Cancer Awareness Month - Please Help Paint the Site Pink!

Purple Hugs

Loves weight.. training!

We're Going To Paint the Site Pink!

In aid of Cancer Awareness Month

Saw this on another site.. and thought you'd all love to join me

If your a lady.. or a man... you should be doing monthly checks (yes men can get b/c too). If you haven't done yours... please do! ;)

My mum had Breast cancer at a young age, so personally it's close to my heart... and a big fear in my head. :rolleyes:
My annual checks are never a good time for me, as the first one they did they found a lump. :eek: Thankfully benign.

Anyway.. if you know how to post images (sadly i don't)
or if you want to talk about the subject... or even just say Hello to show your support..

PLEASE do so in PINK! :D

:)

Mike

pinkribbon.gif

Excellent idea Purple Hugs.

You know how close to my heart this subject is with 4 operations to remove lumps and ducts from my breasts in just over a year. Loads of medication taken, loads of sleepless nights and tearful days, lots of very helpful people who have seen and are still seeing me through the good and bad days....plus a few not so helpful ones! And a fantastic consultant!
Everyone should check men you too! Please check reguarly it is so important!

Love to all Kam xx

I will do all my posts in pink this month (if I remember), a close family member died four years ago next week from breast cancer at the age of 37 leaving behind 3 smashing kids and a heart broken and never to get over it family. I can't believe 4 years have passed without her. We all miss her terribly and it is hard to believe another year has gone by without her.

Pink is very much the theme at my school as one of the teachers is recovering from breast cancer.

Fantastic idea!:)

Great idea for a thread...

My cousin died from Cancer 6 years ago, she left behind 3 girls. Jacks lovely teacher died a couple of years ago, she was only 38, just a couple of weeks away from her 39th birthday. she was in school on the friday, and was dead on sunday morning. ( the cancer had spread to her stomach which was not picked up)... Also Jess friend died last year aged 15 from a brain tumour and my lil jack's friend died a couple of Months ago aged 8, again from a brain tumour....

As most of you know my friends lil girl is undergoing radiotherapy at the moment, as is our Eclipse...

Check yourselves peeps, it's sooo important..

Thinking of everyone who has ever been affected by this terrible disease...

Great to see you all posting! :D
Sad to read the stories, and of people so young. When you listen to the press you'd still think the only deaths are over 50 year olds. :(

((HUGE PINK HUGS)) to all the families involved, all the survivors - even if they are still in the middle of their battle.
And for everyone touched by the disease.

Great shopping idea's! I love the phone jewel... never seen one i liked really... but that one i'd happily have.

I have a ribbon pin on my purse.

Posting in pink in other threads is a great idea too! ;)

What will you do this Breast Cancer Awareness Month?

Show your Breasts some TLC

Touch Look Check

Most breast cancers are detected by women who report unusual changes to their doctor. This statistic highlights the importance of being breast aware.
Breast awareness means knowing what your breasts look and feel like normally, so you can be aware of any changes and check them out with your doctor as soon as possible. If cancer is diagnosed, prompt treatment offers the best chance of a successful outcome.
So the message from Breakthrough Breast Cancer is simple:

609_TLC_logo.gif

Touch your breasts. Feel for anything unusual.

Look for changes. Be aware of their shape and texture.

Check anything unusual with your doctor. Chat with your friends if you are worried.

There is no need to follow a fancy routine for examining your breasts, just be familiar with how they look and feel so that you notice changes. You can do this by looking and feeling in any way that makes you feel comfortable – in the bath or shower, when dressing, standing or lying down.

If you find anything unusual or are worried, you should talk to your GP.

Changes to look out for include:

• Size or shape – e.g. one breast might become larger or lower than the other.
  • Skin texture – such as puckering or dimpling of the skin.
  • Appearance or direction of nipple – e.g. one nipple might become inverted (turned-in).
  • Discharge - one or both nipples might discharge a blood-stained liquid
  • Rash or crusting of the nipple or surrounding area.
  • Lump in the breast or armpit.
  • Lumpy area or unusual thickening of breast tissue that doesn’t go away after a woman’s period.
Remember that nine out of ten breast lumps are not cancerous

Source: Breakthrough - A UK Charity: Our vision is a future free from the fear of breast cancer

Ode to boobs

By Pip Bishop

Dear boobs,

This heartfelt apology goes out to you all
For moaning you're too big or moaning you're too small

For wishing you didn't hang like puppies in sacks
Or just disappear when we lie on our backs

For squashing you flat with a minimising cup
or those torture bras that push you right up

Why is it always your bad points we mention
Like your inverted nips or your water retention?

Why don't we love you as much as our men
Or the babies that love you all over again?

Maybe we're scared to show you we care
In case, one day, you're simply not there

Source: Breakthrough - A UK Charity: Our vision is a future free from the fear of breast cancer

How do I change my print to pink?

This is also very close to my heart as my mum's dad and 2 of her sisters have all had cancer. Her elder sister died 2 years ago, after being clear of cancer for over 20 years she started to develop lumps on her shoulders and back (as well as altzeimers). The cancer spread very quickly to her brain and she died peacefully. My mum's younger sister was pregnant at 38 when she developed cervical cancer. As soon as she had her daughter they started treatment but it had spread to her breast. Luckily it was caught in time and she made a full recovery after mastectomy etc.

It's always at the back of my mind too PH as I've had scares in the past.

Hugs to everyone who has someone going through this terrible illness (((((((( ))))))))

Hi Mrs D - if you look at the little icons above where you type in a quick reply, you'll see a big A. Click on the little arrow beside it and click on the little pink square.

HUGS, honey!!

Back