days. But once I was in ketosis, it was definitely easier. After that, it was just the mental cravings that I had to control. But after a few weeks, I was in my element and it's so so easy now!

Wow, a four stone weight loss is incredible! What did the Dukan diet consist of? You'll lose a stone in no time. :) x

Dukan was basically protein, protein and more protein, similar to the Cambridge as I think the idea is that you go into a form of ketosis and the body uses more energy etc to deal with protein. I was good, and while I was on it, I felt great, but came off it for a holiday and couldnt bring myself to eat chicken, eggs and ham anymore, in fact, i havent eaten any of those things for almost a year!!

How much have you lost in total? Did you invest in any ketostix?

Dukan was basically protein, protein and more protein, similar to the Cambridge as I think the idea is that you go into a form of ketosis and the body uses more energy etc to deal with protein. I was good, and while I was on it, I felt great, but came off it for a holiday and couldnt bring myself to eat chicken, eggs and ham anymore, in fact, i havent eaten any of those things for almost a year!! How much have you lost in total? Did you invest in any ketostix?

Hey. Oh I see. Wow, no chicken in a year! Don't think I could ever manage that. Lol. I think that Cambridge will be good for getting your love of protein back. 12 weeks of no solids will do that to a person. Haha! I'm doing Sole Source Plus for this week only (week nine) after eight straight weeks of 100% Sole Source and I've never been more ecstatic to eat chicken and veg!

To date, I've lost 13.4 kg / 29 pounds / 2.1 stone. So I have 11.6 kg / 26 pounds / 2 stone to go! Half way there. :) I never invested in the ketostix. My Consultant has never even mentioned them to me before. I only know of them because of this forum lol. But I've not cheated so far so can safely assume that I've been in ketosis the whole way through.

How're you getting on? X

Day Fifty-Seven: Sole Source: 2/3/14

So week eight is over and week nine begins today. I had a weigh in this morning and unfortunately only lost .2 kg / .4 pounds bringing my weight down from 72 kg to 71.8 kg / 158.7 pounds to 158.3 pounds. It's practically like staying the same weight! It might have something to do with the huge 2.5 kg I lost last week. I know it's not because of cheating or failing to drink the right quantity of water, as I've remained consistent from the beginning. So it's a little disheartening. But I won't stop my journey because of one rubbish week, for reasons beyond my control.

I've decided to spend week nine doing Sole Source Plus, which leaves weeks ten to twelve on Sole Source, before I move onto step two. While I'm extremely excited to eat today, I'm also feeling that this may lead to another small number on the scales next Saturday. :( I really wanted to be out of the 70's (kg) by next week's weigh in. But it seems unlikely after this weeks performance and possibly due to the reintroduction of food for a week. *sigh*

Last edited:
Hey. Oh I see. Wow, no chicken in a year! Don't think I could ever manage that. Lol. I think that Cambridge will be good for getting your love of protein back. 12 weeks of no solids will do that to a person. Haha! I'm doing Sole Source Plus for this week only (week nine) after eight straight weeks of 100% Sole Source and I've never been more ecstatic to eat chicken and veg!

To date, I've lost 13.4 kg / 29 pounds / 2.1 stone. So I have 11.6 kg / 26 pounds / 2 stone to go! Half way there. :) I never invested in the ketostix. My Consultant has never even mentioned them to me before. I only know of them because of this forum lol. But I've not cheated so far so can safely assume that I've been in ketosis the whole way through.

How're you getting on? X

Yeah, chicken is already appealing and I have only been on the plan 4 days!! ha ha!

I am feeling ok to be honest, no side effects and haven't been actually tempted to cheat, i have felt hungry but I have managed to not grab a biscuit or slice of toast. However, realisation is sinking in fast that I have a long long LONG way to go!!

I keep worrying that I am going to forget how to eat, I had wanted to have some shakes, porridges and soups, however, the soups and porridges I have tried have been awful and despite my hunger, I have had to throw them away!!

How have you been enjoying real food?

Yeah, chicken is already appealing and I have only been on the plan 4 days!! ha ha! I am feeling ok to be honest, no side effects and haven't been actually tempted to cheat, i have felt hungry but I have managed to not grab a biscuit or slice of toast. However, realisation is sinking in fast that I have a long long LONG way to go!! I keep worrying that I am going to forget how to eat, I had wanted to have some shakes, porridges and soups, however, the soups and porridges I have tried have been awful and despite my hunger, I have had to throw them away!! How have you been enjoying real food?

Congratulations on staying strong and not feeling tempted. I think that's half, if not all, of the battle on this diet.

I got pretty down on like week two or three where I felt the same- about it being such a long way to go. I think looking at it one day at a time really helped. It's about the little victories; congratulating yourself for getting through another day at 100% sole source. And the next thing you know, it's weigh in day and you're another week down! :)

I HATED the porridge. It was vile! I tend to have the soups when my cravings for something savoury get out of hand. But mostly I'm having the shakes and bars! The first couple of weeks are really trial and error. You'll hopefully discover something you do like soon enough!

Real food has been amazing! I had a rubbish weight loss of only 0.2 kg / 0.4 pound last week. So I'm hoping that eating for a week will kick start the weight loss again because I have so much left to lose still! :( x

Hi CDROME - we have similar stats. Although I have always struggled with my weight and have had episodes of eating disorders - the starvation/binge cycle. I started 10 days ago at 13st 8lb and lost 7lbs in my first 5 days. I am worried that the weight loss will stop - im also forcing myself to eat the soup (which I really dont like) as I am worried the 'naughty tasting' shakes are really bad for me and the porridge too. I need to get my head out of this mode but struggle. What have your results been like? What do you typically have in a day?

I have 7 weeks to shift another 1.5stone before my sister's wedding when I am Maid of Honour! x

Congratulations on staying strong and not feeling tempted. I think that's half, if not all, of the battle on this diet.

I got pretty down on like week two or three where I felt the same- about it being such a long way to go. I think looking at it one day at a time really helped. It's about the little victories; congratulating yourself for getting through another day at 100% sole source. And the next thing you know, it's weigh in day and you're another week down! :)

I HATED the porridge. It was vile! I tend to have the soups when my cravings for something savoury get out of hand. But mostly I'm having the shakes and bars! The first couple of weeks are really trial and error. You'll hopefully discover something you do like soon enough!

Real food has been amazing! I had a rubbish weight loss of only 0.2 kg / 0.4 pound last week. So I'm hoping that eating for a week will kick start the weight loss again because I have so much left to lose still! :( x

I am definitely trying to concentrate on each day as it comes, if I thought too much about what is to come over the net few months, I would give up. I am also trying to plan things that I want to look good for so I have incentive to stick to it! I really like most of the shake flavours and think I will be able to have the bars in another week. Staying well clear of the porridge and soups!

What was your starting weight? I'm sure you will see a good result at your next WI. Keep us updated!

Hi,
How you getting on? I've stayed the same the past 2 weeks, quite disheartening to be honest. Not sure why.
Just starting week 10 now. Can you believe we've done 9 weeks now!! Mad really x

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(

Hi, How you getting on? I've stayed the same the past 2 weeks, quite disheartening to be honest. Not sure why. Just starting week 10 now. Can you believe we've done 9 weeks now!! Mad really x Wk 1 -8lb Wk2 -6lb Wk3 -3lb Wk4 -4lb Wk5 -3lb Wk6 -3lb Wk7 -3lb Wk8 -STS :-(

Hi Liz!

Sorry for the late reply. It's been a very busy few days. How're you? How's it going?

I've had the same rubbish losses for the last two weeks, despite being 100% consistent throughout this diet. :( Week eight, I lost 0.2kg. Week nine's weigh in ended up being only four days later, in the evening, as I couldn't see her on my normal Saturday and I lost only 0.4kg. I did sole source plus during week nine and was a little paranoid about the loss I would achieve. So I became a serial weigher during the week. Lol! The funny thing is my scales showed a much higher loss! I felt really disheartened after that weigh in and so haven't stepped on the scales since.

I'm still going though. Sole source plus stopped on Saturday and I'm back to sole source as of yesterday, for the next three weeks. Hoping for a big number this week! Especially since it's for a ten day period.

When's your next weigh in? X

Last edited:
Yeah still going strong. Sts again last week so had Saturday off on the advice of my consultant. Back on Sunday. Feeling hungry but sticking to it. Hoping for a loss this week. Seems like your having the same issue. We must stick with it. Week 10 now. So quick. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk9 -STS :-( Again

Weigh in on sat morning. When's yours? X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Yeah still going strong. Sts again last week so had Saturday off on the advice of my consultant. Back on Sunday. Feeling hungry but sticking to it. Hoping for a loss this week. Seems like your having the same issue. We must stick with it. Week 10 now. So quick. X Wk 1 -8lb Wk2 -6lb Wk3 -3lb Wk4 -4lb Wk5 -3lb Wk6 -3lb Wk7 -3lb Wk8 -STS :-( Wk9 -STS :-( Again

Oooh Saturday off! What did you eat? Lol! Hoping the hunger has died down now and that you're seeing some movement on the scales now? Week ten is almost over! It's going super fast. Looking forward to step two!

Weigh in on sat morning. When's yours? X Wk 1 -8lb Wk2 -6lb Wk3 -3lb Wk4 -4lb Wk5 -3lb Wk6 -3lb Wk7 -3lb Wk8 -STS :-( Wk9 -STS :-( Again

It's supposed to be Saturday morning like you. But work is crazy ATM. And hours are unpredictable. So just depends on when I get the chance to see her and if I'm working on the weekend or if I finish early in the next few days. I've run out of bars as well. So shakes at work will be interesting lol. X

I am definitely trying to concentrate on each day as it comes, if I thought too much about what is to come over the net few months, I would give up. I am also trying to plan things that I want to look good for so I have incentive to stick to it! I really like most of the shake flavours and think I will be able to have the bars in another week. Staying well clear of the porridge and soups! What was your starting weight? I'm sure you will see a good result at your next WI. Keep us updated!

Hey! How are you? Sorry for the late reply. It's been crazy lately. How's the diet going for you?

My starting weight was 85.2kg / 187 pounds / 13.4 stone. You? X

I didn't go mad with the food. Had a few drinks though :) Put on 3lb which went 2 days later and lost 2lb since then so finally I'm on the move downwards again. Last day of week 10 today. Sounds crazy saying it!!!! Hope you manage to get to weigh in. Not much longer for us :) x

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

I didn't go mad with the food. Had a few drinks though :) Put on 3lb which went 2 days later and lost 2lb since then so finally I'm on the move downwards again. Last day of week 10 today. Sounds crazy saying it!!!! Hope you manage to get to weigh in. Not much longer for us :) x Wk 1 -8lb Wk2 -6lb Wk3 -3lb Wk4 -4lb Wk5 -3lb Wk6 -3lb Wk7 -3lb Wk8 -STS :-( Wk9 -STS :-( Again

Aww that's great! Hopefully your weigh in tomorrow shows a nice big loss! :) How far from target are you? I will definitely be weighing in tomorrow morning, as I don't have to work on the weekend again, thankfully! My last day of week ten is tomorrow. But it's definitely surreal! The journey seemed never ending at the beginning. And now the first stage is practically over, eek! Let me know how tomorrow goes. ;) x

Will do hun. I was 1 stone 3lb away from target, lost at least 4lb so far this week so less than a stone to go, official weigh in in the morn so will let you know. Exciting. What about you? How much more do you want to lose? X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Hi CDROME - we have similar stats. Although I have always struggled with my weight and have had episodes of eating disorders - the starvation/binge cycle. I started 10 days ago at 13st 8lb and lost 7lbs in my first 5 days. I am worried that the weight loss will stop - im also forcing myself to eat the soup (which I really dont like) as I am worried the 'naughty tasting' shakes are really bad for me and the porridge too. I need to get my head out of this mode but struggle. What have your results been like? What do you typically have in a day? I have 7 weeks to shift another 1.5stone before my sister's wedding when I am Maid of Honour! x

Hey Soph! So sorry, I've only just seen your message! Wow, 7lbs in five days is fab! The weight loss will not stop on this diet- the calorie intake is far too low in order for that to happen. You may have a few weeks where you eventually plateau but it always picks up again. Try the shakes- they're just as low in calories as the soups and taste so much better! Have you found it any easier now that you're a bit further along in the diet?

My results have been good. I've lost 16kg / 35 pounds in ten weeks! In the first two weeks, I was on just the shakes and soups. From week three onwards, I introduced the bars. I started with one bar a day. But I have had weeks where I'll have two a day. And it doesn't seem to affect my losses at all!

I've lost on average a stone a month so you can definitely lose 1.5 stone in seven weeks. Stick at it. :) X

Back