Can you visualise youself as a slim person?

we're not all supposed to be the same size or shape, and I know half the girls that size won't stay the same way forever.

You are right on that one....having left school over 10 years ago I'm now quite surprised by how the people who bullied me at school for being fat look these days....

Thank You Facebook :innocent0001:

You are right on that one....having left school over 10 years ago I'm now quite surprised by how the people who bullied me at school for being fat look these days....

I only added my school bullies so I could see what they were like now and it made me feel so much better!

xD

Yeah, my mom was fat as a child, and now she's pretty skinny, and she said she's run into the girls who used to bully her for her weight, and they're now twice the size she ever was.

xD

Yeah, my mom was fat as a child, and now she's pretty skinny, and she said she's run into the girls who used to bully her for her weight, and they're now twice the size she ever was.

Hehe...I also like the fact that most of the 'cool kids' from school now look old enough to be my parents :) I got ID'ed again buying the drinks for my boyfs birthday party, and some of them easily look 40 now :party0049: being mean clearly makes you age badly :giggle:

^I look younger than my age apparently, so hopefully that'll stick when I get older. x)

My mom is 44 and still gets hit on by 20 year olds.

Reactions: Taz
It's that Cornish air on your skin! My profile picture on facebook was taken 15 years ago and no one has noticed as I still look the same in my face! I still get ID'd

The worst thing for me is my mind plays tricks on me & when I look in the mirror I see myself as I used to look when I was a size 10, so even though my clothes dont fit anymore my mind sais 'yeah, you still look the same dont worry about it' I think this is a classic case of denial.
But then, when Im away from home & I catch a glimpse of myself in another mirror or a shop window I see an oghre, I see the real me & I usually go home there & then :cry:

The worst thing for me is my mind plays tricks on me & when I look in the mirror I see myself as I used to look when I was a size 10, so even though my clothes dont fit anymore my mind sais 'yeah, you still look the same dont worry about it' I think this is a classic case of denial.
But then, when Im away from home & I catch a glimpse of myself in another mirror or a shop window I see an oghre, I see the real me & I usually go home there & then :cry:

:hug99:

You're making positive steps back to being where you want to be.

I'm sure other people don't see you like that, we are just all our own worst critics!! :eek:

I was just reading through all the posts and found it very interesting.

I weigh about 10 and a half stone atm and am 5ft 1, im also a size 12 (which isnt very big seeing as at one point i was nearly a size 20)!

I find it completely impossible to imagine myself as what i would consider as being thin.

If someone were to ask me to close my eyes and think about what i look like right now, i imagine myself as what i used to look like, i just cant seem to help it.

Everyday I look in the mirror and see myself as really fat and i focus on everything bad and everything flabby, which is sad as everybody tells me im not fat as Im just a size 12 :sigh:

I think that applies to a lot of people. Being big has been a major factor in your life affecting how you have approached and responded to things. Just physically losing weight does not necessarily address the fact that you are mentally conditioned to behave as a 'fat person should' ie feel uncomfortable eating in public, wear loose clothing, not wish to look at your body etc....
I have found that learning to accept myself is actually much harder that losing weight....but I'm getting there :)

Try not to focus on the things you are not happy with, and see what has improved.
I can see that my hips and legs are much slimmer, my waist is more defined, I don't have a double chin anymore. :)
These are the things I should notice when I look in the mirror, not that my tummy still sticks out, and I've got wobbly bingo-wings!! :(

Wow that is a huge achievement well done you must feel great! I remember myself as a size 12, I was curvy, size 12 is sexy I think :)

I was just reading through all the posts and found it very interesting.

I weigh about 10 and a half stone atm and am 5ft 1, im also a size 12 (which isnt very big seeing as at one point i was nearly a size 20)!

I find it completely impossible to imagine myself as what i would consider as being thin.

If someone were to ask me to close my eyes and think about what i look like right now, i imagine myself as what i used to look like, i just cant seem to help it.

Everyday I look in the mirror and see myself as really fat and i focus on everything bad and everything flabby, which is sad as everybody tells me im not fat as Im just a size 12 :sigh:

At present i find it difficult to look at myself in mirror also struggle to imagine myself slim, but can remember being slimmer and fitter when younger.
Trying to see myself in a size 12 with slimmer hips and thighs as thats where i hold my weight Ava

well i just bought a size 16 dress online, hoping to get into it for christmas and when it arrived, it fit. and i danced around the house. but my brain won't accept that i'm a size 16. i haven't been for about 8 years so what would have changed? it's really strange. i'm standing there in the evidence that i'm losing weight but my brain won't accept it. i can see that i am looking much better however. but my head just won't accept it. it's been a dream for so long it doesn't seem to be really happening...

abz xx

I find it hard visualising myself as a slim person. I think I will always carry slightly more weight than average because of my height. I love thinking about the clothes I will be able to buy once I have lost weight , though. One of the worst things about being overweight is horrible clothes and lack of choice

At the moment - no! I've always been overweight as an adult, I weighed 14st 10lbs on my 18th birthday, when I was 22 I weighed 17 st 7lbs, and my weight has crept up and up to what it is at the moment.

I've never been a slim adult, and while I was fairly slim as a teenager (up until a certain point) I've no idea what I would look like. I've worn this fat suit for so long, and the fact that it will be going and will one day be gone for good is a big thing for me to get my head around.

xxx

CONFUSING

Our LLC says it takes about a year for our heads to catch up with the changes in our bodies. Sometimes I know I'm wearing small clothes and feel slim. On ther days catch sight of myself in a mirror or window and don't realise it's me or I allow too much space for my body when passing someone or walking through a door etc.

I really really struggle to imagine myself.

I was once slim.. in my teenage years.. but I was dieting even then! It was about 8 years ago I found a picture (rare) of me at about 15... I was slim and it shocked me!! honestly I really had thought I was a fat teen. :rolleyes: I do remember my legs being wider than my best friends etc, and that is true - proven in photos in 80's skinny jeans. So I reckon I did likely need to lose a little weight but definately not the huge amount it seemed at the time.

so.. getting back to the point, as I have a distorted memory and have been a 14-24 dress size in my adult life I cannot imagine myself slim.

I do want to get to a healthy BMI and stay there.. just so that no one tells me to lose weight anymore.. i've had enough of that and feeling rubbish.

I don't know how others will feel around me about that fact, but as long as I'm a healthy bmi they can't really argue can they. :)

Will be interesting.. time will tell!

It's funny finding this thread revived cos I was reading Icemoose's motivational emails on Fri for the first time (shame on me, he sent them months ago!) and one was about making time to imagine yourself slim. I have tried this before with PMK but I dunno if I am doing it right or not.:confused: It's kinda like the scenario is hazy and it's not really me but someone else if that makes sense?

As for bullies being fatties now, what goes around comes around eh?:D

i can't wait to get to a healthy bmi. for one thing, once there, even though i am losing this weight for me now, it will be solely for me and no other outside reason then. as long as i have a healthy bmi then it will be just for how i want to perceive myself within those boundaries rather than being 'the fat one'. and do you know what? for the first time in years and years and years i am not the fattest of all my friends. not that i want them to be bigger than me. but it's a bit of a shock nonetheless...

abz xx

Back