Cara's JUDDDD Diary

Aww thanks everyone. An early night I think. My kids are being evil and stressing me out. I'm also sick of my kids wasting food. Maybe I could start a diet where all I eat is what my kids leave!! ;oD

This diet is making me extra grumpy, although it isn't helped by the fact I've got my period AGAIN. 17 days since my last one stared. Argghh. Very tempted to sod it and have a flake.

According to Dr Johnson's calculator, my calorie allowance at 20% would only be 362 per day. I've been doing up to 500 as suggested.

I think I'd go mad on so few calories!!

I caved today and had two slices of bread with a teaspoon of liver and bacon pate. So what with that and my shake this morning/afternoon I've had approximately 600 calories. Doh. Think it might be wise to move from shakes to real food for down days. Ainsley Harriot does sone packet soups at only 103 calories and it's thick and filling. So even 3 of those might be better.

Hope everyone else is doing ok

Mmmm. Food.
Porridge for breakfast
A chicken dinner (well chicken breast, carrots, cauli and mash) for lunch
Chilli meatballs with pasta for tea followed by a Cornetto enigma.

Yummmmy

Oh and I've had 2 mini Ritter sport bar things.

Moved on to food for down days. Sticking to ready made portions as opposed to weighing and guessing So had an Ainsley Harriot packet tomato soup - 95 calories - for lunch. For tea had a packet of frozen microwave rice and veg things - 165 calories I think.

And a bourbon biscuit.

Went a bit mad on yesterday's up day. Had a caramel macchiato and a biscotti at Starbucks. I opted for the skimmed milk but can't do the sugar free syrup as I don't do artificial sweeteners. Certainly makes dieting tough. When I did Slimming World I ate loads of Muller Lights. Can't have them now. And no diet sodas either.

Shared a pizza for tea. Yummy.

Down day today. Find weekend down days tough. Might be easier with real food tho. Fingers crossed...

Not too bad a day. Had a rice thingy again for lunch (160 cals) then made a pasta, tuna and salsa combo that came to 201 calories. Tiny portion but quite filling. Had it really early tho so feeling the tummy rumbles now. Can feel a chai tea coming on.

Managed to avoid food til tea time. Tea was as follows;
1 grilled sausage - 116 cals
100g green beans and broccoli - 30 cals
25g baked beans - 25 cals
Yeo Valley Little Pots yoghurt - 98 cals.

Total - 269 cals

So, if sticking to 362 cals then I've got another 93 cals to spare. Or 231 if sticking to 500. Hmmm.

Yesteday's down day was a disaster. It started well:

Fluids till lunchtime and had a packet soup - 105 cals

And I even resisted the fish and chips. I had my 65 cal slim a soup.

But an incredible bread craving overpowered me and I had 2 slices of yummy crusty bread with butter and marmalade. I've no real idea of the calorie content. And it gets worse...

I then had 2 butter fruity shortcake biscuits - about 94 cals each. Followed by a mini Ritter Sport. (cals unknown)

It might have been less calorific to have the fish and chips!! Lol. Oh well. I am partly blaming the hubby as he was out with his mate who is visiting from Oz so he wasn't around to keep me from temptation. Haha. Ok, I know that's lame. But I know if he was in I'd not have done it just to prove to him I can do this. Sadly he's not v supportive as he reckons if I get thin I'll leave him.

I then developed the most hideous headache and had an early night.

So today I'm trying to be moderate. I was going to have some wine tonight but will save it for Saturday.

This week's diet hasn't been great. Will be surprised if any weight loss. Maybe I should have taken the week off. And today I got my period again. That's my cycle down to only 11 days!! Truly fed up. Glad it's an up day. Doubt I will be making healthy choices ;oD

Heya, sorry to hear that you're struggling. Try and keep to it for a wee bit longer maybe, but if it's really not working out maybe that's not the diet for you?
Best wishes hun.

Bah, screw you lb! You'll kick it's ass in no time!
Chin up! Moving on up!
Hope SW works out :)
xx

I've decided I'm going to do Down Days on Mon, Wed and Fri. Will try to be good on Tue and Thur. Might do a Down Day on a Sat if hubby is at work. Sunday dinner on a different day just isn't the same so refusing to do a Down Day on a Sunday ;oD

Il be joining you on that plan hon, on exante, well more off than on lol, but going to use the products for dd's! Good day today eh? X

Back