Can you visualise youself as a slim person?

depends on how im feeling i suppose. Some days I can visualise myself being miss healthy, joggin down the street etc .. other days I think Im gonna be some frump for life. Need to try and keep positive! :)

I've recently started listening to my Marisa Peer cd again and when she gets to the visualisation part and tells you to see yourself at your ideal weight I thought it's a pity I've no pics of my Mum when she was my around age and quite slim cos I look like her and thought it'd help me but then her sister came into my mind, she is very pretty and slim and now I make the visualisation into a sort of cross between us, iyswim.

I can't because I've never been slim. o_o I've always been overweight.
Like in school when they other children were 20kgs I was 30kgs and whatnot.
I weighted 97kgs in eight grade (15 years old? I'm 21 now) and that's the lowest weight I can remember. I haven't grown much since then so suppose I know what I will look like when I'm on 97kgs but not less.
I'm eager to find out though.

This is interesting. I was talking about this with my mum the other day - she asked me the same question.

There was a time where I couldn't even visualize it. It seemed so impossible, and I thought I'd probably be overweight forever and I, and other people, would just have to accept it.

But since I've been losing, I can visualize it most of the time, unless I'm having a real discouraged day/moment. But as I lose more I'm able to imagine it more. It's nice to imagine me more confident, more able, wearing nicer clothes, etc. etc. So I can imagine what I could look like.

But mentally I think it may take some time. Like...I can totally imagine myself "forgetting" I'm slim! I think there will be left-over "baggage" if you will. Being overweight can be hard to deal with, may just leave some wounds. I think I'll still think like an overweight person for a while.

Even now after losing some I sometimes feel just as big as before, even bigger! I think its because I just really am fed up with it now, and want it so bad that I sometimes feel even bigger...doesn that make sense? :confused: But other times I'll look in the mirror, or feel my tummy and see/feel the difference and am able to say "yes, I have lost some, I'm doing good" It's quite a weird process!

I guess I don't know for definite until I am slim though...

I can definitely visualise myself slim, i'm a day dreamer and I can often imagine myself doing the things and wearing the clothes that I want to now but don't because of the weight. But I don't know that if/when I get down to my goal weight i'll actually believe that that's what I weigh and will go out and buy those clothes.... that doesn't even make sense! lol Basically, I can see my slim self, but I don't ever think i'll be her!

One of my issues was that i've been a size 16 since I was 14yrs old, and back then I weighed 9st10 and have fluctuated between that weight and 12st3 and have always remained in a size 16. Sure, some times they fit better but I don't think i'll ever believe that I can get into an 8 0r 10 which is my goal..... we'll see.

I can definitely visualise myself slim, i'm a day dreamer and I can often imagine myself doing the things and wearing the clothes that I want to now but don't because of the weight. But I don't know that if/when I get down to my goal weight i'll actually believe that that's what I weigh and will go out and buy those clothes.... that doesn't even make sense! lol Basically, I can see my slim self, but I don't ever think i'll be her!

One of my issues was that i've been a size 16 since I was 14yrs old, and back then I weighed 9st10 and have fluctuated between that weight and 12st3 and have always remained in a size 16. Sure, some times they fit better but I don't think i'll ever believe that I can get into an 8 0r 10 which is my goal..... we'll see.

Hi Rori, just wanted to say that like you I was a size 16 for many years in my teens. Even after dedicated dieting, I still struggled to get into a 14. My 'good' weight was usually around 12-13 stone, but binge eating would eventually push me up to over 16 stone.

I never thought I could possibly fit into a size 10 in trousers. Just didn't think it was possible (fooled myself with the old big bones lie). But it eventually happened, still can't quite believe it. The thing is, I think the taller you are, the slower you'll see your clothing sizes change. You probably get more dramatic shifts if you're a petite height. Tall folk tend to be able to squeeze themselves into a size through a very wide range of weight. But I think the last stone or so yields the real results you're after. Hang in there, I hope it happens swiftly for you! :)

I have been a size 8 once when I was a teen and I thought I was fat - in fact I was called fat at school (I did have a tummy & boobs)

But I recently went through some old photos of myself - one of them I was hiding my face and I was soo thin! I couldn't believe it. I hated the way I looked yet, looking back I was gorgeous - why couldn't I see it? I would love to be like that again, but I can't really visualize myself as that teenager - I'm a lot different now I would prefer to visualize myself as an slim adult, but I can't seem to do it

SO...I photoshop a photo of myself. Its not brilliant because I'm not very good at the graphic design stuff - but it does give an impression of the thin me. I've stuck it to my bedside table so I see it every morning and I've sort of begun to start seeing myself that way. Its a start, anyway

Back